Heads up! HIGHBALLER-Trophy

OBSTINATIO

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if common or just me but seems this can bug forcing another playthrough, i have 2 challenges left, somehow game won't let me Access the Double decker destruction challenge because says don't have vehicle, even though i do, when go to see it in my garage it somehow went from C class to A

7 hours ago, Conker said:

Dunno if common or just me but seems this can bug forcing another playthrough, i have 2 challenges left, somehow game won't let me Access the Double decker destruction challenge because says don't have vehicle, even though i do, when go to see it in my garage it somehow went from C class to A

I haven't heard of this happening before, but you could try to use your double-decker for a race outside the campaign mode, because there shouldn't be any class restrictions and hopefully the game ranks it back into C... 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

18 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I haven't heard of this happening before, but you could try to use your double-decker for a race outside the campaign mode, because there shouldn't be any class restrictions and hopefully the game ranks it back into C... 

i'll try that and see what happens

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

There's a trophy guide on playstationtrophies right now that works pretty well. I recommend checking there whenever there aren't guides here.

There is a guide on this site now – a good one. But this glitch isn't mentioned and I honestly think that this is a new glitch. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

There is a guide on this site now – a good one. But this glitch isn't mentioned and I honestly think that this is a new glitch. 

It was a thing mentioned in the playstation trophies guide, so I think it might just be an error in the trophy description. But yeah, I hadn't checked PSNP because I platinumed it a few months ago. Good it finally has a guide here!

7 hours ago, Gabber_Kitty said:

I can not unlock this Trophy 2 events is glitched for me

Lawnmower Challenge
Settle it in the Dirt

the car is not class D he is class C

and this event

Derby Challenge
Diesel and Destruction

the car is not class D he is class C

I hope for new patch for this problem

I have contacted them about this issue we having now, let’s hope they fix it

14 hours ago, Gabber_Kitty said:

the new Patch 1.72 is online ^-^

So much for patch, my double decker car is still at A class, re-did more races to unlock last 2 challenges did them, did a custom race, even did challenge that unlocks car, nothing. 

Is the only soloution now another playthrough? or even contact developers again? 

Edited by Conker

6 hours ago, Conker said:

So much for patch, my double decker car is still at A class, re-did more races to unlock last 2 challenges did them, did a custom race, even did challenge that unlocks car, nothing. 

Is the only soloution now another playthrough? or even contact developers again? 

I’m having the same problem but with the diesel for destruction challenge. I have the bus but it’s class C and the Event is for class D and I was so confused because I was like what do I have to buy another bus? I’m kinda relieved I’m not the only one experiencing this, I didn’t even think it was a bug because it’s a simple error. 

The last time I played this game was on October 15, and I had no issues back then. There have been some new patches released, but it seems it broke the game rather than fix it.

In the update notes for Patch 1.72, one of the things that was fixed was 

• A number of career special events can be now started correctly.

So I'd recommend contacting the developers again. I do wonder how a car like that can change classes, especially the lawnmower, as that couldn't upgrade, if I remember correctly. This may be a dumb question, but are you sure you didn't install an engine upgrade on the doubledecker? Those upgrades seem to have been released with patch 1.70

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

The last time I played this game was on October 15, and I had no issues back then. There have been some new patches released, but it seems it broke the game rather than fix it.

In the update notes for Patch 1.72, one of the things that was fixed was 

• A number of career special events can be now started correctly.

So I'd recommend contacting the developers again. I do wonder how a car like that can change classes, especially the lawnmower, as that couldn't upgrade, if I remember correctly. This may be a dumb question, but are you sure you didn't install an engine upgrade on the doubledecker? Those upgrades seem to have been released with patch 1.70

Only car i ever upgraded was the rocket, so could get the trophy associated with it

On 11/5/2020 at 2:13 AM, Conker said:

this isnt a bug there is 2 different vehicles. i cant remember how i did it, i think i had to win the other class of the vehicle in one of the events. its been a while since i played but i remember it drove me crazy trying to figure out and i think i found the answer on steam. i think also if you put to many upgrades on a vehicle that might change the class. try removing some upgrades. 

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, Berendsapje said:

There were engine upgrades added with patch 1.70 for the double decker and the lawn-mower. It could be that they were auto-installed. I'll add it to the guide though, thanks for the info.

Just tried the double decker, It was a C Class which is what I needed, but it said I didn't own one. I upgraded it to a B, went back to the career, then went back to degrade it and it worked that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/2/2020 at 7:01 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

Since there is no guide for the game atm I thought that a little heads-up for the "Highballer" trophy (Complete All Career Challenges.) might proof useful to some. 

"Complete All Career Challenges" does not mean completing  all the bonus targets which reward the player with the little yellow stars but simply completing all the events with the word challenge in the title. I think quite a few players misinterpreted this one and this information saves you many many hours of replaying events for the bonus targets. 

Here is a video I found for a visualization: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVfpUCVniwA

Hope I can save someone from making the same mistake and waste 10-15 hours. 

glad to know as i have been making sure to do all the bonus targets thinking they counted for this..thanks for the heads up

• Like 1