How does Gacha work?

Phlegeth

37 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

Like are all the characters pooled together?  Like I want a specific character, Beidou.  Does it matter where I pull from?  It would she only be in the Venti or Jean pull?

Is there a list somewhere of what's in each pull?

Each banner has a different pool of characters, although certain characters are available on multiple banners like Beidou. On the other hand, someone like Venti is only available in the limited banner. I don't see Beidou on rate up from any of the current banners, so it won't be easy to pull for her because you have something like a 5.1% chance of pulling a 4 star character and a 50% chance that the character is featured on the banner you're pulling from. It's recommended that you pull the beginner banner twice because it costs a total of 16 acquaint fate rather than the standard 20 for 2 10 pulls.

There is a list that also explains the rates on the wish page. Just select details and it'll pull up a browser page showing you the rates and character pool. You can also wait for future banners and maybe Beidou will end up on rate up or even made available for purchase in the shop using Starglitter or Stardust. The Venti banner is also time-limited meaning there won't be any carry over of the pity system. I believe the Jean banner has no time limit so there's no timer on the pity system, but you could end up just getting 4 or 5 star weapons. Overall, trying to pull for Beidou especially if you're F2P is going to be very luck-based.

• Like 1

If you're looking to get a specific character, be prepared for rage and sadness

Better to get what you get and be happy than want and be miserable 

I played FGO for a bit, f2p of course because I'm broke

And you never get who you want

And if you do, it'll be the last time

Though Genshin Impact has a pity system that guarantees, so it's much better, but don't expect to pull 97 times (?correct me if I'm wrong) for that guarantee anytime soon unless you pony up a lot of cash

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, Dav9834 said:

Though Genshin Impact has a pity system that guarantees, so it's much better, but don't expect to pull 97 times (?correct me if I'm wrong) for that guarantee anytime soon unless you pony up a lot of cash

For a guaranteed 5 star it's 90 pulls and for a guaranteed featured 5 star it's 180 pulls.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

For a guaranteed 5 star it's 90 pulls and for a guaranteed featured 5 star it's 180 pulls.

Ok so pretty much double, I wasn't 100% sure based on their wording 

:highfive: thnx for the correction!