Trophy Progress thread

For anyone who wants to share their trophy progress on this game. I'm at 60% trophies now, just got the trophies for defeating 10,000 enemies(the last one was a Morbol enemy), clearing 100 guildhests(used my Conjurer to get it as queue times are almost instant with a healer-type class and just spammed Duty Roulette for Guildhests, which got me a level on my Conjurer and a lot of gil as the roulette kept sending me to the higher level hests. Probably will never do the Level 40 Guildhests as my last attempt on one was a total party wipe :() and melding 100 materia(I just used a crappy hat with two materia slots and melded two random materia I extracted earlier to it and removed them and repeated until the trophy popped). Now going to do the Quick Synthesis to get the 1000 crafts for armorwork and blacksmithing since I need 2000 bronze ingots and 1000 ice and fire shards. :)

Thanks to the recent Yo-kai Watch event and meeting farming for the 13 original Yo-kai weapons, I managed to get 450 FATEs so I am just doing random FATEs. The Leves will be the most time-consuming, I am saving my allowances until they get to 100 or close to it then burning them on fieldcraft levels to level up my Miner and Botanist to get them to Level 50 on both occassions. I've gotten 52 battlecraft leves and 9 fieldcraft leves. (Even though fishing leves are turn-ins they count as fieldcraft leves and not tradecrafts.)

Fieldcraft isn’t the most beneficial for the trophy UNLESS you’re doing fishing. If you’re looking for faster turn ins you’ll want to be doing tradecraft since they can be bought from market board. Fishing is the exception as you can buy the fish and turn them in. 

Also fishing is fieldcraft because it is a gathering class not a trade/crafting class, hope that helps any confusion. 

The only reason you wouldn’t do this is if you’re on the free trial. 

(I’m currently on my last trophy but I want the platinum to be my 2000th total so fate grinding will have to wait a little. I finished the Yokai event so it will be shared fates for me aha)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 8:42 AM, KuraikagePrime said:

I came back too this hard recently.  Started this last year lol.  I am down to 4 trophies needed for plat.  Coil, Fates, Leves, Hests.  Guild Hests I expect will be my next trophy followed by Coil.  I have been doing this off and on for a year but want to plat this game.

Same here too, only instance of hests I need to get instanced raids. It didn't help that I keep starting over. I finally got one up to good level but now my game keeps kicking me out and disconnecting constantly, as if it doesn't want me to finish the main story. X(

(I got Warrior of Light trophy two characters back with a female Hyur called Caramelle Syrupp. xD)

EDIT: The producers came on today to discuss the next patch. Sadly, it was all Japanese with no subtitles for their chatting, but they did put out English text for the presentation slides and they announced that this game is backwards compatible with the PS5, so once I get that high horsepower hardware in November(assuming I can get it - there are no new pre-orders because they sold out like hotcakes) I plan on transferring my gameplay to the PS5 and hope that it can handle the game better. ;)

Edited by CJ-Olly6
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Almost done, just need 1000 FATEs and 1000 leves, which will take forever as I started off a new character. :(

Also, forget what I said about PS5 as I will never get one due to bots stealing all of the stock before I can buy it.

EDIT: My bad, forgot I still have to go do the Twintania fight in Binding Coils. Sadly that will have to wait until I hit Level 50 and clear the Hard Mode Primals. Been playing too much Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory lately. ?

Edited by CJ-Olly6

20 hours ago, MissShake said:

Man, someone should just make a Let's Platinum thread for XIV, since people are in it for the long haul if they wanna plat it... May as well get a shiny graphic with your name on it as well :D

It's probably on the Let's Play Final Fantasy thread.

I expect my next trophies will be either the 1000 synthesize trophies for cooking or 100 dungeons completed.

A few months ago i thought i will never get this platinum because of the psn description with around 1000hours playtime but after talking to certain veterans and playing it by myself...i can tell the platinum is actually pretty straight forward and if you play it just for the trophies you hardly need more than 250-300h playtime.

you just need around 5-6 months in general for the levequests.

but tbh the game is actually pretty fun aswell so if you guys haven’t tried it yet...go for it you can almost do all trophies without buying the game !

On 11/17/2020 at 0:30 AM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

You can keep repeating the same one over and over the one i did i just stocked up a few thousand health pots as you use 3 at a time to hand in.

Wow, I didn't realize you could do that. I guess the Tradecraft leves are repeatable and don't need a day to refresh. That tip really help my Alchemist class catch up, it was two levels behind the other crafters. ;)

When I create my PS5 account, I'm going to see if I can transfer over my characters. I really love this game and will never play another MMO... at least until I hit the level cap.

43 minutes ago, CJ-Olly6 said:

When I create my PS5 account, I'm going to see if I can transfer over my characters. I really love this game and will never play another MMO... at least until I hit the level cap.

The Square account is linked to your PSN account. So you can just keep playing on that PSN account. I originally had it on PS3 and platinum it on PS4. Too bad you can’t transfer to a new PSN account, since I linked to an old account and would love to platinum it again.

Anyhow, congratulations with the platinum! Quite a road. I wish it had more trophies for expansions, like Monster Hunter Iceborne, since the game only becomes more amazing with  Heavensward, Stormblood and Shadowbringers.

11 hours ago, CJ-Olly6 said:

Wow, I didn't realize you could do that. I guess the Tradecraft leves are repeatable and don't need a day to refresh. That tip really help my Alchemist class catch up, it was two levels behind the other crafters. ;)

Best levequest to do is a low level Goldsmith levequest in Ul'dah (it's handing in bronze ingots). It always shows up and the levequest turn-in is about 15 seconds away from the levequest giver. It's just really boring running back and forth but it's very simple.

18 hours ago, WhisperingDusk said:

The Square account is linked to your PSN account.

This was the answer I was looking for. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I'll have to make another Square-Enix account for my new PSN account and just do all of that work again. (And yes, I made a new PSN ID because I forgot I suck at rhythm games and got blinded by the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. :()

7 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

Best levequest to do is a low level Goldsmith levequest in Ul'dah (it's handing in bronze ingots). It always shows up and the levequest turn-in is about 15 seconds away from the levequest giver. It's just really boring running back and forth but it's very simple.

That doesn't change the fact that you still have to wait for the allowances to fill up. Nothing except Square-Enix is going to change it so you get more than three allowances every 12 hours.

EDIT: Finally got FFXIV on the new account... only to be c-b by the site because it tried to send me a verification code and I accidentally refreshed the page so it sent me back to the entry screen and said "An e-mail was already sent to this e-mail address, please wait 24 hours." So unless I enter a new e-mail not connected to the e-mail on my PSN account, which means I can't link the account to my PSN account, I have to wait until Monday. *groan*

Edited by CJ-Olly6

• 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, DocWong said:

Side question about a trophy in the list, anyone know if have to complete all 5 turns of binding coil or can you just do turn 5 and get the trophy? 

Since you no longer have to clear T1-4 to unlock T5, you can skip the first 4. It pops when the in-game achievement "The Binds That Tie I" pops.

The Binds That Tie I

5 hours ago, Adilya said:

Since you no longer have to clear T1-4 to unlock T5, you can skip the first 4. It pops when the in-game achievement "The Binds That Tie I" pops.

The Binds That Tie I

Ty, I was getting frustrated queuing for T1, just got the trophy using party finder for T5. Now all I have left is the last few grinding trophies.

Finally getting back into this game, to my great surprise I'm actually very close to 1000 levequests completed, to my great disappointment I have over 500 fates to do, is doing the kobold fates in noscea still the best? (20 an hour seems like an awful slog even by mmo standards)

I currently own stormblood, and was gonna wait for the next expansion to get shadow bringers, is fate grinding any better in the current expansion?

12 minutes ago, Bartholomuse said:

I currently own stormblood, and was gonna wait for the next expansion to get shadow bringers, is fate grinding any better in the current expansion?

The FATES in Shadowbringer award you with a currency you can spend to buy things in each Shadowbringer zone, so there's now an added incentive for doing them.

You will be able to buy everything you want before you hit 1000.