Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

On 10/7/2020 at 11:56 PM, coldhardcrash_ said:

Difference here is that this is entirely skill-based as opposed to the RNG bullshit involved with the Infallible trophy in Fall Guys. 

This^^^^^

The new crash is alot harder than previous crash games but what i do like is there are no game overs like in previous games. Takes a bit of frustration away lol

On 10/7/2020 at 11:51 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

It’s the Fall Guys debate all over again.

The difference is this game is fair and with practice it is very doable. Alot of people wanted a trophy for all platinum relics on the trilogy so activision gave them what they wanted with crash 4

Mediatonic had a fairly easy trophy list for fall guys then gave a two fingers up to all trophy hunters by adding the infalible trophy on a luck based game

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 2

On 9.10.2020 at 0:58 PM, stargate1995 said:

I only have 2 time trials left (neither involve Crash), triple spin is more than enough to get you through all the time trials. Only time I've really used slide spin was Stay Frosty because it seems sliding is slightly faster over ice.

Your words are like milk and honey to my wounded soul.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

Finally managed to finish everything, waiting on unlocking the plat as my 300th milestone but everything is done and ready. A few things to unpack from myself;

Difficulty wise I feel this falls at an 7-8/10, 10/10 is for SMB and Trackmania Turbo etc, 9/10 is Mein Leben and Fall Guys. Personally never felt anything here was ever too difficult and the longest I spent on any one task was a couple hours on perfect/time trials for some of the longer/less forgiving levels (Toxic Tunnels and the likes). I'm fairly sure that anyone that has managed the plat on N Sane Trilogy can get the plat here. Some will just take longer than others. 

Gameplay wise I for the most part really enjoyed the game, worth the price tag imo. Trophy hunting wise having to replay levels (and certain sections in alt versions) did get a bit tedious, especially ones like Bears Repeating/Building Bridges. I didn't particularly enjoy having to play as the characters that aren't Crash in perfect runs/time trials. They all suffer from horrible aiming mechanics and none of them flow as nicely as Crash does. In particular Cortex segments were the worst due to the horrible aiming. 

The game is not without issue, Polar segments are bad and the aforementioned horrible aiming. I also felt like there were various times that I died from unregistered inputs but that could just be me. There are also times when the camera isn't the best. I also had an issue where I went too fast during a time trial on Bears Repeating and when the part where the nitro bridge appears it froze me over the jump and softlocked the game lol.

Platinum time trials times aren't that bad, I mentioned in an earlier post I feel they are between gold and platinum difficulty of the original games. So long as you can get used to Triple Spinning you should be fine to do this. Pay close attention to ghosts and try to add any neat shortcuts they use to your own route. Generally I found it easy to out speed the ghosts though, the hard part was finishing the levels.

Thanks for your input. I did the Trackmania plat about two months ago and I have been working on Crash 4. People were saying it was 10/10 earlier on this thread and I felt it was 8 at best in some of the time trials compared to Trackmania. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Thanks for your input. I did the Trackmania plat about two months ago and I have been working on Crash 4. People were saying it was 10/10 earlier on this thread and I felt it was 8 at best in some of the time trials compared to Trackmania. 

Trackmania was such a fun Game and improving your Times over milliseconds was one of the best Feelings for me personally. Is it just as satisfying in Crash4? I'm still thinking about the purchase too because of the price and i have such a huge Backlog right now 

Edited by Pendaemonium
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pendaemonium said:

Trackmania was such a Fun Game and improving your Times over milliseconds was one of the best Feelings. Is it just as satisfying in Crash4? 

I think Crash 4 is just as if not more satisfying when you complete a level without dying while getting all boxes or pull off a perfect time trial. Its a little easier and less frustrating then restarting a Trackmania race over 100 times per level in some of those red/black tracks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

The game suffers from too many issues to get on platting it. I'll be waiting for a patch or something, but I doubt they will fix half of the issues the game has.

I'm sorry, issues? The platforming is tight and I've already beat all the levels without any problem. What are you running into?

From my perspective, as a base PS4 owner, fluctuating framerate is not so worrying, the input lag is close to zero, controls are very responsive...perhaps too responsive, considering Polar's sensitiveness. However, sometimes game pauses for miliseconds, probably because of UE4 with its frame pacing and texture streaming issues. Pro is fast enough to load all the environment without hiccups while the base one use adaptive resolution more frequently and that causes some occasional booting. UE4 is great, when it comes to produce massive landscapes with maintained detail, but with its loading times and mentioned flaws, it doesn't work well for weaker specs when it comes to fast-paced action. Spyro had these issues, but because it's not skill-demanding, it was fine. Crash, on the other hand, loades map for 20 seconds on every repeat (or maybe I'm doing something wrong and not seeing option to restart level, without booting it all over again). It stopped for enough time to make me fall/hit some obstacle on few occasions. Hitboxes also suffer from it. Game runs smoothly and in nverted mode, it hits 60fps, because of lack of textures!!! But streaming issues and loading times are painful enough to make bigger levels... scary (srsly, getting every box while riding at the end of level is not just hard, I'm shaking).

And that's why doing the plat on base PS4 is extra difficult, because it gives a little bit of rng. With enough time, it is definitely doable, but I will slowly play from time to time, maintaining/improving skill while waiting for PS5 for that extra power. It's a shame it is a victim of last-gen titles' coping with the absolute limits of hardware and there are some cheap spikes, but the amaze made by Crash Landed' scale, for instant, is rewarding, because there is a world after Naughty Dog.

Edited by princefan2407
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

Finally managed to finish everything, waiting on unlocking the plat as my 300th milestone but everything is done and ready. A few things to unpack from myself;

Difficulty wise I feel this falls at an 7-8/10, 10/10 is for SMB and Trackmania Turbo etc, 9/10 is Mein Leben and Fall Guys. Personally never felt anything here was ever too difficult and the longest I spent on any one task was a couple hours on perfect/time trials for some of the longer/less forgiving levels (Toxic Tunnels and the likes). I'm fairly sure that anyone that has managed the plat on N Sane Trilogy can get the plat here. Some will just take longer than others. 

Gameplay wise I for the most part really enjoyed the game, worth the price tag imo. Trophy hunting wise having to replay levels (and certain sections in alt versions) did get a bit tedious, especially ones like Bears Repeating/Building Bridges. I didn't particularly enjoy having to play as the characters that aren't Crash in perfect runs/time trials. They all suffer from horrible aiming mechanics and none of them flow as nicely as Crash does. In particular Cortex segments were the worst due to the horrible aiming. 

The game is not without issue, Polar segments are bad and the aforementioned horrible aiming. I also felt like there were various times that I died from unregistered inputs but that could just be me. There are also times when the camera isn't the best. I also had an issue where I went too fast during a time trial on Bears Repeating and when the part where the nitro bridge appears it froze me over the jump and softlocked the game lol.

Platinum time trials times aren't that bad, I mentioned in an earlier post I feel they are between gold and platinum difficulty of the original games. So long as you can get used to Triple Spinning you should be fine to do this. Pay close attention to ghosts and try to add any neat shortcuts they use to your own route. Generally I found it easy to out speed the ghosts though, the hard part was finishing the levels.

Seems like people are exaggerating as usual, I Might get the game but the lazy repeat levels are a big turn off to be honest, don't like doing a level in a million way.

On 7‏/10‏/2020 at 0:40 AM, CrimsonMercury said:

There's nothing wrong with a game having a ridiculously hard platinum. The developers have every right to make it as easy or as difficult as they want, because it's their game at the end of the day. 

Nowadays most of the big games are so easy anyway, so you really can't complain. Platinums are achievements and should test a player's mastery of the game. People are getting too used to platinums being handed to them with little to no effort put in.

It's nice to see a tough game, because they don't come around often anymore. You'll see people earning the platinum in this game very soon...because instead of questioning everyone and complaining about how hard it is, they put in the work and get things done.

Ey sure they have every right to, just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ bullshit.
As a consumer we have every right to criticize as well.
The right difficulty is hard to pin down, rarely any hard game can justify it's challenges and all you get is bullshit like no damage huge restrictions RNG and removed abilities etc.
This game's bullshit from what I read is the length of the levels coupled with repeat levels inverted can create tedium and frustration.
The longer the level the better the chance that you might mess up which the devs are banking on and it's not a good game design.

Difficulty if not fun and rewarding isn't a good difficulty.
Hard is very good if done right when it's not bullshit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark-Hax- said:

Ey sure they have every right to, just like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ bullshit.
As a consumer we have every right to criticize as well.
The right difficulty is hard to pin down, rarely any hard game can justify it's challenges and all you get is bullshit like no damage huge restrictions RNG and removed abilities etc.
This game's bullshit from what I read is the length of the levels coupled with repeat levels inverted can create tedium and frustration.
The longer the level the better the chance that you might mess up which the devs are banking on and it's not a good game design.

Difficulty if not fun and rewarding isn't a good difficulty.
Hard is very good if done right when it's not bullshit. 

luckily, the difficulty in this game is very fun so it's a win win

17 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

-snip-

Congrats! I will tell you this, that you can overcome SMB as well. If you can plat Crash 4 I have no doubt in my mind you can also get the plat for SMB In fact, the difference is not monumental; only the last world in SMB will give you a run for your money. Now might be the time to continue :3.

So far I'd have to rate this at least an 8. It's very rewarding in the sense that your efforts really pay off, no questions asked. Crash Landing had me desperate as I simply died a lot and didn't think I would get all the crates without dying. Same for Toxic Tunnels. There is light at the end of the tunnel! All you have to do, is not put the controller down. It's a great platinum, and a perfect example of why trophy hunting is still beautiful.

Just beat the game after 180 deaths on Cortex Castle! lol xDxDxD  
The final platforming part was hell but after about 120-130 deaths I did it....then I did the side level and beat the section with only 20 deaths so it was an improvement lol. 

Anyone else find the bosses a joke compared to the levels? I think I died on the final Cortex boss maybe 15 times but many of the levels require such precise timing that you rack up the deaths no problemo.

Now to do it all over again on N. Verted mode and then I'll go back to the normal versions to get all the boxes! 70% of trophies in a week isn't too bad! 

Edited by thedarkness91

Not very far into the Game because of Work but i can say i Love the Game exactly because its challenging to plat.

Great level Design, Great controls put a lot of Passion into this.

I remember trials Fusion taking me like 2 months to 100% and THAT shit was hard. Never thought i would be able to in the beginning.

Well i Hope they will Never Listen to people crying about difficulty and ease something with Patches.

Nothing is unfair here.

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

Yeah, until you find out that the next 30% are at least triple as hard and will take triple the amount of time than the first 70% :D 

Very true but I knew that.

I've started chipping away at the hidden gems, all boxes gems, doing some inverted levels and collecting tapes. I'm finding the tape levels pretty easy so far. They're good when you want a break from enemies. ;)

What I've also noticed is the first time I played through the levels I died usually 10-20x but now I can beat some with less than 3 deaths without really trying! I wonder if the same rings true for later levels...suddenly I've got a new perspective on the game and have a bit more confidence in going for platinum. :)

Typical. Anytime a major game comes out and it shows any sign of difficulty people are always quick to label it a “10/10” right off the bat. Then just a few days later a bunch of plat achievers start popping up and they all end up saying otherwise. I don’t know, I’m usually more inclined to trust the opinion of someone who took the time to get good instead of those that used that time to complain on the forums.

• Like 1

Hit my first wall in Draggin' On.  I'm beating the Ghost the entire level and then in the last couple sections he just blows by me, don't know how as the jumps are all far and require the special mask jump which you can't really speed up.  Consistently about 10 seconds off the pace in the end.

After reading the first few pages of this thread, I gotta say: if you're a "90's kid" and you say Crash is KNOWN for being difficult, even comparing to Dark Souls (lol), you must have bump your head really hard and lost part of your memory or a Cry out Loud Baby -_-

Crash 1 only had two specific SHORT levels that were challenging (you know I'm talking about Road to Nowhere). If the game was meant to be difficult, Stormy Ascent would make the final cut.

Sony was looking for a friendly game with Willy the Wombat and, considering all 3D Platformers released back then, ND managed to deliver an easy to learn game, but it still suffered for clunky controls (which was normal back then, it was a debut on 3D platformers for Sony). Remember Croc, released after Crash 2? It suffered from clunky controls as well and no kid or adult wanted to calculate every single jump they do in a friendly platformer (otherwise, they were playing Tomb Raider). So Naughty Dog changed some things on Crash 2 and 3 and both game were more enjoyable to play. 

I was able to complete the Trilogy without any issue when I was a kid, multiple times - because I didn't have a Memory Card. I couldn't complete the fifth level of Tomb Raider even with cheat codes because I didn't have the precision required when I was young.

I haven't played Crash 4, cause I lost my hype when I saw their blank Flashback Tapes with their blank visuals (all those metal crates together marking the path) and How-Hard-They-Try to make it difficult with Cheap difficulty (precision to jump with bouncy crates is already complicated, why randomly place Insta Kill boxes in it?). If levels overall were short like the first games, even if they split it in more levels, personally I wouldn't mind a challenge spike here and there. But I'm still waiting for a huge sale on this, cause I still don't believe this game has the same quality as the first Trilogy to be called "Crash Bandicoot 4", ignoring all other events (specifically the almost-amazing Crash Twinsanity). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I haven't played Crash 4, cause I lost my hype when I saw their blank Flashback Tapes with their blank visuals (all those metal crates together marking the path) and How-Hard-They-Try to make it difficult with Cheap difficulty (precision to jump with bouncy crates is already complicated, why randomly place Insta Kill boxes in it?).

The Flashback Tapes are a throwback to the side scrolling bonus and death route stages from the original trilogy, hence why they also used music from those games. They're also very creative and are generally pretty fair with difficultly, if you're dying on them it's because you messed up, there's not really anything about them that requires luck.

That said if seeing those levels is what destroyed your hype then yeah you're better off not worrying about this game, because it expects you to do some very precise stuff in finding hidden boxes and getting through the later levels.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

In other words there arnt any issues. Your just not very good

If you were just a bit informed, you'd know the gameplay has quite the issues. Controls are imprecise, hitboxes are just the same, and I won't even mention the camera.

I don't understand how 24 years later they managed to do something even worse than the originals. The Trilogy was neat in that regard, but Crash 4 is a regression.

Edited by bosstristan