Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

I remember the old days where a platinum was supposed to offer you a challenge now everyone want it handed to them with minimal efforts.

When wolfenstein came it everyone said it was impossible now look a lot of people did it and me aswell....you want something you gotta work for it.

Same with Fall guys just bunch of whiners starting threads complaining about the infallible trophy...some have done it again same cycle and repeat.

Now crash 4 another drama is going to start it’s hard and long etc...like for real this is humor!!

I will grab my popcorn now 1f601.png

you said it! and the funny thing is that some of em brag about their fat stack of easy plats and cry about games that require some skill, pathetic.

Edited by DanteLDK
  • Like 2

Finally got the perfect relic on Toxic Tunnels after a few hours. I'll be honest this level is not hard, at all. What it is though is bullshit. The final section of the yellow gem path the rope swing and then the bouncing metal crate is the only challenging part of this level, and the bouncing crate is the only thing so far that I have dealt with that has felt like just straight up luck. Of all my attempts only 3 passed the metal crate, the first two died to really stupid deaths because of nerves from not wanting to return to the crate from hell and the third was the clear. It's really disappointing to see fast bouncing crates in something that's not a bonus/flashback, the swing while hard and annoying I can accept because you can manage to get past that without losing your mask if you do it right (not that I managed too). I doubt the time trial will take nearly as long to clear given that the non gem path part is pretty easy but I could be wrong.

With this anyway I'm almost done with the crash exclusive levels minus Bears Repeating and Crash Landed, hoping they patch the hitbox on Polar/Alien before I try those. 

Just now, FearlessElle said:

And where is the flex? I don’t get your point..

I notice the trend where people involve other more challenging games into the conversation. For you it's Wolfenstein II, for some other guy it was Super Meat Boy. Some people just enjoy mentioning they did difficult stuff for no reason whatsoever. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

It still looks like a trophy for destroying armed forces with having a knife in a hand.
Snaxx Dimension levels are unbelievable hard to do in a one go. Cortex Castle's last stage with using all masks at once without dying is a fucking joke from TFB.

They remade the Spyro Trilogy and designed pitifully easy platinums, especially in Spyro 3 with no trophy to obtain 100% of the game.

Here and now, we have Crash 4 from them, with so ridicousuly hard platinum to obtain.

They better get more experience how to balance their games.

Yeah sure. So you're blaming them for having too hard of a game.

Improve your skills, or just admit to defeat and move on to other games.

28 minutes ago, FearlessElle said:

I remember the old days where a platinum was supposed to offer you a challenge now everyone want it handed to them with minimal efforts.

When wolfenstein came it everyone said it was impossible now look a lot of people did it and me aswell....you want something you gotta work for it.

Same with Fall guys just bunch of whiners starting threads complaining about the infallible trophy...some have done it again same cycle and repeat.

Now crash 4 another drama is going to start it’s hard and long etc...like for real this is humor!!

I will grab my popcorn now ?

Trust me the same will happen to Crash 4. Guides and speed run videos on YouTube will be out so we can rest easy knowing that less talented players will be able to earn the platinum in the game should they put in the practice.

8 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

I notice the trend where people involve other more challenging games into the conversation. For you it's Wolfenstein II, for some other guy it was Super Meat Boy. Some people just enjoy mentioning they did difficult stuff for no reason whatsoever. 

Where did I mention difficult stuff? I gave an exemple because every hard game that cames out people create threads and so on....It’s my opinion that’s all.

Edited by FearlessElle

Just now, FearlessElle said:

Where did I mention difficult stuff? I gave an exemple because every hard game that cames out people create threads and so on....It’s my opinion that’s all.

Yes and it would appear that in every difficult game that comes out, other people come along flexing their own achievements for no reason. That's what I am saying. Not that it really matters though. It was implied by the way. 

• Like 4

I keep returning to this thread to see replies. I honestly don't understand why everyone feels the need to complain.

The game is difficult and it's intended to be, The reason as to why Toys For Bob felt the need to include the trophies doesn't matter. The Fact remains that trophies are optional challenges and you can either practice to achieve them or not. 

Platinums don't have to be balanced, Why do they? It's everyone's own choice whether to get them or not. 

7 minutes ago, xVolloxx said:

I keep returning to this thread to see replies. I honestly don't understand why everyone feels the need to complain.

The game is difficult and it's intended to be, The reason as to why Toys For Bob felt the need to include the trophies doesn't matter. The Fact remains that trophies are optional challenges and you can either practice to achieve them or not. 

Platinums don't have to be balanced, Why do they? It's everyone's own choice whether to get them or not. 

Because people think this game should be more accessible like the Spyro the Dragon trilogy is.

15 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

Yes and it would appear that in every difficult game that comes out, other people come along flexing their own achievements for no reason. That's what I am saying. Not that it really matters though. It was implied by the way. 

Yes you right there I understand. 

Edited by FearlessElle

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Because people think this game should be more accessible like the Spyro the Dragon trilogy is.

Again, going from one extreme to another...

Did I mention anywhere that games should be easy like Spyro is??? No I didn't.

Instead of admit that they went a bit too far with the platinum difficulty, for some people it's better to say "Go PlAy SpYro InStEaD!!!11".

Anyway, here is a confirmation that the first platinum achiever in Crash Bandicoot 4 is a QA tester at Toys for Bob.

https://twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20 twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20

1 hour ago, stargate1995 said:

With this anyway I'm almost done with the crash exclusive levels minus Bears Repeating and Crash Landed, hoping they patch the hitbox on Polar/Alien before I try those.

I guess you mean the hitbox because of the 4 crate staches?

I can give you a tip that I found out helped myself a lot. When approaching the 4 crates stay in the middle and DON'T press left or right, just slam straight into them without steering. I had a feeling pressing left or right moves Polars hitbox a bit and that makes you miss the crates.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Sorry mate but you're a bit wrong. You're going to extremes in your opinion. And extremes are bad, everything must be balanced.

The point you make, easy platinums and easy games - I hate them as well. No game deserves 5 minutes platinum worth $1 and I do not play those games.

Sony's platinums also are a bit easy. But I can understand they want to gather more people playing their games.

Rockstar's? Yeah, challanging ones, something in between. RDR2 was a tough one I must admit.

Crash 1, CTR? Perfect ones - you need to learn how the game works, you need to put a lot of effort, your spare time and nerves. 

But here, Toys for Bob made this platinum ridiculously hard, and it seems they intented to ashame players.

I've got 4 platinum trophies in the Crash series and now I can't even obtain a single platinum time trial relic... I'm always 15s-ish late. Am I missing skills, as a gamer with 20 years experience (started playing aged 9)? With 4 Platinum Trophies in the Crash series? Maybe they are missing a common sense, aren't they?

They wanted to show people how smart they are. I think that the N.Sane Trilogy was a test ground for them, just to check how far players can go. People complained a lot about Crash 1 and CTR, but still those platinums were "doable", so then they took the next step, platinum relics in every so long level. 

In my opinion it's not fair. It's not balanced at all.

Suggesting developers made the trophies challenging to "shame players" or to "show people how smart they are" (wtf does it even mean) is a childish borderline idiotic statement, sorry. Also, you think gaming for 20 years makes you somehow automatically skilled at playing games? That is simply not true.

32 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

Again, going from one extreme to another...

Did I mention anywhere that games should be easy like Spyro is??? No I didn't.

Instead of admit that they went a bit too far with the platinum difficulty, for some people it's better to say "Go PlAy SpYro InStEaD!!!11".

Anyway, here is a confirmation that the first platinum achiever in Crash Bandicoot 4 is a QA tester at Toys for Bob.

https://twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20 twitter.com/bladeblur/status/1312579141191966721?s=20

Who are you to say what is easy, doable, hard, or "a bit too far"? It is relative. Everybody has a different skillset. And judging by your behavior, it seems you simply lack the skillset to finish this Platinum. I'm sure this Plat will be doable for many people in the upcoming weeks.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheBubaknight said:

What I didn't get is purple relics are needed or not? 

I don't think you need Purple Developer Relics for the Platinum Trophy.

I'm really enjoying the challenge of the game personally. There are a few BS sections (those 4 crates in Crash Landed while riding Polar) but for the most part I'm managing everything just fine. Only one Flashback Tape left (the second-to-last one was a monster!).

Definitely feeling like I can Platinum this game in due course; I had a no-death run of Cortex Castle earlier but forgot to break 2 of the boxes near the beginning LMAOOO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

You see something, that is not there. The comment did not feel like flex to me. Not at all.

1 hour ago, KristophDJHero said:

I don't think you need Purple Developer Relics for the Platinum Trophy.

I'm really enjoying the challenge of the game personally. There are a few BS sections (those 4 crates in Crash Landed while riding Polar) but for the most part I'm managing everything just fine. Only one Flashback Tape left (the second-to-last one was a monster!).

Definitely feeling like I can Platinum this game in due course; I had a no-death run of Cortex Castle earlier but forgot to break 2 of the boxes near the beginning LMAOOO

So, you just have to get good?  Wow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

Suggesting developers made the trophies challenging to "shame players" or to "show people how smart they are" (wtf does it even mean) is a childish borderline idiotic statement, sorry. Also, you think gaming for 20 years makes you somehow automatically skilled at playing games? That is simply not true.

Who are you to say what is easy, doable, hard, or "a bit too far"? It is relative. Everybody has a different skillset. And judging by your behavior, it seems you simply lack the skillset to finish this Platinum. I'm sure this Plat will be doable for many people in the upcoming weeks.

If you are gaming for more than 20 years and have played many similar games in this genre obviously helps and should make you generally more skilled in that genre, compared to someone who is brand new to gaming or hasn't played a platformer in his life. 

• Like 3

Seems like people way overreacted again. Someone already has the Plat and it only took them under three days to obtain. It will only become easier as new methods, optimizations, and guides come out for the levels that make them much easier. I imagine it will probably settle at around 2-3% rarity or higher, assuming it's not given away on PS+. 

Edited by machaesthetic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, machaesthetic said:

Seems like people way overreacted again. Someone already has the Plat and it only took them under three days to obtain. It will only become easier as new methods, optimizations, and guides come out for the levels that make them much easier. I imagine it will probably settle at around 2-3% rarity or higher, assuming it's not given away on PS+. 

It was a QA tester for Toys for Bob, but yes, I agree with you. The hardest thing in the game is the platinum time trial relics, and as time goes on people will find more optimal routes and shortcuts to make it easier. I expected this to be more difficult than N Sane Trilogy and I am glad i have a challenging game to work towards the plat while we wait for the PS5. 

On 10/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, ZoutjeNL said:

If you are gaming for more than 20 years and have played many similar games in this genre obviously helps and should make you generally more skilled in that genre, compared to someone who is brand new to gaming or hasn't played a platformer in his life. 

Yes, more skilled in comparison to people playing occasionally or not at all. For example, I've been playing FPS games for like ten years in the past, but it didn't make me crushing the leaderboards in online matches. Some people just think they are skilled because of playing a lot. In reality, they are just slightly above average players same as everybody else who's regularly gaming.

This game is obviously something you need to practice a lot to be good at it instead of complaining online about how "imbalanced" it is. I guess some people just expect to master the game after a few tries. It is not out for even one week yet.

Edited by BloodyRutz

3 hours ago, Stardroid said:

Well some people are superhumans and some are not, what you gonna do?

—\(u_u) /—

Superhumans can brag, regulars can cry and moan, that's all there is to it.