Has this been delisted?

flashpool23

I was looking through the Games Under $15 sale currently going on and only noticed 3 of the 4 games from this series appearing with a discount. I clicked on the series' game pages thinking it would appear in related results and tried searching it but it doesn't appear. The webpage shows no price either anymore. 

Was this game removed recently? I find it odd that the rest of the games still appear and are even on sale at the moment but this one's missing. 

Edited by flashpool23

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This was delisted about a year ago if I remember right so has been gone for a long time :(.

Has it? I remember it being on sale about a month ago but I may be misremembering. 

Edit: Looks like it was on a sale earlier this month actually. https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/2720488/goodbye-deponia

Guess it's on me for not getting it sooner but it's not like I'd predict it :/

Edited by flashpool23

21 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

Has it? I remember it being on sale about a month ago but I may be misremembering. 

Edit: Looks like it was on a sale earlier this month actually. https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/2720488/goodbye-deponia

You can still get them on Amazon the disc version.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

I must have been thinking about another game but it sucks this has been scrubbed without warning :(.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a long shot but maybe they are fearing some backlash from the BLM movement for how they treated black people in the game.,Here is a review of the game from when it was released back in the day that sums up the whole mess: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/11/wot-i-think-goodbye-deponia/

But who knows...

Edited by mizimmer
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just played through this series because I bought a collection back in March of all 4 in 1 for 15$ and I can tell you there is a rather shocking moment of mistreatment of a black woman in the game that is absolutely the reason why it was delisted. It's a shame because it was the conclusion of the actual Deponia story (Doomsday is an alt-universe take and the worst game of the four for trophies by a hundred million miles)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

I just played through this series because I bought a collection back in March of all 4 in 1 for 15$ and I can tell you there is a rather shocking moment of mistreatment of a black woman in the game that is absolutely the reason why it was delisted. It's a shame because it was the conclusion of the actual Deponia story (Doomsday is an alt-universe take and the worst game of the four for trophies by a hundred million miles)

Are you saying that black woman was the reason two deponias that it got delisted?

In AS Store, you can still get all 4 deponia games because it's handle by a different publisher.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

Are you saying that black woman was the reason two deponias that it got delisted?

In AS Store, you can still get all 4 deponia games because it's handle by a different publisher.

I do not know for a fact, but I played all four games recently back to back and I can tell you Goodbye Deponia had a moment in it that made practically jump because it was shockingly racist. The kind of thing I expected to see in early 90's as a bit more 'harmless risque humor' but not a 2013 game. It is reasonable to believe with Sony's stance on BLM that they removed the game from the store prematurely so that it wouldn't come up to haunt them later. That is just speculation on my part.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cravinovv said:

I do not know for a fact, but I played all four games recently back to back and I can tell you Goodbye Deponia had a moment in it that made practically jump because it was shockingly racist. The kind of thing I expected to see in early 90's as a bit more 'harmless risque humor' but not a 2013 game. It is reasonable to believe with Sony's stance on BLM that they removed the game from the store prematurely so that it wouldn't come up to haunt them later. That is just speculation on my part.

I think your point makes the most sense, although not confirmed. The games are on sale again for even lower now too at about $1.29 so it could be that they all might leave soon as well. Either way, I appreciate your input since I had no knowledge about it and just thought of it as random (which could still be the case) but there doesn't seem to be a point in playing the other games if one is missing. I know they're sold in other regions but the price compared to what it's on sale for doesn't seem worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

I think your point makes the most sense, although not confirmed. The games are on sale again for even lower now too at about $1.29 so it could be that they all might leave soon as well. Either way, I appreciate your input since I had no knowledge about it and just thought of it as random (which could still be the case) but there doesn't seem to be a point in playing the other games if one is missing. I know they're sold in other regions but the price compared to what it's on sale for doesn't seem worth it.

It's a shame because they were a fun experience overall. The controversy aside, the third game was a lot of fun. You can be thankful you don't have to tackle platinuming the fourth though as it has the worst trophy I ever encountered in a game and the worst trophy I ever achieved on my list.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yea they confirmed on Twitter that Sony didn't appreciate the humor, for the record its was very poor humor. Like orchestrating and selling a black woman to be the monkey for a monkey grinder just to take a finders fee for selling her is horribly not funny. Also there is the pedophile joke where the kids get approached by a creppy man in a van that tells them he has a petting zoo inside and when the kids tell Rufus "The rules say you shouldn't go into a strangers van" he replies that rules are meant to be broken and hops into the van.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the other 3 on PS4 because of how dirt cheap they are. Never played them. I suppose I could buy this one on Steam. 

I think it's only available now on PS4 via a European physical release. Sounds way too expensive and not worth the hassle. It's also available on Hong Kong PSN.

4 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I just bought the other 3 on PS4 because of how dirt cheap they are. Never played them. I suppose I could buy this one on Steam. 

I think it's only available now on PS4 via a European physical release. Sounds way too expensive and not worth the hassle. It's also available on Hong Kong PSN.

It's only $20 physical, but having played it that probably is more than it's worth. Any charm the series might have had has worn off pretty fully by the third installment, IMO.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 4:36 AM, nobodygrotesque said:

Yea they confirmed on Twitter that Sony didn't appreciate the humor, for the record its was very poor humor. Like orchestrating and selling a black woman to be the monkey for a monkey grinder just to take a finders fee for selling her is horribly not funny. Also there is the pedophile joke where the kids get approached by a creppy man in a van that tells them he has a petting zoo inside and when the kids tell Rufus "The rules say you shouldn't go into a strangers van" he replies that rules are meant to be broken and hops into the van.

Oh wow. OH WOW. Talk about humor not translating well (I think these games are German originally).

2 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Oh wow. OH WOW. Talk about humor not translating well (I think these games are German originally).

Bad jokes and tasteless humor is a kinda universal issue, I really doubt it has anything to do with the fact that the studio is German....

• Like 4