Playstation Plus - October 2020

Ghost

Just now, yowzagabowza said:

Vampyr isn't an easy platinum, man, what are you talking about? You have to do a no upgrade run which makes the already janky combat way harder. You can't do it on Easy mode, either. No fast travel makes getting the collectibles, some of which are missable, a pain. 

Anyway, it's no surprise that I won't be taking either of these since they're so old I either played them or never want to. And if they're both already on the other paid services Sony offers, that's even worse. Lowers the value of all the services.

I guess I found it easy then lol. I know you miss out on upgrading your character on pacific mode, but once you stick with certain strategy, even on the vampire enemies later in the game, it's not that difficult and if you run low on health, just suck out few enemies so you are good lol. I still find it easy, because it doesn't include any ridiculously challenging trophies. The boss fights were also pretty straightforward, with the exception of Hail Mary that forced me to strategize. 

And yeah, I can confirm that Vampyre is available on PS Now, so that's pretty lazy on Sony's part. I know that they added RE 7 into that as well for a limited time, but that would still be a much better choice imo. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Vampyr YES! For whatever reason I have been holding out on it every time there is a sale. Good news for me because usually I own all these free plus games way before they end up free. 

Vampyr was different. I platted it last year I believe? The only issue I had was that every time I entered a new area of the map it bugged out and textures didnt load correctly and it would freeze for a minute. I am sure it got patched though. Decent story and interesting. I honestly dont even like vampire stuff but this was fun.

Once again, I can’t help but find it funny that some people assume that everyone is able to pay for several subscriptions or even has time to play everything that is accessible through a subscription. If you only have PS Plus, you’ll be happy with the games they give you, whether they are also free through other services or not. At least that’s my case... Maybe I am not as entitled as some people... ?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, killerlightning said:

PS Now and EA Play games.  Way to go Sony making your own service and other completely worthless.  Swear Sony has the stupidest business people around.

I've been saying this for awhile, why have ps now if you have ps plus?  they all end up as free ps plus games at some point.

25 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh good, i wanted to try Vampyr.

Is anyone running a Halloween event this year as i am sure a lot of people will pick that game to plat on it.

Yes, but not the type we had before,  it's not a Game on Halloween day (Oct 31) ? but get platinums(bounties) in a team.

I already have Payback but haven’t played it yet. I don’t know anything about Vampyr however so I’m gonna have to check that out.

I’m sort of turning a new leaf in my gaming habits and now try to play PS+ games I’m interested in as they come right away and just play my backlog when there’s nothing for me from PS+... that was the case for the past 2 months but maybe Vampyr will break that.

Edit: There are some online trophies in Payback aren’t there? It’s prolly best to get them out of the way right now that it’s gonna be popular.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

What? A month with two solid games not everyone already has and not a single shitty sports gambling game or battle royale in sight? Color me surprised.

Definitely looks like a good month, gonna actually return to psplus under these circumstances. I had Vampyre on my to buy list anyway since the last good vampire game I played was Blood Omen 2 on the PS2, so this is a win to me. Haven't played a real racing game for many years and not played a NFS game since Carbon on PS2, but I might as well play NFS Payback to see whether I still can have fun with these kinds of games.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1