Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

Practice makes perfect man, this is the first new Crash game in over a decade. As time goes on people will find their rhythm and knock out the relics left and right. It’s been out for not even five days be patient with the game and yourself. I know I’m not beating my brains out with the “must get the plat as soon a possible”. I’ll never see the appeal in the gotta be first mentality. I know you didn’t bring it up but figured I’d say it just in case.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

Just now, grimydawg___ said:

@SnowNinjaRaccoon should I just try to get gems for each stage, the 80% wumpa fruits, all crates etc, THEN worry about going through stages without dying?

Definitely! Make sure you know where all the crates are first, you don't want to end up missing a crate on a deathless run.

I always start with memorizing the crates, then I do a practire run to see which checkpoint give me trouble and I practice them until I get confident with them. Final step is combining everything into one, with ocacional re-practice when I'm not confident with a checkpoint (especially happened for riding stages).

@SnowNinjaRaccoon ah ok.  So you need to do EVERYTHING without dying.  It would also be too stressful to try everything the first time.  There's a gem where you die no more than three times.  I just try to focus on that for now.  @Bykovsky7 plat a game like NBA 2K19.  Then holla at me.  You just gotta practice.  You didn't need to get the platinum relics in the other games, and they're literally prettier versions of 20+ year old games.  Folks have the knowledge from PS1.  Crash 4 is totally new and the game have been out for a week yet.  It's going to take time.

Edited by grimydawg___

1 hour ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Sorry mate but you're a bit wrong.

*Snip*

To be honest anyone that has gotten plat relics in the original trilogy should have no trouble here. I only ever got golds (and maybe 5-6 platinums by chance) in the original trilogy and I'm really not having much trouble on time trials after getting used to everything. The game is certainly hard but I mentioned in an earlier post I feel the standard for time trial relics is lower than the trilogy. Just gotta get used to using triple spin and making sure you can pass through timed obstacles at just the right moment so you don't have to wait. 

At this point I'm getting plat relic on my first completed run of levels and if not plat it's because I've made obvious mistakes learning the crate layout that are easy to correct. I would highly recommend going through perfect runs on the level before you start time trial, it really helps with learning the level so that you know what to expect and the safest/fastest way to clear obstacles.

11 minutes ago, stargate1995 said:

To be honest anyone that has gotten plat relics in the original trilogy should have no trouble here. I only ever got golds (and maybe 5-6 platinums by chance) in the original trilogy and I'm really not having much trouble on time trials after getting used to everything. The game is certainly hard but I mentioned in an earlier post I feel the standard for time trial relics is lower than the trilogy. Just gotta get used to using triple spin and making sure you can pass through timed obstacles at just the right moment so you don't have to wait. 

At this point I'm getting plat relic on my first completed run of levels and if not plat it's because I've made obvious mistakes learning the crate layout that are easy to correct. I would highly recommend going through perfect runs on the level before you start time trial, it really helps with learning the level so that you know what to expect and the safest/fastest way to clear obstacles.

I suck and I got platinum relics in every stage in the first Crash games lol

1 hour ago, stargate1995 said:

I just started my time trial runs, took me a couple hours to get the first two.  What % of time crates would you say you are destroying for your plats on the harder levels?  In the first two levels there were some time crates annoyingly placed near or on top of nitro/TNT, and I just found it easier to ignore them and keep triple spinning and not risk losing a mask charge.  Are you able to do this on the harder levels? Or do you need to plan a route that gets all time crates?

Edited by Stommped

12 minutes ago, Stommped said:

I just started my time trial runs, took me a couple hours to get the first two.  What % of time crates would you say you are destroying for your plats on the harder levels?  In the first two levels there were some time crates annoyingly placed near or on top of nitro/TNT, and I just found it easier to ignore them and keep triple spinning and not risk losing a mask charge.  Are you able to do this on the harder levels? Or do you need to plan a route that gets all time crates?

For the first level I'm pretty sure I hit 100% of the time crates, you get triple mask at one point that helps hit some of the annoying ones. In general you're going to want to get used to carefully spinning crates next to tnt/nitro because it comes up every now and then, if you can though I slow down and just jump on it (not always an option). Don't forget that blowing up time crates will still give you the time deduction, and I've never actually tried this but I'm pretty sure if you still have time reductions when you cross the finish line it's taken away from your final time. So if you see any near Nitro you could pass them and hit the Nitro switch at the end, can't confirm that will work though. 

Generally I have aimed to hit every time crate, if I miss one right near the start then I will restart. If I miss one later on then I just keep going. I have still managed platinum (with a few seconds to spare) on a few levels when I have missed up to about 5-10 seconds in time crates. Only level I lost from missing them was Stay Frosty where I missed a chain of like 7 on a grind rail.

I would say generally with a good run you can afford to lose about 3 seconds worth of crates per level. You will notice watching the ghosts that they go for 100% of the crates, and if they mess up (early body slam etc) they fumble around until they get the crate. I'm pretty sure TFB set a requirement internally that they have to hit 100% time crates to register the ghost.

EDIT: Also if it helps I found the first few levels to feel a bit harder just because you're still learning the ropes. So don't let it get you down if it feels to hard.

Edited by stargate1995

5 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The guy who got the plat apparently works for Toys for Bob, so pull your panties back up again lol

At least that means they playtested their game, unlike some companies?

tbh, just waiting for Caddicarus to make a video about this game, since he did the plat relics for every other Crash game. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

I bet those 100% platinum profile completionists are sweat'n in their boots from this game.

On the contrary, I didn't play the Crash saga because I never fell in love with it back in the PS1 era, always found the gameplay and characters quite annoying (while I've always liked platforms since Super Mario Bros) but this chapter is picking my attention and giving me some masochistic vibes lol

Maybe when I'll run out of games I'm actually interested in and feel the urge to get frustraded to no end, I'll try to plat the whole saga culminating into this one.

The guy that platted it got the plat in two days, with the whole world struggling with the game, it makes you wonder.

24 minutes ago, HusKy said:

He works for Toys for Bob.

Yeah I've read it in one of the previous posts, I get that this plat is quite long AND difficult, maybe, having worked on the game, he knows some still unknown shortcuts/cheese mechanics in the gameplay that make the plat more manageable, otherwise it would make it look quite suspicious, seeing how long veteran Crash players are taking to plat it, assuming they'll ever plat it.

11 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Maybe this is a Platinum for those people sitting all the time at home and with plenty of time to play, I don't know, perhaps kids or YouTubers who are being paid for sitting and gaming.

Platinum Trophies must be hard but balanced, this one is definitely not.

This is really bad indeed.

Bullcrap. 

I worked full time and went part time at college when I did Super Meat Boy. Took me over two years but it was an accomplishment nonetheless.

Go play your easy AAA games if Crash 4 is too hard for you.

You guys would by crying and throwing a fit if you were forced to get the platinum in Super Street Fighter IV.

• Like 1

I've started doing and it is different, it's Crash with its beautiful environments and satisfying platforming, but not at the same time, because it's less focused on cycles and more on strategy because of the long haul. You have to adapt and try slow, metodic approaches. That's why times for platinum relics are less strict than in trilogy, because there is no obvious way to sprint it (dev times are different beasts, but it's almost certain these are not required).

Try to think about it like about shmup. It will devastate you but the practice is oh do rewarding. How Stormy Ascent is achievable? By practice, not by rushing. This is a really long game, as long, as the whole trilogy combined, so even month won't be enough except for really experienced people.

I'm not even sure if I will get it. But I will have a huge amount of fun, because level design is impressive, humour is there, it's really satisfying to get every chest, platforming is precise, if you use it well... It's AT LEAST 8/10. My OCD will suffer, but I have enough plats and percents to work with CB4 longer. Oh, and NPR's are reasonable, got some after few tries, because when you know where boxes are, it's all timing and patience. Cortex Castle, from what I see, iscary, but don't be afraid to die. Like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow, live, die, repeat. The schemes are visible, and it's not SMBoy fast, really, that comparison is riddiculous. The precision is not absurdal, space to land is higher, acumulating akuakus works....

But you'll whine anyway. Just work it out, the game is worth it.

1 hour ago, princefan2407 said:

Oh, and NPR's are reasonable, got some after few tries, because when you know where boxes are, it's all timing and patience. Cortex Castle, from what I see, iscary, but don't be afraid to die. Like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow, live, die, repeat. The schemes are visible, and it's not SMBoy fast, really, that comparison is riddiculous. The precision is not absurdal, space to land is higher, acumulating akuakus works....

You're in the early part of the game where things are far more forgiving, the rail and vehicle sections are far easier there. I suspect you'll change your opinion on the Perfect relics being reasonable and not requiring precision some time around the middle of the game, my bet would be on the two Polar levels.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 1

It still looks like a trophy for destroying armed forces with having a knife in a hand.
Snaxx Dimension levels are unbelievable hard to do in a one go. Cortex Castle's last stage with using all masks at once without dying is a fucking joke from TFB.

They remade the Spyro Trilogy and designed pitifully easy platinums, especially in Spyro 3 with no trophy to obtain 100% of the game.

Here and now, we have Crash 4 from them, with so ridicousuly hard platinum to obtain.

They better get more experience how to balance their games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FearlessElle said:

I remember the old days where a platinum was supposed to offer you a challenge now everyone want it handed to them with minimal efforts.

When wolfenstein came it everyone said it was impossible now look a lot of people did it and me aswell....you want something you gotta work for it.

Same with Fall guys just bunch of whiners starting threads complaining about the infallible trophy...some have done it again same cycle and repeat.

Now crash 4 another drama is going to start it’s hard and long etc...like for real this is humor!!

I will grab my popcorn now 1f601.png

Weird flex but ok

• Like 1