These damn darts

Herbset

I ain't never thought that darts will be an issue. I've played 3 yakuza games, 4 if you count judgement, and darts were among the easiest minigames. Not in Yakuza 3, what's with the aiming? I aim as usual and the darts never seem to go where I want them to, any tips guys?

Try flicking the analog stick as opposed to holding it for too long. And don't flick too hard. 

Might sound vague at this point, but give it a go and practice with a few matches. You'll start to get a feel for how much power you need to put into it. 

Hopefully shouldn't be too bad, good luck! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I found that it’s the speed of the pull back that impacts things. Pull back quite slowly rather than jerk it back, then just release so the stick springing back releases the dart.

I think this is why others say pulling back 3 quarters works, as doing so forces you to pull back in a slower considered way. I don’t find the distance of the pull makes any difference though, just the speed.

Pinch the left stick to get the shot more accurate. The empty space directly underneath the dart or between the tips of your fingers if where you want to be looking, that's where the shot will go, then you just guesstimate the middle point between the up and down motion for your shot.

For throwing you pull back and then when the hand sort of clicks in place smoothly you push forward quickly but not too quickly and it'll throw an accurate throw every single time. This is something you have to learn on your own, the "Pull back, push forward" method is what I use personally and all it takes is learning that sweet spot both visually and control-wise to get it to get triple 20 every single time.

• 2 years later...

Very specific tip, but if you happen to be playing on a PS5 with a Dual Sense Edge controller try modifying the stick sensitivity for the right stick. Change the sensitivity curve to Digital. This seems to make it much easier to hit the sweet spot in terms of throwing strength. You just need to pull back a tiny bit on the right stick and the dart will fly directly where you're aiming.