Games That Spam 'What's New' Feed on PS4

droppingtherock

15 hours ago, DiezelWashington said:

man im trying to find something i can do to remove those from my feed i have that one "friend" who baught the division 2 when it was 3 bucks or something and hasn't played anything else since .he's been playing this for over a year now and im guessing 18hrs a day from the pollution on my feed (its all of my feed) and the worst part is that he unfriended me for no reason a i still have to endure this spam.i tried blocking his account with no results now i dont know what to do besides breaking into his house and smashing his ps4 1f602.png

Division 2 creates a notification for every 5 minutes of gameplay. I timed it.

22 minutes ago, DaaneS97 said:

You can also add World of Tanks to your list, the amount of spam is similar to GTA 5's and it's always unnecessary crap in a language you can't understand anyway

I second this. I dont remember as many or any notifications after newest big update but earlier WoT wanted to constantly post about how I or someone else get 1 second air time on tank. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So true, I find the GTA ones are the worst, it feels like such a shameless, slimy corporate move too, they haven't even bothered to separate the ads from the notifications, it literally reads "Jeffery69 has started playing Grand Theft Auto V Shark Cards available from th... for the first time.". The feed is just bombarded with Rockstar ads. And then there's the opposite problem I've noticed where some games just don't appear on my feed at all even after rebuilding my database, trophies from both Steep and Cyberpunk were just ghosts on my activity feed from both myself and friends who I knew were playing, 

• Like 1

It doesn’t annoy me at all personally, nor have I noticed some games causing more spam than others. The ‘What’s New’ feed is out of the way so it’s not like it’s in your face or anything, and besides, it’s a feature I quite enjoy. ?

The biggest spammers on my feed is usually generated by the people on my FL who play really ezpz type games for trophies and are earning like 50 trophies per day lol. That’s the only time I wish there was a mute/filter feature. If I had my way, I’d narrow down my feed to maybe a dozen or so of my closest trophy hunter friends so I could keep track on what they’re up to and ignore all the other plebs.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 2:47 PM, OakfieldPark said:

then there's the opposite problem I've noticed where some games just don't appear on my feed at all even after rebuilding my database, trophies from both Steep and Cyberpunk were just ghosts on my activity feed from both myself and friends who I knew were playing, 

I got the plat on Cyberpunk pretty early but noticed the same thing. I just assumed it had something to do with it being removed from the PS Store.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...