Sackboy a big adventure PS4 - PS5 upgrade.

skoobs80

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, viaene96 said:

I just bought the game but on the case the ps5 upgrade window is not on it. Can someone tell me if all games of Sackboy A big Adventure are upgradable or only if it's on the case?

It is, just insert the PS4 disc in your PS5 and it will prompt you to download the PS5 edition and require the PS4 disc to be inserted for you to play.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:35 PM, viaene96 said:

I just bought the game but on the case the ps5 upgrade window is not on it. Can someone tell me if all games of Sackboy A big Adventure are upgradable or only if it's on the case?

9 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

It is, just insert the PS4 disc in your PS5 and it will prompt you to download the PS5 edition and require the PS4 disc to be inserted for you to play.

I have the same issue with SM Miles Morales

PS4 disc only giver the option to copy to console (PS4 edition which it is) or for me to buy the digital ultimate or PS5 edition for the price

No option to upgrade whatsoever...

48 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

PS4 disc only giver the option to copy to console (PS4 edition which it is) or for me to buy the digital ultimate or PS5 edition for the price

This is off memory so I might be wrong about the exact order. Load the disc and near either download/view product, click the three dots and you should see the option for PS5 FULL. Click that and view product or it should say Upgrade Offer. Idr the exact wording but play around in this area. 

On 2020-11-20 at 0:41 PM, Valkirye22 said:

I got it on PS4 (for the LE) and it asked me which to install, or it showed the upgrade option next to install or something. 

there’s a way to view all versions you have access to I somehow was seeing just the PS4 disc version despite having installed the PS5 and had to switch it back, which I only figured out a few days later. Otherwise I just kept going to the switcher where the game was. I think if you hit the options or w/e it’s called now button on the game it gives the option you need to see the other versions 

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

I got it on PS4 (for the LE) and it asked me which to install, or it showed the upgrade option next to install or something. 

there’s a way to view all versions you have access to I somehow was seeing just the PS4 disc version despite having installed the PS5 and had to switch it back, which I only figured out a few days later. Otherwise I just kept going to the switcher where the game was. I think if you hit the options or w/e it’s called now button on the game it gives the option you need to see the other versions 

I've tried it a bunch of times and it simply never showed any option except of course buying the full price version on the store. Down to watching how-to videos on YT I could not replicate.

Which is funny because I borrowed COD BW from a friend (ps4) just to try another game and that one immediately upon installation showed up the small square on the side with an upgrade to PS5 available for something around $8 (still cheaper than initially buying a PS5 title here :D )

So I summarized it was F'd for Miles Morales but works otherwise so I'll keep buying physical PS4 copies, since I still save $10-15 over straight up buying a PS5 copy

(which is in all its glory $90-100 here)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, Blasphemous_Bish said:

By upgrading from PS4 to PS5, would this mean your PS4 progress will now stay static forever.

For example: 

1. PS4 Sackboy has 21% of trophies.
  2. Upgrade to PS5.
  3. Does this mean I now have two trophy lists? So, PS4 Sackboy 21% & PS5 Sackboy 21%?

Yes. If you want to 100% both you should 100% the PS4 version then transfer your save to auto pop them all on PS5. Sadly you can't bring your PS5 save over to PS4. I wish games were doing this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/01/2021 at 2:28 PM, MakoSOLIDER said:

Yes. If you want to 100% both you should 100% the PS4 version then transfer your save to auto pop them all on PS5. Sadly you can't bring your PS5 save over to PS4. I wish games were doing this. 

Is the autopop a one time thing or can you just keep going back and forth and auto popping every PS4 version trophy you earn onto the PS5 version?

On 01/06/2021 at 0:20 PM, BrettyBoy said:

Is the autopop a one time thing or can you just keep going back and forth and auto popping every PS4 version trophy you earn onto the PS5 version?

You can transfer the save multiple times, so it’s not a one-time thing.

• Like 2

On 03/06/2021 at 11:19 PM, latest-purr1 said:

You can transfer the save multiple times, so it’s not a one-time thing.

Well, fuck, it says I have to buy the PS4 version so looks like you need to buy the PS4 version to have another version for free but thanks, man. 

I have the PS5 version. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1