Let's Plat Vampyr for Halloween

2 hours ago, JavaNext said:

@Dr_Mayus

Ready for the Platinum.

Only have "Unlife is Strange" left. 

Surprised so few people joined when there are quite a few playing it.

Hey Congrats ?

Not everyone likes to hold off a platinum but if we get even a few people plat raining it it will still be fun. I will add you to the OP

• Like 1

Hmmm... I am quite interested to join but I have few questions:

-How "scary" the game is? I am not a huge fan of horror games to the point that I got scared/spooked while playing Until Dawn even after I watched lots of runs beforehand.

-Currently too lazy to analyze the trophy guide, but how missable are the missable trophies? I mean, do I need to follow a step by step guide to avoid missing stuffs?

45 minutes ago, JaM said:

Hmmm... I am quite interested to join but I have few questions:

-How "scary" the game is? I am not a huge fan of horror games to the point that I got scared/spooked while playing Until Dawn even after I watched lots of runs beforehand.

-Currently too lazy to analyze the trophy guide, but how missable are the missable trophies? I mean, do I need to follow a step by step guide to avoid missing stuffs?

The game isn't actually scary at all, it's just the whole vampire in night time vibe.

The missables aren't too bad, just don't embrace (kill) any citizens,you can kill and bite normal enemies, there's only one citizen that is present during a boss that you need to be careful not to kill but its easy to avoid.

There is a side mission given to you by Usher Talltree where you need to find his journal and you cannot read it if you do you will miss a collectible.

You need to make a backup save in chapter one during "Take me to a hospital" and another backup in chapter six before going to sewers for the final boss, its the point of no return.

There are a few big choices during the game but you can just check what to do before then, they are pretty obvious (either charm or turn).

Also make sure to keep everyone healthy for exp and side missions.

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 1

Sorry havent been active. Last week i was just so tired from work i didnt play anything and this weekend i felt like playing something i didnt have to think about so completing my first play through of Ys.

Congrats to @MrFudge for completing it as well ? although you still have lots of trophies unearned, are they all close to being done?

Edited by Dr_Mayus

On 18/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Congrats to @MrFudge for completing it as well ? although you still have lots of trophies unearned, are they all close to being done?

Yep, I have saves in place to take care of the collectibles. Just wanted to tell you now since I’ll be busy over the next week.

I’ll probably leave ‘Pest control’ til last ??

I am sooo not gonna make it, I started and realized I do not have enough time left. And there's other games I want to play in the next 10 days.

I'm also not really thrilled with the game... It doesn't quite live up to my expectations

I'll still make the trophy though for those that earn the plat on Halloween! ?

I've got this ready to pop so count me in for a Halloween Platinum. Just have to go to sleep in game and wake up for my last district to fall into a hostile status :) The game grew on me the more I played it. I thought it sucked after the first hour or so...combat wasn't very smooth...but once I adjusted it was more fun. Wasn't at all what I was expecting...85% of the game is just talking to people, but I enjoyed the story enough so it wasn't too bad. Definitely could do worse for a free game.

• Like 1

@Dr_Mayus

Plat is ready to pop. Final trophy: Just Take a Bite

My thoughts:

I enjoyed my time with the game for the most part. I thought the story was cool and the combat was ok. Nothing too hard. But there are a couple of things they could have fixed/improved upon like the frequent blue screens (mostly happened to me while going for collectibles), better loading times (that's one thing I'm going to enjoy about PS5 when I finally get one) and maybe add fast travel between hideouts or districts.

See you on Halloween!

• Like 1

Hey Everyone

I am really sorry for my absence the last few weeks. Work has been so busy and i just couldnt get the energy to tackle this game. I havent played any games in over a week nor really been on this website.

I hope we get lots of Vampyr Plats today and thank you everyone for participating. I will send out the Vampyr badges to anyone that plats today as well.

Thanks @Dav9834 for creating it

Have a Happy Halloween ?

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey Everyone

I am really sorry for my absence the last few weeks. Work has been so busy and i just couldnt get the energy to tackle this game. I havent played any games in over a week nor really been on this website.

I hope we get lots of Vampyr Plats today and thank you everyone for participating. I will send out the Vampyr badges to anyone that plats today as well.

Thanks @Dav9834 for creating it

Have a Happy Halloween 1f47b.png

np ty mines done 

• Like 1

Finely just got the plat!

Found out at the point of no return that I had read the diary, so I had to replay a huge part of the game (from Doris fight onward). But since I had done everything recently, I was able to re-do all the sidequests and story part in 5 or so hours, so wasn't to bad.. Turning all districts to Hostile (embrace everyone...) and collecting all weapons actually took me longer then expected, but anyway, was able to finish it on time!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Finely just got the plat!

Found out at the point of no return that I had read the diary, so I had to replay a huge part of the game (from Doris fight onward). But since I had done everything recently, I was able to re-do all the sidequests and story part in 5 or so hours, so wasn't to bad.. Turning all districts to Hostile (embrace everyone...) and collecting all weapons actually took me longer then expected, but anyway, was able to finish it on time!

Now I feel bad I didnt make the badge more flashy or a full trophy ><

Congrats and damn that's a lot of work! :highfive:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Now I feel bad I didnt make the badge more flashy or a full trophy ><

Congrats and damn that's a lot of work! :highfive:

Thanks! I at a point starting to think that I wouldn't have enough time, but luckily for me, my backup wasn't so far back and since I had been exploring a lot, I wasn't missing a lot of collectibles and weapons.

Looking forward to the badges!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Thanks! I at a point starting to think that I wouldn't have enough time, but luckily for me, my backup wasn't so far back and since I had been exploring a lot, I wasn't missing a lot of collectibles and weapons.

Looking forward to the badges!

Well don't get your expectations too high >< I only spent an hour on them >< which is why I now feel bad, I should have gone a different direction. But hope you all enjoy them as badges of honor regardless :)

I platinumed this game earlier this year so I couldn’t join in this little party you had going here ☹️

I hope everybody enjoys this game as much as I did! A lot of people have varying opinions on this game because it does have some major flaws that are hard to ignore, and there are a few things that can make the platinum a pain in the balls - especially if you’re not enjoying the game to begin with.

HOWEVER, this game is a FANTASTIC pick for a Halloween event! Vampyr has such a dark, menacing atmosphere that is done brilliantly. As you move through the damp, foggy streets of London by moonlight there is an all encompassing aura of hopelessness and dread among the population, fraught with sickness and danger lurking in every corner as people keep mysteriously turning up dead (errrm.. *cough*). And if you’re the kind of gamer who appreciates dialogue heavy games and deep conversations between characters, this one is right up with some of the best I’ve played.

I honestly enjoyed every second of my time with this one and couldn’t get enough of the atmosphere. I was very sad when it ended, despite the fact a couple of the trophies were getting on my nerves.

Good luck everyone who may still be working on this! Hope your Halloween was extra sPoOkY with a little bit of Vampyr  ? ? 

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

Vampyr is honestly a pretty good game for what it is. Dontnod is a pretty good dev. But there are some major issues. Like traveling the world is a real major pain in the ass. Regretfully one of the worst issues for me was the lack of Fast Travel. The world is decently sized and if you plan on going for the plat you will be running from east to west A LOT!.