Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

Dont mind me as this is just a rant i wanted to get out there but I dont get it with developers these days And this is just my opinion but a mascot game, A game that represents a specific brand or console (Mario bros, spyro the Dragon, crash bandicoot, sonic the hedgehog, etc) should be relatively easy and straightforward with a progressive challenge.  Where the games start off easy and gets harder along the way. Games like Mario and Crash Bandicoot will generally see a ranging demographic of users from new and young to the older and more distinguished gamers who wanna re-live those moments of playing these characters when they were younger.  These kind of games should have a fairly common completion rating as these titles are whats going to drive sales to Specific consoles, as it was a thing of past generations, sega vs super nintendo, sonic vs mario, etc.  i dont know whats the reasoning with developers to make these kid friendly titles so difficult these days. Lets take what everyone loved and ramp up the difficulty by a million, thats bad formula and will keep people from wanting to play it, thats probably why Mario is the true champion of all the mascots.  Anyone can dive into the game and master it with little to no effort, its pure enjoyment, not a testament of How great your hand and eye coordination is.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Crash 1 was never known as easy "kid friendly" mascot game . And i think game devs go way more often the easy way than the challenging way nowadays . So in my opinion its very welcome to see hard platformer again. True to his crash 1 roots .  Platinum difficulty is crazy , but thats not what you talked about i think.

Let me simplify

Does a game as crash bandicoot deserve a diffiluty rating as a souls-like game 8/10?

Just from your average consumer stand point these kind of Games should run more of a 4 or 5/10 In terms of difficulty

when mom and dad buy timmay his new ps4 or ps5 for Christmas and get them their flagship title of crash bandicoot, timmay wants to play through the game and beat it, not be brutally punished from playing the first level, soon theyll see timmay not playing their brand new game anymore cuz the game is kicking his ass, literally

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 3

Just now, Property_Damage said:

Let me simplify

Does a game as crash bandicoot deserve a diffiluty rating as a souls-like game 8/10?

Just from your average consumer stand point these kind of Games should run more of a 4 or 5/10 In terms of difficulty

Hm i still disagree ,  even if you simplify it . Seeing how popular Souls-like games got i think that is what many people want . Games that take a while to beat without handing out the win like candies . And with additional optional challenges (like time trials) .  I understand what you mean , but i dont think a game has to be easy to reach average consumer . Specially if the first game in the series was a game people remember as very hard and some never beaten it back than .... and they still loved it.

Like everything i post here , its my opinion , so its fine if you see it different.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Hm i still disagree ,  even if you simplify it . Seeing how popular Souls-like games got i think that is what many people want . Games that take a while to beat without handing out the win like candies . And with additional optional challenges (like time trials) .  I understand what you mean , but i dont think a game has to be easy to reach average consumer . Specially if the first game in the series was a game people remember as very hard and some never beaten it back than .... and they still loved it.

Like everything i post here , its my opinion , so its fine if you see it different.

And thats fine, To each his/her own
thats even why i stated “dont mind me” just posting my personal opinion 

i just dont feel like games like this or ones similar warrant such a high difficulty rating

Sure, it doesnt need to be piss easy but it shouldnt be Ultra Rare status either, somewhere in the middle

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mathology12 said:

Crash is KNOWN for its difficulty though. So it makes sense for the difficulty to be in the 6-10 range. It ain’t a crash game if it isn’t hard.

I'll give you that the first game got hard (later on), but crash 2 and 3 were not that difficult all things considered. I beat them without issue when I was younger.

Crash 4 is on a different level, it's much harder than Crash 1 and I do hope they can make the game more accessible. I'm much better at video games now, then when I was younger, and dying over 100 times because of all the mask fumbling on the last level is a bit much.

I also have to say with two Platinum relics under my belt, the requirements are way too tight. This isn't an 8/10, it's definitely a 10/10 unless someone finds an exploit.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

Well I just finished the main story and tried out the new triple spin, for anyone wondering how it works you do a normal spin, followed by a slightly faster spin, followed again by an even faster spin. You can't just spam the spin button however and has to be done in a rhythm of spin pause spin pause spin, the pauses can last a little longer then you expect but generally your not going to want to pause anyway. 

After a short 30 minutes of testing and trying I got the platinum relic on the first level beating the time by about a second or two. Dev time is 39 secs (seriously wtf) and platinum time was ~53 seconds. First thing you will notice is that the triple spin sorta sucks. It's a whole lot of micro managing when your trying to run through the stage avoiding hazards and breaking crates optimally, it takes way more effort to utilise it well then sprinting in old games. It is also required, unless slide spinning is faster but i haven't practiced with that. At least in the first level extra tnt crates are placed in pretty annoying spots for when your trying to utilise the triple spin which sort of just annoys me, they obviously went out of their way to just make it harder and as usual you pretty much need to maintain masks for triple mask (I'm not sure if it increases speed but there's at least 2 points in the level where they straight up just place nitro on the path that will slow you down if you don't have triple mask).

huge tip I will give everyone playing through the game right now is to put your spin onto the L1 button. Placing it on the L1 button allows you to continue triple spinning while jumping and doing more complex maneuvers and was what gave me the edge on the platinum time. You're going to want to get used to this asap and the longer you're used to :square: the longer you are going to fight muscle memory.

As to N. Sanely Perfect relics I got 9/38 just running through the game, would have gotten ~3-5 more if not for some of the stupidly hidden crates in every single level. Most of the levels shouldn't be too bad with some practice, however any level that requires a grind rail or ride section are going to suck. 3 levels stood out to me, "Crash Landed" on the 8th world which has the blue gem path (which is not easy), 2 ride sections and I may be wrong but it also has grind sections. The level is also generally hard. And both "Toxic Tunnels" and "Cortex Castle" (which also probably means "Seeing Double" but I haven't tried that level yet). Toxic Tunnels is just a generally hard level, it has all 4 secret gem paths and is long with fairly hard platforming. Cortex Castle is the classical, "have you mastered all the abilities" level, I personally think once you have all the tricks nailed in this level that it shouldn't be too hard but there is a point in the middle of the level where I just skipped a crate because the only way I could see to get it is straight up ridiculous.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

As to N. Sanely Perfect relics I got 9/38 just running through the game, would have gotten ~3-5 more if not for some of the stupidly hidden crates in every single level. Most of the levels shouldn't be too bad with some practice, however any level that requires a grind rail or ride section are going to suck. 3 levels stood out to me, "Crash Landed" on the 8th world which has the blue gem path (which is not easy), 2 ride sections and I may be wrong but it also has grind sections. The level is also generally hard.

That's easily going to be the hardest N. Sanely Perfect relic. The ride sections where you're jumping/dropping down onto moving platforms of different heights which have both boxes and enemies that can kill you is insane. It's going to be a pain to memorize.

I've only got the last two flashback levels left to go and they are absolutely ridiculous in terms of difficulty. The flashback levels don't seem to difficult at first until you get to the last two Crash levels where the difficulty suddenly hits Super Meat Boy levels and that standard of difficulty continues for the ten Coco levels.

Edited by AusLeviathan

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

This mentality is pretty much why trophy hunting has gone down the drain, everyone wants everything handed to them with no effort whatsoever. There's no rule that states mainstream games have to fall into the 4-5 difficulty range and your average consumer will buy the game regardless as they most likely don't even care about trophies. 

Yeah because my mentality is that of ratalaika games! Spot on

lets make every game wolfenstein 2 difficult to proove me wrong

Ive posted in the past that this generation is too easy to complete games in so im not even going to go there That this is why trophy hunting went down hill

you know what destroyed trophy hunting?

capitalism..MONEY

someone figured out that they could sell you trophy games and they could make a living out of it, and guess what, it worked! Those guys are simple geniuses and were all mad at them for it

im entitled to my opinion on anything i have interest in, just like the next person.  These games were made for a target audience, and thats the younger generation, Cute cartoony characters, quirky jokes, bright fun colors, non violent violence As in no blood and gore..im not wrong in thinking the requirements should fit its audience like wtf lmao

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Let me simplify

when mom and dad buy timmay his new ps4 or ps5 for Christmas and get them their flagship title of crash bandicoot, timmay wants to play through the game and beat it, not be brutally punished from playing the first level, soon theyll see timmay not playing their brand new game anymore cuz the game is kicking his ass, literally

Crash 4 has probably the same difficulty as 1 2 and 3 if you don't go for the hard relics, you dont have to go for the platinum trophy. Crash 4 trophy list added platinum relics and new relics and I like that because I think Crash 1, 2 and 3 gold relics weren't hard and it adds more challenge to people who already played N Sane Trilogy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kasper2005M said:

Crash 4 has probably the same difficulty as 1 2 and 3 if you don't go for the hard relics, you dont have to go for the platinum trophy. Crash 4 trophy list added platinum relics and new relics and I like that because I think Crash 1, 2 and 3 gold relics weren't hard and it adds more challenge to people who already played N Sane Trilogy.

The Platinum Relics in the N Sane Trilogy are quite difficult to get. In Crash 4, Platinum Relics are a requirement.

That's where most people here are basing the difficulty from. If you had to get the Platinum Relics in the first three games, the difficulty rating easily would of been a 8 - 9 out of 10.

• Like 1

Its a kids game people, period

(and im not knocking that) Just suggesting the trophies, you know what, i dont care ffs lol

crash was developed to compete against segas sonic and nintendos mario, other platforms childrens games

facts

jesus christ you guys are inflating this beyond checking my notifications at this point Lmao

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

The sheer amount of innuendo in the game would suggest otherwise. It's sort of like Shrek, designed for kids to enjoy but also made to appeal to an older demographic.

15 minutes ago, princefan2407 said:

Some YouTubers got 106% and from what I see, the 6% is added by Perfect Relics, not by Platinum. So, the worst enemy is... our need to plat. You want a plat? Go get the plat :D

You need the perfect and platinum relics to get the platinum trophy anyway though.

Edited by AusLeviathan

30 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

(and im not knocking that) Just suggesting the trophies, you know what, i dont care ffs lol

crash was developed to compete against segas sonic and nintendos mario, other platforms childrens games

facts

That was back in the 1990s. Video games were more niche. And there's enough in Crash 4 to suggest it's not entirely a kids game, so your argument is flawed.

• Like 1