I See That This Game Is Finally On Sale

MrTacoNinja

...but is it worth 15 dollars? I don't like the fact that the one guide I found has the completion time at 5-6 hours. To me that's way too damn short for a game that costs 15 dollars to buy at the moment and $25 normally. So despite the short completion time are there other aspects about this game that make it worth it or am I better off waiting until God knows when for a cheaper sale (assuming that ever happens at all)? 

I'm torn on what to do. I've been wanting to play this game long before it was even released to purchase. I know 15 bucks isn't much but at the same time and as previously stated an estimated completion time of 5-6 hours is just fucking ridiculous to me, especially at that asking price. To complicate matters further I'm the one-and-done type; once I platinum a game I move on, never to return. Will I get my 15 bucks worth out of it or am I really just better off waiting for the price to go down a bit more?

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I've always been of the mindset that "if in doubt, don't!"

If you're that on the fence about this game and probably won't replay it when you're done, then I would skip it and find something else to play.

As always thanks for being one of the very few I can count on to answer. With that being said, I don't know amigo, it's a tough one. Like I said I've been wanting this game since I first heard about it which was when it was still in development but due to be released in the near future. I love VR and love it even more when the game is done right but what nags the shit out of me here is the estimated timeframe the guide says it takes to complete it. I mean seriously, 5-6 hours? Wow what a crock of shit! Especially at that price point. 

But I've noticed that this seems to be the norm nowadays when it comes to VR games, unfortunately. This game was released... what, back in January, I believe? Somewhere around there, right? I'm just afraid that this is the type of game where it'll be rare as hell to ever see it go on sale and if there's a next time I doubt the sale will be much cheaper. So I've been going back and forth with "Do I just say fuck it, buy it now" or "Wait even longer on a game I've been dying to play for the longest just to hopefully see it on sale again at a cheaper price"? UGH, lol! 

The last time I waited it bit me in my ass and I'm still waiting for the damn DLC to go back on sale - it's been over 2 years now! 

If you've been itching to play it for that long, then i'd say go for it...one thing i've found with guides is that they are fairly aggressive on the time to finish...so if you play the game to enjoy it and not do a walkthrough using a guide, i would think it might add some decent extra time to that 5 - 6 hour completion they stated...

• 1 month later...

I've been playing for a couple hours today and I'm not exactly impressed. The graphics look just like every other game I've ever played in VR (which is come to be expected so no big deal really) but the combat is sooooo lifeless and just boring as all hell. The mechanics are a little wonky but I've noticed that everything is much more responsive standing while playing as opposed to sitting. No idea at all where the hype is coming from but in my opinion this game is unrewarding of it. Simply do NOT pay full price for this. Hell, I payed $15 and I'm feeling a bit ripped off.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

I've been playing for a couple hours today and I'm not exactly impressed. The graphics look just like every other game I've ever played in VR (which is come to be expected so no big deal really) but the combat is sooooo lifeless and just boring as all hell. The mechanics are a little wonky but I've noticed that everything is much more responsive standing while playing as opposed to sitting. No idea at all where the hype is coming from but in my opinion this game is unrewarding of it. Simply do NOT pay full price for this. Hell, I payed $15 and I'm feeling a bit ripped off.

Have you ever been immersed in a video game or enjoyed one for whatever reason?

If you want combat and everything you care is just combat play Swordsman. Great sword fighting mechanics and somewhat realistic. Stabbing people in the head is fun.

I did this game recently & still haven't figured out if I liked it or not. I had serious issues with tracking even after moving the camera around a bunch & it was even worse than 'A Chair in a Room'. I lost count of the amount of times I accidently drew my sword or opened the item box as well. Not long after I played Job Simulator & threw a bunch of stuff around for fun & that tracked everything with perfect accuracy so I know it's not just a case of my setup.

I didn't mind the last boss fight but the first boss fight was a bit tedious & I'm not terribly fond of boss fight designs where you have to destroy something other than the boss to be able to harm the boss. It would have been really nice to have some kind of crosshair or even just a dot for the staff, it never quite aimed where I thought it would & I often had to waste a shot on a weapon with only two shots before having to recharge. The melee combat was definitely lacking the feel of impact upon hits and one out of every three parries didn't track when they should have.

What I did like was the climbing. I loved the climbing & feel it carried the experience for me. Sometimes the tracking would have a sad while climbing and between that & the bobbing I wonder if this game might make people motion sick. One of the days I played a bit longer than the others & got a 'tetris effect' type of feel when I lay down that night. When I closed my eyes it felt like I was hanging from something bobbing up & down. That was a nice bonus for sure. 

I couldn't stomach the dialogue most of the time but the Australian voice acting early on was hilarious. In any case the game was only 20 bucks or so. I think I got my monies worth with the climbing. I had fun collecting the runes as well. Can't hate on this game too much when Kaiji VR exists ;p

• Like 1