How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

• 2 months later...

I beat this on release and wasted all my  "points" on the character models because at the time there were no tweaks. I was so bummed when they patched them in as I didn't have enough to get the useful ones for Grounded. Given the length of the game and how emotionally exhausting I found it to be, I didn't have the will to play through it when the free trophies were added.

2 years layer, I have finally come back to it and have just finished my Very Light+ Permadeath run today. I now have enough "points" to unlock Infinite Ammo, Infinite Crafting, One Hit Shots, and One Hit Melee for my Grounded+ run and God willing this will be a breakneck speedrun as my Permadeath run took about 22 hours. Thank you OP for sharing this method, I can't wait to one shot the Rat King. ☠️

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

hello question, in my extra's it says complete story to unlock , i have no saved data as iv just came across the glitch, so where it says in the 1st post, start a new game or new game plus, it seems a NEW game start ( from scratch ) isnt going to work? am i missing something, iv chosen grounded,

On 06/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, sayonaaraaa said:

It is working. Got plat yesterday. 

What I did:

1. Start Grounded + and permadeath by chapter.

2. Finish prolouge.

3. Exit to menu (Auto save at the start, you cant manual save in permadeath mode)

4. Choose Story -> Encounter (Any encounter, any difficulty but I chose very light +)

5. Pause -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifier (unlock and turn on what you want like infinite ammo, resources, slow mo, etc)

6. Exit to menu.

7. Story -> Continue (Should be riding horse, after seeing a car you can unmount. You can check if the modifier is activated by crafting, you must have infinite resources)

what if i have no saved data ? it says extra's are locked un till story is complete , so i cant do it?

36 minutes ago, Waspfarmer said:

hello question, in my extra's it says complete story to unlock , i have no saved data as iv just came across the glitch, so where it says in the 1st post, start a new game or new game plus, it seems a NEW game start ( from scratch ) isnt going to work? am i missing something, iv chosen grounded,

You have to beat the game to earn points to spend on unlocking tweaks. If you are on your first playthrough, you can do a Very Light Permadeath (chapter) run which will earn you enough points to buy the tweaks for your NG+ Grounded run. Or you could do a Permadeath Grounded run with tweaks in NG+.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

You have to beat the game to earn points to spend on unlocking tweaks. If you are on your first playthrough, you can do a Very Light Permadeath (chapter) run which will earn you enough points to buy the tweaks for your NG+ Grounded run. Or you could do a Permadeath Grounded run with tweaks in NG+.

oh i see thank you for reply

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, AJoeyKid said:

How are people doing this? It won't let me manually save with permadeath enabled? Has it been patched?

The steps I followed ?

On 12/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

3. Exit to menu (Auto save at the start, you cant manual save in permadeath mode)

4. Choose Story -> Encounter (Any encounter, any difficulty but I chose very light +)

5. Pause -> Extras -> Gameplay Modifier (unlock and turn on what you want like infinite ammo, resources, slow mo, etc)

6. Exit to menu.

7. Story -> Continue (Should be riding horse, after seeing a car you can unmount. You can check if the modifier is activated by crafting, you must have infinite resources)

• Like 1

Guys, I can't believe what just happened. I was already at The Farm chapter on Grounded + Permadeath when my autosave got screwed up. I loaded up the game, gone to Encounters to enable the cheats, but there was some Internet error and I couldn't load the autosave anymore, it says no chapter name and it does not load anything. Of course my cloud save is disabled ?

Almost 10 hours of work into the bin, I will not get 100% in this game. This is just a heads up to always upload your autosave into the cloud because anything could happen with this shitty console storage...

On 2022. 9. 18. at 0:01 AM, Spittleneck said:

Guys, I can't believe what just happened. I was already at The Farm chapter on Grounded + Permadeath when my autosave got screwed up. I loaded up the game, gone to Encounters to enable the cheats, but there was some Internet error and I couldn't load the autosave anymore, it says no chapter name and it does not load anything. Of course my cloud save is disabled ?

Almost 10 hours of work into the bin, I will not get 100% in this game. This is just a heads up to always upload your autosave into the cloud because anything could happen with this shitty console storage...

This is exactly why I play my games offline except for the ones that require multiplayers. I got the problem you mentioned on countless games back when i was playing xbox 360. Well like the guide says, it can be done within 10 hours. That's like a week of playtime for most of us so it's still doable if you don't give up. It's not like you lost you save from Star Ocean 4 or FF15.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, Spittleneck said:

Guys, I can't believe what just happened. I was already at The Farm chapter on Grounded + Permadeath when my autosave got screwed up. I loaded up the game, gone to Encounters to enable the cheats, but there was some Internet error and I couldn't load the autosave anymore, it says no chapter name and it does not load anything. Of course my cloud save is disabled 1f622.png

You have to redo all the steps for the cheats whenever you close the game application. And I don't think it matters whether you're connected to the internet or not as long as you keep save data auto-upload disabled. I've never experienced an "internet error" corrupts my save data, to be honest. :hmm:

And, more importantly, always back up your save data after each session to a USB drive or PS cloud. :)

1 minute ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

This is exactly why I play my games offline except for the ones that require multiplayers.

I don't think it matters -- I've been playing all my games online for years. ?

• 2 weeks later...

This ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK! This is a fake article. Anyone who follows these steps will see that after you turn on modifiers, quit and then select continue knows it only takes you to the low difficulty file you were just on. Don't fall for this. 

22 hours ago, soupp22 said:

It works like a charm in my PS5. Doing grounded + permadeath right now. 

Post a video walk-through of it because it does  not work on my PS5, my cousin's PS5 or his coworker's either... 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:49 PM, SairenOne said:

Can confirm there isn't even a PS5 version of the game...

I tried this work-around on the PS5 version of the first game since I was playing it at the time and it didn't work for that one. Now I've tried several times with part 2 like this one was for amd it still doesn't work. Not for me or people I know. 

On 05/10/2022 at 11:46 PM, Anathema30 said:

This ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK! This is a fake article. Anyone who follows these steps will see that after you turn on modifiers, quit and then select continue knows it only takes you to the low difficulty file you were just on. Don't fall for this. 

Post a video walk-through of it because it does  not work on my PS5, my cousin's PS5 or his coworker's either... 

I tried this work-around on the PS5 version of the first game since I was playing it at the time and it didn't work for that one. Now I've tried several times with part 2 like this one was for amd it still doesn't work. Not for me or people I know. 

I think the glitch only work on TLOU Part 2. It doesn’t work on both ps4 and ps5 version of TLOU Part 1. I’ve uploaded the working glitch into youtube. This was on PS5, recorded today. What I did is exactly the steps above. Also, I uploaded my save file every time to cloud before I reach The Gate on Seattle Day 1 where you can find the encounter option. It saved me a lots of time when I died in the middle of a chapter.

I forgot to go into the difficulty page to show u the difficulty on the video. Here’s a screenshot of it.

https://ibb.co/smntyZH

On 10/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, Anathema30 said:

It does work, I just did it on PS5 a few weeks ago following the steps exactly. 

It's likely you're not doing something right therefore it's impossible for any of us here to tell you what you're doing wrong until you figure that out for yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of doing this after trying to Plat Part 1 REMAKE on PS5 (once I buy the game).

The DLC put me off for Part II, but do these glitches still work on the latest patch?  Oct 2022?

Also, I'd probably play Part II on my PS4, as I only really use PS5 for PS5 exclusives only e.g. Part 1 REMAKE, so would this glitch for Part II work when using a PS4?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, J-S_93 said:

Thinking of doing this after trying to Plat Part 1 REMAKE on PS5 (once I buy the game).

The DLC put me off for Part II, but do these glitches still work on the latest patch?  Oct 2022?

Also, I'd probably play Part II on my PS4, as I only really use PS5 for PS5 exclusives only e.g. Part 1 REMAKE, so would this glitch for Part II work when using a PS4?

I believe the exploit will work since there's no new patch. I tried it on base PS4 last December, and it did work.

I followed the steps below:

On 12/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

6. Exit to menu.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

6. Exit to menu.

Thanks a lot for this, and this thread. Just completed the game and was thinking of going for the plat/100% (recently semi-retired), but playing through this slog of a game again didn't appeal to me. This changes that!

• 4 months later...
On 12/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, sayonaaraaa said:

What I did:

2. Finish prolouge.

6. Exit to menu.

I can confirm this still works but however you still need to do this whenever you quit the game then come back 

Dunno if this was ever mentioned before, but I think there's an easier way to do it and that let's you do even before the first encounter.

1. Start a New Game+ on Grounded (with or without permadeath)

2. Go back into the menu as soon as you see the game created a save for it

3. Load up your COMPLETE game save (which is nice cause since it's the complete save, you won't even be booted into the game, but it will re-enable the modifiers)

4. Do all the modifiers you want under the EXTRAS options

5. Load back into the save made in step 2

• Like 3