Game any good?

The combat is pretty good, everything else leaves a lot to be desired, but that's my opinion, you may love the game, don't let me stop you, I'd say just download it, it you like it, great if you don't then delete it, sure it took you 48 years to download the game, but whatever right? no harm done. ;D

I really enjoyed the demo but I didn't like it quite enough to spend the $60 on it. I was planning on getting it when the price dropped but now that it is free for PS+ obviously I won't have to do that. Most people I have talked to say that the gameplay is great but it does leave something to be desired so it seems like it isn't the greatest game in the world but it certainly isn't bad. 

Parker

The game isn't just good, it's exceptional. (in my opinion)  I bought the title on Day One, and I thought it was worth every penny I spent, DLC chapters included.

If you take the time to do bunches of sidequests and a fair amount of exploration, you can sink 40-50 hours into this title easy.

I agree with Aria and disagree with Humonic. Combat is very limited and dull.  

I mainly keep playing because some quests and story elements are good. And because I already invested too much to stop now. It is a decent game, but simply too long and stretched in all its elements.

One of the most unnoticed games you'll play in your whole career. Honestly there's plenty of quests and items and a good variety of play styles. I really liked the environment and enemies and the multiple ways to go about killing them. It only gets repetitive if you go mage (OP) and cast meteors on everything. I switched up play styles as i progressed and had one heck of a good time. If you're going to get it remember to take some paper or something and mark the herbs you get. I think one of the trophies wanted 10 of each and i was missing a herb you get in the beginning of the game :|  Either way it was a great game. 9/10 for me. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

(Played it on PC)

The game gets boring pretty quick.  I think it was intended to be an MMO, so you get that "fetch quest" vibe from a lot of the side quests.

That being said, if that doesn't ruin the game for you, the combat is absolutely boatloads of fun and almost carries the game on it's own.  By no means is there a lot of depth to it, it's mindless button mashing for the most part... but it's very flashy and satisfying.  The game also gets much easier as you level up since enemies don't level with you (they stay whatever level you were at when you first entered the "zone"), so it really feels like you're getting unreasonably powerful as time goes on.  Which, if you don't mind the lack of challenge, is pretty fun lol.

Edited by Dreakon13

I got it on launch day played a couple of hours and never touched it again for 2 and a half years. Went back and had a lot of fun getting the platinum, the story and voice acting were crap and i skipped nearly every conversation but the gameplay and world were great and were the only reason i put 70 hours into the game.

You get bunches of fetch quests in many an RPG these days.  Just because KoA:R has them doesn't mean it was meant to be an MMORPG.... and I've yet to see any information from anything that was a remotely credible source that it was ever meant to be such.  And I don't see how the game being an MMORPG would fit with the storyline in the first place, as said plot screams "single player" to me.

38 Studios' second project -- the one they were working on when the money ran out and everything collapsed -- was an MMORPG.