Spiderman PS5 Character Model Downgraded, IMO

Kishnabe

I think it's definitely a visual improvement. I liked the general look of the old model (he reminded me a little of John Krasinski), but his receding hairline made him look a few years older than a typical 23 year old. But the new model definitely looks more high school age, and I can't help but think another part of the reasoning was to make his appearance closer to Tom Holland's. It just doesn't seem believeable that he's been Spider-Man for 8 years. I agree with Phyrixian that he doesn't even look that similar to the voice actor.

• Like 2

i think the new model does not match, in this game, spiderman and peter are developed characters, the new model looks like a kid and without experience, in my opnion the old model is better for looking like the 1994 spiderman animated series that he already had many responsibilities and experience as a spiderman

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

An opinion, by its very definition, cannot be wrong.

Opinions can be wrong. ;) 

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

Who cares. It's not worth getting riled-up about. The reasoning for the change is solid and pretty much confirms a sequel.

Nobody asked for this and nobody cares about it. People are rightfully voicing their disagreement, cause it's stupid and it feels wrong in the established universe of this Spider-man

Edited by MarcusPunisher
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Nobody asked for this and nobody cares about it. People are rightfully voicing their disagreement, cause it's stupid and it feels wrong in the established universe of this Spider-man

You care about it otherwise you wouldn't be throwing a tantrum on the internet about it. It's not stupid at all, the reasoning has been given by the games' creative director and it make sense. And 1 game isn't well established, by the time the sequel's done the new model will be more recognisable and it'll be a non issue (even more so than it is now). Really don't see the point in complaining about it as it's not going to change anything. It's like the puddles shit all over again.

• Like 2