Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

Here is PowerPyx's guide that was published this morning. Looks to be harder than the games in N Sane Trilogy because levels are longer and harder. He said it's about an 8/10 or 9/10 difficulty and is completely skill dependent. 50+ hours to Plat. 

https://www.powerpyx.com/crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time-trophy-guide-roadmap/

One question I have is that the guide is stating there is 64 levels, but I thought the game was advertised to have 100+ levels? Maybe they were including the N Verted levels which is basically mirror mode and changes the graphics/colors. Seems like its not 100+ unique levels, but rather the main levels have a modified version to make it different and they are counting it as a separate level. 

I'm excited for the challenge and hope it lasts me until close to the PS5 release. 

Edited by psycho_clank314
  • Like 3

I see this from the guide:

Crash Bandicoot 4 features 43 levels (5 of which are boss levels and 38 are Normal Levels). The 38 Normal Levels each have a Platinum Time Trial Relic (=Speedrun) and N.Sanely Perfect Relic (=Get All 6 Gems without dying). There are also 21 Flashback Levels, which you unlock by collecting the Flashback Tapes in Normal Levels without dying. Additionally, the 43 main levels must all be replayed in N.Verted Mode (this mirrors everything horizontally left/right and changes the graphics colors).

Assuming that final sentence meant to say 38 levels need to be replayed in N. Verted Mode, this works out to

38 (Normal) + 38 (N. Verted) + 21 (Flashback) + 5 (Boss) = 102 Total Levels

A bit of a cop-out with the N. Verted levels, maybe, but still not bad.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

I see this from the guide:

Crash Bandicoot 4 features 43 levels (5 of which are boss levels and 38 are Normal Levels). The 38 Normal Levels each have a Platinum Time Trial Relic (=Speedrun) and N.Sanely Perfect Relic (=Get All 6 Gems without dying). There are also 21 Flashback Levels, which you unlock by collecting the Flashback Tapes in Normal Levels without dying. Additionally, the 43 main levels must all be replayed in N.Verted Mode (this mirrors everything horizontally left/right and changes the graphics colors).

Assuming that final sentence meant to say 38 levels need to be replayed in N. Verted Mode, this works out to

38 (Normal) + 38 (N. Verted) + 21 (Flashback) + 5 (Boss) = 102 Total Levels

A bit of a cop-out with the N. Verted levels, maybe, but still not bad.

WOW a lots of contents 

2 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

The games been out in NZ for a few hours and holy hell is this game fun. Genuinely one of the best platformers in years.

But good lord is it brutal. This is Super Meat Boy level difficult. The platinum for Crash 4 is harder than the entire N'Sane Trilogy combined and I've platinumed the N'Sane Trilogy. 

First of all even just finishing the game casually is pretty challenging.

Then are the platinum relics. You need to obtain the Platinum relic in each level. The timings are extremely strict. You need to be exactly pixel perfect and have the stage memorised inside out. Time trial crates are placed in pretty brutal locations and are pretty commonly right next to a TNT/Nitro crate.

But there's something even worse. The N'Sanity relics.

To get an N'Sanity relic you need to destroy all the crates, collect 80% of all Wumpa fruit in the level and find the hidden gem. You need to do all this in one go without dying. And then you need to repeat this process on EVERY level in the game.

That said the game is extremely fun, so even if you go for these relics you'll still have a  good time.

But even with all that I am determined to get this plat 1f4aa.png

You don't need the hidden gem for N.Sanely Perfect relics. Just all boxes/80% wumpa without dying.

• Like 2

Probably not that difficult tbh. :D 

If this game is 8-9/10, what was CB1, CB2 and CB3 in comparison?

To me CB1 was like 5-6/10, CB2 was like 4/10 and CB3 like 3/10. xD All gold relics without running shoes in CB3!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

@SnowNinjaRaccoon I looked at your profile and after I've seen the SMB plat', now I am worried...
What is the biggest problem? Lack of platforms? Some mindnumbing enemies? Loopholes to just quit and give up? Or are all the levels basically Stormy Ascent except every platform is moving without in spiral direction and being the bird at the end of the level?

Edited by princefan2407
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, princefan2407 said:

@SnowNinjaRaccoon I looked at your profile and after I've seen the SMB plat', now I am worried...
What is the biggest problem? Lack of platforms? Some mindnumbing enemies? Loopholes to just quit and give up?

Some levels require surgical precision while at the same time you can't die or miss a crate. I can't say anything about time trials yet but after playing all the main levels... boy... that won't be easy doing the levels deathless under time pressure.

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

To everyone saying "Not that hard" - play the game and come back to drop your apology for doubting people who have played the game :D

Hitting all the crates while riding Polar or a Dino and not dying can be VERY frustrating, just saying.

You know I'M up for the challenge, but I'll check tomorrow.  Can't wait

7 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

The games been out in NZ for a few hours and holy hell is this game fun. Genuinely one of the best platformers in years.

But good lord is it brutal. This is Super Meat Boy level difficult. The platinum for Crash 4 is harder than the entire N'Sane Trilogy combined and I've platinumed the N'Sane Trilogy. 

First of all even just finishing the game casually is pretty challenging.

Then are the platinum relics. You need to obtain the Platinum relic in each level. The timings are extremely strict. You need to be exactly pixel perfect and have the stage memorised inside out. Time trial crates are placed in pretty brutal locations and are pretty commonly right next to a TNT/Nitro crate.

But there's something even worse. The N'Sanity relics.

To get an N'Sanity relic you need to destroy all the crates, collect 80% of all Wumpa fruit in the level and find the hidden gem. You need to do all this in one go without dying. And then you need to repeat this process on EVERY level in the game.

That said the game is extremely fun, so even if you go for these relics you'll still have a  good time.

But even with all that I am determined to get this plat 1f4aa.png

My god this seems brutal.

3 hours ago, princefan2407 said:

What is the biggest problem? Lack of platforms? Some mindnumbing enemies? Loopholes to just quit and give up? Or are all the levels basically Stormy Ascent except every platform is moving without in spiral direction and being the bird at the end of the level?

I think that it's gonna require A LOT of memorizing and getting through levels faster and faster. I'm glad they did a harder CB title, yet wonder if they took it too far? =) I guess time will tell. I have completed all three original games with 100% and Twinsanity, so I'm up for a good challenge. Just hope those times for trials aren't that brutal, cause hurrying is my least favourite thing when it comes to gaming.