Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

I've spent the weekend going through around half the game and I've got all N Same relics so far. 

The reason I enjoy it so much is the challenge, I love platformers and the trophies are a testament of skill and its reflected. 

I also understand that you want to enjoy a game and not being able to obtain all trophies can stop that. Although trophies are optional and if you don't have the skill to do them that's up to you. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Powerpyx is indeed a he. I already met him personally. There are just several guys who create the text and videoguides for HIS youtube channel and website.

He is telling the truth ^^ PowerPyx is a he but we are a group of 9 at the moment with a 10th being in hiatus right now.

I can also confirm westerburg is a he, since I already met him personally, or did I? :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

He is telling the truth ^^ PowerPyx is a he but we are a group of 9 at the moment with a 10th being in hiatus right now.

I can also confirm westerburg is a he, since I already met him personally, or did I? :D

correct. Gamescom 2018 meeting with robert as well.

• Like 2

Here is my humble opinion.

I've gotten all of the N.Sane Relics and all 12 Gems for the first 20 levels or so. It's honestly not bad at all.  There's a few quirks and the grinds require practice, but it's totally fair and pretty easy imo. At no point did I feel like the game was being cheap. If I lost, it was my fault I immediately knew why. I know some of you are complaining about the last few levels, which I haven't gotten to yet, and I haven't attempted the time trials, but I'm sure they're difficult.

I don't know if it's fair to call the whole experience a 10/10 difficulty if it's because of a few levels, especially later ones. Where as, I feel like when I played CTR (having never played before) I thought that whole game was 10/10 to platinum. I did it, and it took a ton of practice, but it was so damn satisfying to do. I have a feeling this will be more manageable until the end, and that's where the practice will come in. But everything so far on my way there has been relatively easy for me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, illuminati1556 said:

I've gotten all of the N.Sane Relics and all 12 Gems for the first 20 levels or so. It's honestly not bad at all.  There's a few quirks and the grinds require practice, but it's totally fair and pretty easy imo. At no point did I feel like the game was being cheap. If I lost, it was my fault I immediately knew why. I know some of you are complaining about the last few levels, which I haven't gotten to yet, and I haven't attempted the time trials, but I'm sure they're difficult.

I don't know if it's fair to call the whole experience a 10/10 difficulty if it's because of a few levels, especially later ones. Where as, I feel like when I played CTR (having never played before) I thought that whole game was 10/10 to platinum. I did it, and it took a ton of practice, but it was so damn satisfying to do. I have a feeling this will be more manageable until the end, and that's where the practice will come in. But everything so far on my way there has been relatively easy for me. 

I agree with you. I did CTR and those time trials were brutal, but with practice they were doable. I think it is going to be the same case for Crash 4, but there are more ways to cut down time in this game than in CTR. I also was able to get the plat in Trackmania which is my personal 10/10. I don't think this game is going to touch that in terms of difficulty. It will be up there though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, illuminati1556 said:

The later levels reveal the true difficulty of the game honestly.

• Like 4

On 10/1/2020 at 5:19 PM, Azaan60 said:

The games been out in NZ for a few hours and holy hell is this game fun. Genuinely one of the best platformers in years.

But good lord is it brutal. This is Super Meat Boy level difficult. The platinum for Crash 4 is harder than the entire N'Sane Trilogy combined and I've platinumed the N'Sane Trilogy. 

First of all even just finishing the game casually is pretty challenging.

Then are the platinum relics. You need to obtain the Platinum relic in each level. The timings are extremely strict. You need to be exactly pixel perfect and have the stage memorised inside out. Time trial crates are placed in pretty brutal locations and are pretty commonly right next to a TNT/Nitro crate.

But there's something even worse. The N'Sanity relics.

To get an N'Sanity relic you need to destroy all the crates, and collect 80% of all Wumpa fruit in the level. You need to do all this in one go without dying. And then you need to repeat this process on EVERY level in the game.

That said the game is extremely fun, so even if you go for these relics you'll still have a  good time.

But even with all that I am determined to get this plat 1f4aa.png

You don't have to do the N. Sanely Perfect relics in N. Versed mode. Getting it on Normal mode is enough. I tested it on the first few levels after unlocking the N. Versed mode, and got nothing.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

You know what would be very fun?

If they added DLC trophies  for a time trial, but not just any time trial, one for every boxes collected in a given time, for every levels.

?

No thanks. The game is already a challenge.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

To everyone saying "Not that hard" - play the game and come back to drop your apology for doubting people who have played the game :D

Hitting all the crates while riding Polar or a Dino and not dying can be VERY frustrating, just saying.

Don't get me started on that. The first time I played one of those levels, I died plenty of times. The main reason why getting the gems (as well the N. Sanely Perfect relic) is because there are several parts with crates stacked on 2x2, and getting all of them is an absolute pain. Not to mention, if you miss any of the crates in that part, you have to restart the level. At least for the relic.

Edited by MrGarland

27 minutes ago, Xionx said:

You mean its a slap in your face?  Because im a Crash fan and i dont feel slapped . And i already saw many others that dont feel slapped. You say its your opinion and right after you speak for all crash fans? And if time is your problem , why not take your time? You dont have to get all trophies in same Week . Split it up , focus on one stage , switch to other game and next weekend do another stage .  Make it a long term project.

If I comment on the public forum, it's obvious that is my personal opinion...

I'm comparing the difficulty of Crash 1-3 + CTR (even including the Stormy Ascent level which "in my opinion" is not as difficult as is being described in the Internet, I obtained 100% trophies in Crash 1) to that one in Crash 4.

Have you done the Cortex Castle level yet? If not, try to do it in a one go, then come back and we can continue to discuss. If you already have, I'm looking forwarad to seeing your opinion regarding the difficulty of the Platinum.

Edited by Bykovsky7

6 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The guy who got the plat apparently works for Toys for Bob, so pull your panties back up again lol

To be honest I'm surprised nobody else has it yet. I don't consider myself the best Crash player and I'm now at 19/38 Time Trials + Perfect Relics. Crash has a decent sized community of very skilled players that I would have expected to speed through to the platinum by now. Though potentially they aren't particularly interested in trophies and going for dev times/speedrun practice and the like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stargate1995 said:

To be honest I'm surprised nobody else has it yet. I don't consider myself the best Crash player and I'm now at 19/38 Time Trials + Perfect Relics. Crash has a decent sized community of very skilled players that I would have expected to speed through to the platinum by now. Though potentially they aren't particularly interested in trophies and going for dev times/speedrun practice and the like.

Numbers don't count. Having half of them is meaningless since only the hard ones count to be honest. I have 6 Perfects Left, 2 of them being very easy, but stuff like Toxis Tunnels is just crazy. I luckily have finished Castle, Crash Landed and both Polar stages already.

• Like 1

Just now, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

What I've been reading here makes my head hurt, seriously.

"Game sucks cause I am too bad to get the plat"

"I actually have to put effort into a game, that is a disgrace to me as a crash fan"

This is probably the best Crash game ever released, it plays like Crash, it feels like Crash, it is not bad cause you people are used to getting plats for free in the recent years.

LMAO.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

What I've been reading here makes my head hurt, seriously.

"Game sucks cause I am too bad to get the plat"

"I actually have to put effort into a game, that is a disgrace to me as a crash fan"

This is probably the best Crash game ever released, it plays like Crash, it feels like Crash, it is not bad cause you people are used to getting plats for free in the recent years.

Sorry mate but you're a bit wrong. You're going to extremes in your opinion. And extremes are bad, everything must be balanced.

The point you make, easy platinums and easy games - I hate them as well. No game deserves 5 minutes platinum worth $1 and I do not play those games.

Sony's platinums also are a bit easy. But I can understand they want to gather more people playing their games.

Rockstar's? Yeah, challanging ones, something in between. RDR2 was a tough one I must admit.

Crash 1, CTR? Perfect ones - you need to learn how the game works, you need to put a lot of effort, your spare time and nerves. 

But here, Toys for Bob made this platinum ridiculously hard, and it seems they intented to ashame players.

I've got 4 platinum trophies in the Crash series and now I can't even obtain a single platinum time trial relic... I'm always 15s-ish late. Am I missing skills, as a gamer with 20 years experience (started playing aged 9)? With 4 Platinum Trophies in the Crash series? Maybe they are missing a common sense, aren't they?

They wanted to show people how smart they are. I think that the N.Sane Trilogy was a test ground for them, just to check how far players can go. People complained a lot about Crash 1 and CTR, but still those platinums were "doable", so then they took the next step, platinum relics in every so long level. 

In my opinion it's not fair. It's not balanced at all.

• Like 4