proud2bNs

How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

142 posts in this topic

Used this cheat for my third playthrough.

Really enjoyed being all-powerful for a change and not having to look in every nook and cranny for supplies.
Just sped through the game and mowed everything down :D 

Especially fun during the Rat King sequence. First playthrough was frustrating. Second playthrough I knew what to do, but playing in permadeath still got me nervous.
Third playthrough (grounded mode, but with the cheats enabled)... Rat King shows up... BOOM! Die, b*tch! :D

Edited by dJordman

Does this still work? Looks like it does by the recent posts... Thanks for sharing this!!!

Edited by fresquinho

22 hours ago, fresquinho said:

Does this still work? Looks like it does by the recent posts... Thanks for sharing this!!!

It did in July 2021, I doubt it will ever change

After I done everything in OP, the difficulty stay on last choosen, but not on Grounded...?!  😐 And after hit Continue, last manual save on the GATE, bring me to the garage...?

Beside this didn't understand how exactly to activate in the same time Grounded+ Permadeath + the cheats? I mean, I know where r all in the options menu, but 1 exclude/lock another, u know....

In a matter of fact, did all these work up to date?

Edited by Vynzen

8 hours ago, Vynzen said:

After I done everything in OP, the difficulty stay on last choosen, but not on Grounded...?!  😐 And after hit Continue, last manual save on the GATE, bring me to the garage...?

Beside this didn't understand how exactly to activate in the same time Grounded+ Permadeath + the cheats? I mean, I know where r all in the options menu, but 1 exclude/lock another, u know....

In a matter of fact, did all these work up to date?

It is working. Got plat yesterday. 

What I did:

1. Start Grounded + and permadeath by chapter.

2. Finish prolouge.

3. Exit to menu (Auto save at the start, you cant manual save in permadeath mode)

4. Choose Story -> Encounter (Any encounter, any difficulty but I chose very light +)

5. Pause -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifier (unlock and turn on what you want like infinite ammo, resources, slow mo, etc)

6. Exit to menu.

7. Story -> Continue (Should be riding horse, after seeing a car you can unmount. You can check if the modifier is activated by crafting, you must have infinite resources)

Edited by sayonaaraaa

5 hours ago, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

3. Exit to menu (Auto save at the start, you cant manual save in permadeath mode)

4. Choose Story -> Encounter (Any encounter, any difficulty but I chose very light +)

5. Pause -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifier (unlock and turn on what you want like infinite ammo, resources, slow mo, etc)

6. Exit to menu.

7. Story -> Continue (Should be riding horse, after seeing a car you can unmount. You can check if the modifier is activated by crafting, you must have infinite resources)

So, when Ellie and Dina (on a horse) are in the woods AKA "The Gate" chapter, I should exit to main menu, and do the rest. Is that it? :)

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

So, when Ellie and Dina (on a horse) are in the woods AKA "The Gate" chapter, I should exit to main menu, and do the rest. Is that it? :)

Yes

On 6.12.2021 г. at 0:56 PM, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

6. Exit to menu.

Hi,

Thanx a lot for ur reply.

Everything work like a charm after I did these steps as u write.

12 hours ago, Vynzen said:

Hi,

Thanx a lot for ur reply.

Everything work like a charm after I did these steps as u write.

No problem, I’m glad I was able to help.

This does not disable those items you use to upgrade your player skills right?

Because i have been playing for a while now and i have not found any of those things after i started using the glitch.

Anyway thank you very much for finding this glitch for us because the game was really long the first time i beat it so i want the second time to just get done as fast and easy as possible.

9 hours ago, CyberLance said:

This does not disable those items you use to upgrade your player skills right?

You mean Supplements? No. I'm still able to upgrade my characters and weapons on Grounded Plus with permadeath. But, beware that on Grounded, you aren't able to learn all Listen Mode-related upgrades, so you need to learn them on a lower difficulty setting.

Yea i meant supplements.

I did not find any for a few chapters so i started to get worried but now im finding them again.

I hope i can upgrade everything with Ellie before i must play as Abby because they seem to be rarer now than before.

And yea i know i think i upgraded all the listening mode upgrades the first time i beat the game so i hope i can get the trophy for getting all the player skills this time.

Nice find and very tempting, I admit.

However, I decided to do legit:

#1. Very Light+ with Permadeath

and then second playthrough

#2. Grounded+ for Grounded Mode

I'm almost done with # 1. No problems, the permadeath is not a big threat on very light+. Here I want to get two more trophies: Survival Expert and Arms Master. I like the gameplay so the extra playthrough will be a pleasure. Besides, the game is short. My guess is that Grounded will be difficult, but if game doesn't throw me out at the beginning of the chapter, I can do it. I defeated an army of Metal Gear Rays in MGS2 on Extreme so I can deal with Rat King. Best regards!

Edited by Kessarath

Can I use the cheats on just a very light playthourgh I'm doing just for parts/supplements?

If so, how would I enable them? Just go to menu, enable cheats, and continue playing?

2 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Besides, the game is short.

TLOU2's story is almost twice longer than its prequel. Nevertheless, the platinum journey is shorter since there isn't online multiplayer. :)

2 hours ago, AryanPrinceSanty said:

Can I use the cheats on just a very light playthourgh I'm doing just for parts/supplements?

You can use the in-game cheats after finishing the story for the first time. So, if it is your playthrough, you're out of luck.

On 21.12.2021 at 3:09 PM, zizimonster said:

Nevertheless, the platinum journey is shorter since there isn't online multiplayer. :)

Yes. Fortunately for me, there is no multiplayer in TLoU Part II! Played recently Ghost of Tsushima and I had to spend some extra time there, although it was surprisingly nice, the multiplayer is not my cup of tea. :)

PS: Played first TLoU on PS3 on 2013. I would probably like to do Platinum in TLoU 1 (I didn't play that way at the time). However, it is because of the multiplayer that I put off refreshing this experience in the remastered version.

Huge find ! literally made the hardest things in the walkthrough are only the loading screens and the walking parts

Posted (edited)

I just completed it and i can confirm that there are less supplements and parts on Grounded compared to normal, so, the numbers of those is not fixed, still, there are more than enough to fully upgrade your weapons and abilities, I fully recommend you all this playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuGZAFj5iqHfg2qlsxmZ7R0KpaFF4Uvpu) to take a look on collectibles, supplements and parts as they have timestamps to show you where they are in your second run. 

Also, i can confirm that you can use the glitch as soon as you finish the supermarket area, just after you loose Dina for a few seconds on the snow section and reach a new place (a library i think), in case you need to stop your session just go to the main menu and close the game, the next time just go directly to encounters (the supermaket is a good one) select the things that you need, leave to the main menu and then hit continue. 

All in all i just died 6 times, lose 36 minutes and completed the game on grounded and permadeath in 8hrs 52min, 4 of my deaths were in the theater but the rest is just a walk in the park.

Edited by jossmilan7412

19 minutes ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I fully recommend you all this playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuGZAFj5iqHfg2qlsxmZ7R0KpaFF4Uvpu) to take a look on collectibles, supplements and parts as they have timestamps to show you where they are in your second run.

No need to follow a video guide for supplements and/or parts. Just activate the accessibility options that let you see all stuff in the environments. Set it to 30M and 1s, and you're good to go. You can even see enemies through walls on Grounded + permadeath. That's what I did. :)

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, zizimonster said:

No need to follow a video guide for supplements and/or parts. Just activate the accessibility options that let you see all stuff in the environments. Set it to 30M and 1s, and you're good to go. You can even see enemies through walls on Grounded + permadeath. That's what I did. :)

I used it for the enemies, but i do personally think that is better to just see where the parts are on a video as some of those are not in the story path and you'll have to keep an eye on second floors, plus rooms that are kinda far of the regular path, not to mention that you'll have to use it constantly (just 2 presses, i know) which i think takes way more time an "effort"  than just seeing where those things are. But to each his own, my recomendation stands tho.

Edited by jossmilan7412

Posted (edited)

How do I survive through grounded permadeath long enough to be able to use this glitch? And do I have to have completed the game already before doing this?

Edited by me_is_caveman

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

How do I survive through grounded permadeath long enough to be able to use this glitch? And do I have to have completed the game already before doing this?

No, you cant get the unlocks until you complete the game once. If I were to do this again I would:

1 - play on very lighty + perma-death

2 - clean up collectibles in reverse story order to avoid save loading

3 - speed run grounded with the glitched cheats unlocked

Edited by audiopile

On 1/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, audiopile said:

No, you cant get the unlocks until you complete the game once. If I were to do this again I would:

1 - play on very lighty + perma-death

2 - clean up collectibles in reverse story order to avoid save loading

3 - speed run grounded with the glitched cheats unlocked

I thought the person who made this thread said grounded and permadeath should be combined? Or is that just assuming I already beat this game once?

1 hour ago, me_is_caveman said:

I thought the person who made this thread said grounded and permadeath should be combined? Or is that just assuming I already beat this game once?

You can activate Permadeath mode on your first playthrough, then do Grounded mode with cheats enabled on second playthrough (New Game Plus). However, if you want a stress-free first playthrough, just combine Permadeath and Grounded on a second playthrough (New Game Plus). :)

16 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

They could be of course, but I would say that is for people who already have the plat.

15 hours ago, zizimonster said:

You can activate Permadeath mode on your first playthrough, then do Grounded mode with cheats enabled on second playthrough (New Game Plus). However, if you want a stress-free first playthrough, just combine Permadeath and Grounded on a second playthrough (New Game Plus). :)

You can yes, but you can die pretty easy on Grounded (the first encounter at the grocery store is kinda tricky because you have to kill them all, you cant stealth around the zombies - and you cant start the glitches until this is completed legit on Grounded) and it would suck to have to start from a chapter rather than a check point.  There are only a couple places where the permadeath may hurt you on very light, I lost about an hour total over a 25 hours playthrough.

For anyone who hasn't played yet, I still think perma and light for first play, and then grounded with cheats for the second.

Side note: Im really enjoying my 3rd playthrough speed run on Grounded. It flows really well when you don't have to spend time collecting material or collectibles, just running and chasing. Not boring at all. (cheats enabled of course).

Edited by audiopile