Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

4 hours ago, AusLeviathan said:

The Flashback Tapes are a throwback to the side scrolling bonus and death route stages from the original trilogy, hence why they also used music from those games. They're also very creative and are generally pretty fair with difficultly, if you're dying on them it's because you messed up, there's not really anything about them that requires luck.

That said if seeing those levels is what destroyed your hype then yeah you're better off not worrying about this game, because it expects you to do some very precise stuff in finding hidden boxes and getting through the later levels.

I didn't have the opportunity to play either the game or the demo, although since I didn't have any troubles with any Crash or Rayman levels, I think I might manage this one.

As a big fan of the franchise, I honestly was expecting something more from the game... Specially when I read over 100 levels of play, I was expecting nothing less than 100 levels. It's a PS4 game, they could take more time and do more levels. Instead, they made a lazy job with Beenox remixing the same main levels when they could use their help to make more interesting levels.

Think about it, Warped used the time traveling to create more levels. They could go back and forward in time to create multiple levels. Imagine different locations like Bullrings in Spain, Roman eras (like Asterix)... Now they used Dimensions, EVEN MORE possibilities. Alternative futures (like a Cyberpunk, an Apocaliptic world), Alternative pasts like if Cortex became Cesar, N. Gin was Lovecraft, Tiny was Hercules... I don't know, I imagined so many possibilities they could remix... But it ended up like a Warped with the same places, the same type of enemies (I'm talking in general), even the same prehistoric place with a dinosaur chasing you...

And when I saw you could play with different characters, like Cortex... I always thought he could be something like Ratchet And Clank with his jetpack/rocket :D or not so complex, more like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger or even Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Not a 2.5D level where he can transform enemies into platforms and the Level design (opinion based on the snow level I saw) was blank again, with jump crates and Nitros in the air... 

6 hours ago, bosstristan said:

If you were just a bit informed, you'd know the gameplay has quite the issues. Controls are imprecise, hitboxes are just the same, and I won't even mention the camera.

I don't understand how 24 years later they managed to do something even worse than the originals. The Trilogy was neat in that regard, but Crash 4 is a regression.

Listen, usually I let people have their own opinion, but what you are saying is simply not true. The controls are tight as shit and the camera is literally the same as it's always been. They even give you a little dot on the ground to show you exactly where you are gonna land. This game improves greatly on the original trilogy, especially since it does not include those bullshit racing and airplane levels. 

Not sure if you are playing on a TV with bad input lag or anything, but there is literally nothing for them to patch, it runs great.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Listen, usually I let people have their own opinion, but what you are saying is simply not true. The controls are tight as shit and the camera is literally the same as it's always been. They even give you a little dot on the ground to show you exactly where you are gonna land. This game improves greatly on the original trilogy, especially since it does not include those bullshit racing and airplane levels. 

Not sure if you are playing on a TV with bad input lag or anything, but there is literally nothing for them to patch, it runs great.

Absolutely not. Controls are horrendous, especially the "double" jump which is in fact a 1.5 jump. It's clear they added the "enhanced" shadow to try to make up for the some of the gameplay issues such as controls and camera. But it only does little help.

Hitboxes can be close to non existent sometimes, some enemies have a tee tiny hitbox compared to what you see on the screen. Same goes for boxes. Man, those levels where you need to ride a bear/dino/critter thingy are hell. Boxes there don't get smashed most of the time, you can see that when there is a stack of 4 crates. These issues were not in the original 3 games or any other CB from what I remember.

Those are just some issues I wanted to point out, but there are more of them.

6 hours ago, KristophDJHero said:

Earned my Platinum trophy tonight ? nothing gave me TOO much trouble, but Toxic Tunnels is definitely a gauntlet. (Spent longer than I should have on the Platinum Relic for Shipping Error...)

Some thoughts to share; game is certainly difficult but pretty fair (in most cases - sometimes I'd encounter odd glitches e.g. Crash's momentum from sliding on goo just stuck with me and I would randomly go flying into enemies, or an enemy that hadn't rendered yet just killing me LMAO and I'm playing on a Pro so that's even weirder). I had a lot of fun learning the levels and going for the hidden gems / perfect runs and I think I managed about 6 or 7 Purple Developer Relics along the way. But yes, this game can be incredibly tough for a lot of people to finish let alone Platinum and I had my own share of frustrations in some of the level design choices. After finishing it up I think difficulty-wise for Platinum it's closer to a 7 if you're experienced and 8 or 9 if you're not.

Good luck if you're going for the Platinum!! Definitely a challenge!!

Congratulations! :) 
Do you have any advice or tips? Would love to hear your thoughts if you have any tips/tricks to help with time trials or levels in general.  

I wrote in earlier but I wanted to come back to give some personal thoughts. For reference, I've platinumed the other 4 crash games, demons/dark/blood/sekiro, and I put Hollow Knight at my number 1 most difficult because of that damn Pantheon of Hollownest.

I beat about half the game and did 10 time trials. Fun, difficult, but doable. This was all without triple spin. I decided to plow through the rest of the game just to get triple spin because I noticed a lot of stages required it over the slide spin. 

As far as beating the levels, I honestly didn't find the back half bad, except for the final level in the food world. I dunno what happened but I really got stuck at the end.

As far as time trials go, I decided I would shoot for Cortex Castle first.  And well... I just did it! It took a solid 90 minutes, but I did it, and it was worth it. I really think people are overreacting about the difficulty.  It's definitely hard, but if me, a dude in his 30s whos reaction time is only diminishing, can do it, you can too.

What helped me with Cortex, and some others, is watching both platinum and purple time trials on YouTube, and then splicing together the best route. You don't need to use all the difficult shortcuts from the purple relic, but if you use just 1 or 2, it will make the platinum much easier. 

I can't speak to the N. SANELY PERFECT relics yet because I figured the time trials would be my nightmare.  

Best of luck to everyone, YOU'VE GOT THIS!

Well done! I agree with you - watching successful people on YouTube and copying them can work wonders - I did this for relics for the CB remastered trilogy. I don't think the time trials will be that hard because you can ignore a lot of the level but completing the level with no deaths and getting all the boxes will be pretty mental!

Question: Do you have to get N. Sanely Perfect relics for BOTH normal and N. Verted modes or just one of the modes?

7 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Well done! I agree with you - watching successful people on YouTube and copying them can work wonders - I did this for relics for the CB remastered trilogy. I don't think the time trials will be that hard because you can ignore a lot of the level but completing the level with no deaths and getting all the boxes will be pretty mental!

Question: Do you have to get N. Sanely Perfect relics for BOTH normal and N. Verted modes or just one of the modes?

Only the main ones as it requires 38 relics.

Just now, RolePlayingPuji said:

Yeah, going for the N sanely perfect relic on that stage is gonna be a pain for me. It's probably the only problem I've found so far with the game (The bear controls feeling awful)

me too mate me too a hell on earth for this damn crates

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Would you guys say the bear level is the hardest N Sanely Perfect relic to acquire or are there other ones that give more grief?

The other Ice Stages are on close to equal grounds as the bear stage for me so far, The Ice platforming takes getting used to. Plus one of them has a special stage that gives me ptsd flashbacks to Road To Nowhere from Crash 1

Edited by RolePlayingPuji

23 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

Would you guys say the bear level is the hardest N Sanely Perfect relic to acquire or are there other ones that give more grief?

Bears Repeating/Building Bridges isn't the hardest, the levels aren't super long or hard up to the bear segments. With a bit of practice (like maybe 30 minutes doing just the bear segment) it would have taken me less than 5 attempts to get the perfect relic. Same went for Crash Landed, the actual level ended up being easier than I thought and ride segments had easier placements than Polar segments, though there's a lot more of them and one particular spot (the 4/5 boxes in a line) that caused trouble. 

"Hardest" levels for me just ended up being the longer ones, the length meant that even if the level wasn't actually that hard (which I honestly don't think any one level was with some practice) that if you made a single mistake you were set back ~10 minutes. The longest I spent on a level would have been Toxic Tunnels purely due to one obstacle and the levels overall length.

5 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

Congratulations! :) 
Do you have any advice or tips? Would love to hear your thoughts if you have any tips/tricks to help with time trials or levels in general.  

Thanks!! Um, as far as the time trials go I mostly just relied on triple spin for pretty much every stage as it was enough to get me to most Platinum Relics without too many attempts. I had to use one or two time trial ghosts to learn where to save some big time (particularly in Shipping Error) so that's also a good idea if you are finding yourself far from a specific time.

As for individual levels, there are a few ways you can get around some of the trickier levels (e.g. The Crate Escape on N. Verted has that slow underwater filter so it makes the ending much easier for N. Sanely Perfect, or boosting backwards towards the camera in the jetboard sections to slowly creep down and smash the missable boxes). Other than that it was just running a level through and then once I had a good run with all boxes I'd do it again while it was still fresh in my mind.

Hardest levels for me were (understandably) Toxic Tunnels and Bears Repeating (I actually had a harder time with it than Building Bridges).

2 hours ago, psycho_clank314 said:

So much whining lol

Going to be enjoying my nice new perfect run relic trophy soon and then back to the time trials. Enjoy complaining while others make progress towards the Plat. 

The only whining I can see is yours. I'm also making progress, but the game has issues that need fixing, and despite 3 updates weighing around 30 GB (lol) I didn't see any difference.

Edited by bosstristan