NFS Payback coming to PS+ in October

mexicanjr92

The worst NFS in my opinion. The only one I haven't platinumed (yet). I don't know if I will have the patience to get it done. Many annoying challenges you need to do over and over and over and over until you get lucky and traffic does not make it impossible. Plus a lot of grinding to max up your cars. Really far from what made NFS games on PS3 and before so enjoyable...

• Like 1

Glad with this pick. Just recently played Need for Speed 2015 which I really enjoyed. I remember when this came out I thought it looked ok being quite heavily story based but the reviews put me off actually getting it but happy to play it now! 

Done the first few missions and it’s ok. Not my favourite NFS but will need to give it more time.

On 30/09/2020 at 7:26 PM, mexicanjr92 said:

Personally been a fan of NFS games for a long time. I missed out on this one. How is it? How are trophies? Looking for general opinions

playing up through to the end of the main story wasn't fantastic but passable

cleaning up the rest of the trophies towards the end really exposes how poor this game is though

I only need three more activity related trophies but man, they are torturous, and even though I'm really close it's proving to be very frustrating to fight with this game in certain aspects.

speed runs? yeah, let's make a good chunk of them necessary to drive in an oncoming lane with tight corners that if you hit anything once your speed average will be too low

collecting chips? most of them are fine but some are 'do this sequence of jumps but at a very specific speed or you'll completely miss because the hitbox is bloody tiny'.

similarly, collecting billboards was much less tedious but still a small amount where it's like drive off here at a very specific angle and speed or you'll over/undershoot. do you know how counterintuitive it is to go as slow as 60 mph in level 399 cars off jumps to get chips and billboards?

struggled with a handful of specific drift zones for a while, not because drifting presents much difficulty, but because there was always a traffic car on the optimum line.

you will also encounter lots of traffic difficulty in speed runs in addition to drift zones because some absolute genius decided that if you strike a traffic car it should just not move at all afterwards so you need to fast travel to a nearby gas station/parts shop/dealership/garage to despawn it so you have a clear shot. 

whilst i paid 4.99 for this a few months ago and still got my money's worth, trying to platinum this made me strongly dislike it as opposed to the reasonably okay impression I had after completing the short main mission strand.

7 hours ago, HusKy said:

Just curious, is it possible to start working on Online trophies right from the beginning?

yes, autolog recommendation and daily challenges will be one of the first you pop even if you played the game naturally, the other two are just for finishing online events rather than scoring any particular result in them.

• Like 1

I've never played a NFS game in my life and generally very few racers. It seems pretty fun (i guess) so far but i already can feel how it could be monotonous and samey. 

Trophy wise ive gotten a reasonable amount on my first go. Platinum is a maybe. Depends if the difficulty curve picks up. Not had any problems so far but im predicting a few. 

Online is meh cos ya dont need to win. Suits me fine ? The many collectable bits gives me AC: Unity vibes and i didnt get all of them so we'll see. 

I think im gonna use this game as my go to "i can play for 20 min only" game. Hopefully it'll keep it fresher for longer. If ya get me. 

Very mediocre game and after playing through the story I'm not even trying to go for platinum. This is one of the most infuriating games I've played and definitely the most annoying racing game by far. Apart from collectibles being a bad idea in a racing game (or, well, in any game) in my opinion, some of them are up in the air. And I can't look up. It may not be a major inconvenience and maybe it just struck me so hard because the 1st collectible I saw was above me, but you know, it is above me. I wanna look up.... Would be nice, since I can't look down either, when I'm on the ramp above it and would like to see the angle I'm supposed to jump at. And as already been said here, the traffic makes 3-starring activities a purely luck based thing. I rarely ditch games that I'd be able to platinum because of the grind or being annoyed, but with this one, with the exception of billboards and speed cameras which are not a problem, I'm giving up. I'm not even trying. If you try, prepare to be annoyed ☺️ really, really annoyed.