Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

I agree with the others that mentioned this. The hitboxes on the polar section are an absolute joke. I've spent hours on Building Bridges. One box short several times.. Can't wait to be finished with this shit stain of a level. I'm excited to move onto the prehistoric world.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Kids are not the target audience for Crash lol. This game targets nostalgic adults who grew up playing the notoriously difficult (for the time) games when they first came out, who should by now have developed the skills to play through the majority of this game or at least have the focus and determination to keep playing after the frustration sets in. Just because a game isn't gory does not automatically make it a kids game. 

Also Ratalaika single handedly destroyed any value platinum trophies ever had and wrecked trophy hunting for everyone. What is the point of having a lot of piss easy crap platinums everyone can get in ten minutes of playing? 

That being said, there does not need to be two extremes in terms of difficulty, which is what, imo, makes AAA games so good. They are easy enough that the mass audience that they appeal too can get their platinums, while being long or just difficult enough that casual players won't necessarily achieve them and then the next game comes out that takes their attention away. This is not a AAA targeting mass audiences, and they certainly don't think of children as their main consumer. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's the advantage of capitalism; you can make your own decisions.  

Incrediblely well spoken post.

No matter what genaration of gaming your in(when trophies/achievements were broght in)

We have always had easy games, long games, hard games, or just middle of the road games.

But never untill now have we had such a unessury amont of grab ass easy platinum trophies.

Were you can plat them in under 8hrs tops, 3 diffent times!

Thats just pain stupid.

Yes we had dumb easy games in the past but not on this level.

Its these games that really will be the death of trophy huntering one day.

They already have killed any competiness the leaderborads had.

So thank god we have actully real diffcult platinums like crash 4, SFV, Wolf 2, Evil Within, DMC5, etc. 

To keep trophy huntering actuly relative, cus man if we lose tiltes like these will be living in a pay to platinum future.

And I dread what that hell hold looks like. ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xVolloxx said:

Can you get N Sane perfect relics doing N Verted? As some of the levels seem easier. 

I'm 90% sure you can. I've done a few so far and the N.Sanely Perfect relic icon popped on.

I'm guessing that you need to collect 38 relics out of 76 levels, but you can't have two relics from the same level.

Edited by Bykovsky7

19 minutes ago, xVolloxx said:

Can you get N Sane perfect relics doing N Verted? As some of the levels seem easier. 

Yes.

10 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I'm 90% sure you can. I've done a few so far and the N.Sanely Perfect relic icon popped on.

I'm guessing that you need to collect 38 relics out of 76 levels, but you can't have two relics from the same level.

You can get a relic for a level in inverted or normal version but it's still the same relic and you can't get two for the same level. There are exactly 38 levels, not 76. 76 includes the inverted versions.

32 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Yes.

You can get a relic for a level in inverted or normal version but it's still the same relic and you can't get two for the same level. There are exactly 38 levels, not 76. 76 includes the inverted versions.

Basically, you repeated what I said. 

1 minute ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

After getting the plat some days ago I'd say my final verdict on the difficulty is 8-9 the first time. Easier the more you play obviously.

A few things which I think should get patched though:

• Deaths before reaching the first checkpoint crate shouldn't count for faster restarts
  • They should REALLY change some of the insta-kill stuff, most of the time aku masks are fucking useless cause stuff kills you with them anyway (lava, ceiling and floor lasers in castle, gears in nitro processing)
  • Loading times when restarting a level.... yeah...

Other than abovre mentioned I think the game was amazing and everybody should be actually able to get the plat if you switch the time you whine on this forum for practice time.

I've seen this criticism a lot but I don't agree with it, personally. If you die enough times you can get up to 2 Aku Aku masks - this would be highly exploitable in modern mode. Just die a bunch at the start of each level, since it doesn't count against you, and have 2 masks for the rest of the level. And sure, you could say "oh, just don't give masks at the start then", but that wouldn't really be fair on the much less skilled players who need that extra damage barrier at the beginning.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

Got the plat today, can confirm every time trial is doable without triple spin. I even have videos up on my Youtube channel of every level done without it. I only got 2 purple relics (Run It Bayou, Cortex Castle), but plat is absolutely doable.

It seemed to be incredible for me that you're saying you've done all platinum relicts without a triple spin! It can be deducted from your words that you do not need any speed up to obtain a platinum time. I couldn't believe that. 

I've checked your videos and I see you're using a slide-spin trick, which is basically the same (or almost the same, maybe a bit faster, maybe a bit slower) than the triple spin... 

Anyway, I'm going to stay with the triple spin as it's more "natural" for my hands - I can't keep doing the slide-spin trick due to my right hand is becoming cramped. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

After getting the plat some days ago I'd say my final verdict on the difficulty is 8-9 the first time. Easier the more you play obviously.

A few things which I think should get patched though:

• Deaths before reaching the first checkpoint crate shouldn't count for faster restarts
  • They should REALLY change some of the insta-kill stuff, most of the time aku masks are fucking useless cause stuff kills you with them anyway (lava, ceiling and floor lasers in castle, gears in nitro processing)
  • Loading times when restarting a level.... yeah...

Other than abovre mentioned I think the game was amazing and everybody should be actually able to get the plat if you switch the time you whine on this forum for practice time.

I mean is it 8-9 for the Crash Bandicoot player with experience or 8-9 for someone without any experience whatsoever? I can imagine for someone who has zero experience in platformers or Crash games this will be a real hard task. 

13 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

Did you narrowly beat the platinum relic times? It'd be interesting to hear the difference between triple spin and not using it. I'd like to attempt the times without using the triple spin as well but I'm leaving the relics for later (just focusing on getting all the gems first in all the levels to also help familiarise myself with everything).

Nope they're all pretty much a good 3-7 seconds out. Most of the time I'd make a mistake attempting to cut a corner or jump too early, having to take a second chance. The closest I've been to losing out on plat time was about 1.5 seconds and that was starting out. 

30 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I've seen this criticism a lot but I don't agree with it, personally. If you die enough times you can get up to 2 Aku Aku masks - this would be highly exploitable in modern mode. Just die a bunch at the start of each level, since it doesn't count against you, and have 2 masks for the rest of the level. And sure, you could say "oh, just don't give masks at the start then", but that wouldn't really be fair on the much less skilled players who need that extra damage barrier at the beginning.

Yeah, didn' think of that, you are right. People would exploit the shit out of it . There is something wrong with the loading times though. Restarting Time Trials takes not time at all but restarting a level manually takes ages...

21 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

I mean is it 8-9 for the Crash Bandicoot player with experience or 8-9 for someone without any experience whatsoever? I can imagine for someone who has zero experience in platformers or Crash games this will be a real hard task. 

Even with crash experience it's hard, but as I said some time before: the first playthrough is making the game look waaay more scary than it actually is. The shit ton of death in first playthrough come from not knowing what will come at you at given time.

And someone who hasn't played a single crash game and still comes here and cries about it being too hard should seriously find a new hobby. Of course the game will kick your ass if you never played crash before - first crash game is basically like your first Dark Souls experience -  you will... die ... a lot...

Only because it's colorful and cartoony it doesn't mean the game is by default a game with difficulty made for little kids, for that one you need to buy the games with the purple dragon instead.

• Like 4

Dumb question: If you hit the exclamation at the end of a level that uses 2 characters, like Rush Hour, will it destroy all the Nitro boxes in the section with the first character? I'm watching a speed run now, and it seems like there's quite a lot of time wasted getting clock boxes next to Nitro that would be safer and faster to skip, then simply hit the exclamation at the end to bank them all at once. 

On 10/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, Spaz said:

Six people tracked on this website with the platinum trophy. Perfectly doable after all. Wish they didn't charge $59.99 for it.

Apparently, you ain't alone. It's early, but I read on gamefaqs that this game just isn't selling that well.

Maybe the price is wrong (I haven't played it yet), but I feel like some people are turning away because they think this genre just isn't worth full price, and that's too bad.

Mind you - I'm not buying it, either, but I don't any game for $60, be it the latest and greatest, an indie offering, or somewhere in-between.

4 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

I pass the 2 damn polar bear levels finally... Damn hitbox is so broken...of course is hard for n'sane. Now next world 

Those two levels gave me more trouble than any other level of the game when I was doing the n'sane runs. The alien you ride in crash landed seemed to have a better hitbox. Cortex castle I got in two tries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, illuminati1556 said:

Dumb question: If you hit the exclamation at the end of a level that uses 2 characters, like Rush Hour, will it destroy all the Nitro boxes in the section with the first character? I'm watching a speed run now, and it seems like there's quite a lot of time wasted getting clock boxes next to Nitro that would be safer and faster to skip, then simply hit the exclamation at the end to bank them all at once. 

Yeah, the ! block at the end detonates them all. Personally I picked up boxes next to nitro crates just because I could, but it would definitely have been faster to leave them and hit the box at the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Yeah, the ! block at the end detonates them all. Personally I picked up boxes next to nitro crates just because I could, but it would definitely have been faster to leave them and hit the box at the end.

That's great news! If that's the case I think i'll skip all the ones next to the Nitro crates as Dingodile in Rush Hour just so I can play it safe and take some shortcuts, then get the time back in the end. Hopefully that makes it a bit safer and easier to complete. The level is long enough as it is, so I'm looking for any way to cut down on attempts hah. 

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

Just to complete that info, it does detonate them all except the ones in bonus stages, which have their own ! crate.

4 hours ago, illuminati1556 said:

That's great news! If that's the case I think i'll skip all the ones next to the Nitro crates as Dingodile in Rush Hour just so I can play it safe and take some shortcuts, then get the time back in the end. Hopefully that makes it a bit safer and easier to complete. The level is long enough as it is, so I'm looking for any way to cut down on attempts hah. 

Thing is between the ! crate and the end of the level, you most of the time have very little distance, so detonating, let's say, 5 crates of 2 seconds would make you actually gain 2 seconds.

Edited by bosstristan

17 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

It seemed to be incredible for me that you're saying you've done all platinum relicts without a triple spin! It can be deducted from your words that you do not need any speed up to obtain a platinum time. I couldn't believe that. 

I've checked your videos and I see you're using a slide-spin trick, which is basically the same (or almost the same, maybe a bit faster, maybe a bit slower) than the triple spin... 

Anyway, I'm going to stay with the triple spin as it's more "natural" for my hands - I can't keep doing the slide-spin trick due to my right hand is becoming cramped. 

I agree with this! I watched the clips too and triple spin is clearly used. 

• Like 1

I have a question related to the trophy below:

Backwards & Forwards
Complete ALL levels in N. Verted mode

Does it require to complete boss fights in N.Verted mode as well?

I know that one boss fight is needed to obtain another trophy (and a skin for beating N.Gin in N.Verted), but this is not what I'm asking about. 

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Backwards & Forwards

I know that one boss fight is needed to obtain another trophy (and a skin for beating N.Gin in N.Verted), but this is not what I'm asking about. 

I think so, yes.

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Backwards & Forwards

Yes. The trophy icon has the number 43, indicating the 38 levels + 5 boss fights.