How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

14 hours ago, Swotam said:

There’s no reason why you can’t do it this way, however the concern would be that the items used to upgrade weapons and character are limited in Grounded mode, so you may not have enough. When I played for Platinum I had to replay a big chunk of the game before I got everything upgraded, and that was on Easy if I recall correctly. Doing a second playthrough on Grounded may not result in enough materials to upgrade, meaning you’d have to partially replay the game again to finish everything. No matter how you slice it, I think you’re looking at 2.5 playthroughs if you want 100%.

This makes sense, except the trophy guide on this site claims that the number of parts and supplements are the same across all difficulties, and that it’s just the crafting resources that are limited. And with the cheats enabled crafting resources shouldn’t be a problem.

I guess I’ll just give it a shot and see what happens. Having to do a speedy half-run of the game on easy for clean up wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’ve suffered through much worse in the pursuit of trophies. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This makes sense, except the trophy guide on this site claims that the number of parts and supplements are the same across all difficulties, and that it’s just the crafting resources that are limited. And with the cheats enabled crafting resources shouldn’t be a problem.

I guess I’ll just give it a shot and see what happens. Having to do a speedy half-run of the game on easy for clean up wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’ve suffered through much worse in the pursuit of trophies. 1f601.png

In that case you should be fine. I played the game day one so I never bothered with a guide and had the Platinum before the DLC trophies were released. If you can get it done in 2 play throughs then that’ll save you time in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Nitro said:

Is this patched or still working on the latest patch?

7 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Wonder that too. Would love to use this to do for perma + grounded + collectible/upgrade cleanup

According to Google, there was no patch since September. So why should it not work? People in this thread still used it in November. I don't think they will ever fix this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

According to Google, there was no patch since September. So why should it not work? People in this thread still used it in November. I don't think they will ever fix this.

Ah, good to know. Will have to try this out when I get the chance. The game's super long, so any methods of shortening the ng+ is a solid one haha

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:38 AM, proud2bNs said:

1. Start a new playthrough (NG or NG+) on Grounded. This will disable and lock all gameplay modifiers in the options menu.

2. Play through the prologue ("Jackson"), 

3. When reaching "The Gate" in Seattle Day 1: Manually SAVE YOUR GAME,

Does this method work with Grounded and permadeath combined?

I cannot manually save my game because it says "locked due to permadeath"...

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.8.2021 at 7:29 PM, BigBadKingCule said:

Does this method work with Grounded and permadeath combined?

I cannot manually save my game because it says "locked due to permadeath"...

Yes. Still works. Once u get to the supermarket encounter u can exit out the game, go to encounters on any difficulty but grounded. Turn on cheats and exit out the encounter into main menu. Then just start ur story and u should be good to go. When u want to get back to the game after u finished a session u just can directly head into encounters to turn cheats on again the same way as before. :) 

• Like 1

Was reading this thread just now, thanks for all the advice so far. I just completed the game once yesterday and currently I'm doing Chapter Select to clean up collectible trophies.

What I am planning to do after this is to do a partial 2nd New Game Plus walkthrough to upgrade all weapons and skills, and then a 3rd Grounded and Permadeath walkthrough based on the 2nd partial walkthrough save.

I only have a question here which is: Will the fully upgraded weapons and skills carry over to the 3rd walkthrough, or will I have to fully finish the 2nd walkthrough for this to happen, since I believe I will only most likely need up to Abby's Day 1 to fully upgrade them all? Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 1:38 AM, proud2bNs said:

Hey guys,

I found a way to enable the built-in cheats/gameplay modifiers in Grounded Mode. They are usually disabled by default. This will save you a lot of time and will drop the difficulty even further. It removes all remaining challenge that might be left after enabling accessibility options. There will be no reason to not combine permadeath and grounded in one playthrough for those of you that still hesitate.

1. Start a new playthrough (NG or NG+) on Grounded. This will disable and lock all gameplay modifiers in the options menu.

2. Play through the prologue ("Jackson"), 

3. When reaching "The Gate" in Seattle Day 1: Manually SAVE YOUR GAME,

4. Quit to the main menu and start any "Story -> Encounters" on any difficulty except for Grounded,

5. After loading into the encounter navigate to "Options -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifiers" and enable any modifiers you like.

6. Quit back to main menu,

7. Select "Story -> Continue" in main menu.

8. You are back at "The Gate" with all cheats enabled that you previously selected.

There is still no way to enable or disable them in the options menu, but the game will indicate that they are enabled by showing the slider on the right end of the bar. You have to repeat the process after quitting and restarting the game, but it will take only 2-3 minutes. It works with the current patch.

This method will give you:

- Infinite Ammo

- Infinite Crafting Materials

- One Shot / One Hit Kills

You can just shoot through most encounters in a few seconds instead of crawling slowly through them ("Invisible while prone"). You don't have to scavenge anymore. Bosses will die in one hit, therefore all remaining challenge of Grounded is gone.

EDIT:

It 100% works, just got my trophy. Trophies are NOT disabled when using this glitch.

Have fun guys!

I’ve not been this excited about new game + ever. Thanks for sharing this Proud. 

• Like 1