How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

I don't think I'll be trying this out since I'd love to experience TLOU2 as a true survival game sometime in the future, but this glitch is great for anyone who doesn't prefer that and would like to get through the game quicker. Would be great if the guide author updated the guide to reflect this glitch (if it doesn't disable trophies) for those who don't tend to check the Forum often.

I'm sure this will be very helpful to plenty of players. Thanks for sharing! :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Hey guys,

I found a way to enable the built-in cheats/gameplay modifiers in Grounded Mode. They are usually disabled by default. This will save you a lot of time and will drop the difficulty even further. It removes all remaining challenge that might be left after enabling accessibility options. There will be no reason to not combine permadeath and grounded in one playthrough for those of you that still hesitate.

1. Start a new playthrough (NG or NG+) on Grounded. This will disable and lock all gameplay modifiers in the options menu.

2. Play through the prologue ("Jackson"), 

3. When reaching "The Gate" in Seattle Day 1: Manually SAVE YOUR GAME,

4. Quit to the main menu and start any "Story -> Encounters" on any difficulty except for Grounded,

5. After loading into the encounter navigate to "Options -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifiers" and enable any modifiers you like.

6. Quit back to main menu,

7. Select "Story -> Continue" in main menu.

8. You are back at "The Gate" with all cheats enabled that you previously selected.

There is still no way to enable or disable them in the options menu, but the game will indicate that they are enabled by showing the slider on the right end of the bar. You have to repeat the process after quitting and restarting the game, but it will take only 2-3 minutes. It works with the current patch.

This method will give you:

- Infinite Ammo

- Infinite Crafting Materials

- One Shot / One Hit Kills

You can just shoot through most encounters in a few seconds instead of crawling slowly through them ("Invisible while prone"). You don't have to scavenge anymore. Bosses will die in one hit, therefore all remaining challenge of Grounded is gone.

I still need confirmation that this doesn't disable trophies but i'm 99% sure it won't because it's a glitch. I'm planning to finish my Grounded playthrough later today, but it's a loooong game. If someone else could confirm this in the meantime, it would be really helpful.

This is so awesome, thank you!

• Like 1

how long does it take to get to the area we need to quit, i have yet to start a new game plus, when we quit for the day, what steps do we need to do to continue our saves for grounded with cheats 

Edited by lucky0ne16

1 minute ago, lucky0ne16 said:

how long does it take to get to the area we need to quit, i have yet to start a new game plus

I guess you can do the glitch earlier than that. You just need an encounter to replay from the menu. That should be the case after you finished the first real encounter in the game.

But the prologue is not too hard and can be done in an hour or two. It depends on your skills, stealth or no stealth and if you skip cutscenes or not.

2 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Well I was gonna put this off, but it's probably time to do this before it gets patched. :P

Could this work if you have permadeath enabled as well? Or does the save & exit mean you can't load back in the same way?

Permadeath still saves the game continuously but only outside of encounters (while in the story). If you follow the instructions closely you will be just at the beginning of a new chapter and your progress was saved immediately before you quit out. I think the glitch should work without any changes necessary but i can't test this (no save file).

The game will actually warn you that it's not save to leave the game while in combat. You can also check if it's safe by pressing OPTIONS, there is message indicating this in the pause menu.

3 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

thanks, i have beaten the game already, so to do the glich we just need to replay a encounter and click on what we want and quit and resume story ?

Yes. But make sure to manually save your game. The autosave from the story might be overwritten accidentally.

3 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

I guess you can do the glitch earlier than that. You just need an encounter to replay from the menu. That should be the case after you finished the first real encounter in the game.

I'll try and confirm this. I personally wouldn't be good enough to get through all of Jackson on Permadeath + Grounded I don't think.

Just tried this can confirm this works on grounded + perma-death mode. The earliest you can do is right after you finish the patrol chapter so you get the marketplace encounter to show up in your main menu. There are 4 clickers in total and you get about 4 rifle bullets and 4 handgun bullets. You also get another molotov so hopefully you can kill one with the molotov. 

On 30/09/2020 at 7:38 AM, proud2bNs said:

There is still no way to enable or disable them in the options menu, but the game will indicate that they are enabled by showing the slider on the right end of the bar. You have to repeat the process after quitting and restarting the game, but it will take only 2-3 minutes. It works with the current patch.

So let me see if I understood what you said. When we quit and restart the game, all we have to do is enable the cheats in the option menu and continue the story?

3 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

So let me see if I understood what you said. When we quit and restart the game, all we have to do is enable the cheats in the option menu and continue the story?

No. You have to load up an encounter on a different difficulty, enable the cheats and then continue the story. Always manually save your game before loading an encounter, just to be safe.