kewemina

kewemina's Dispute

28 posts in this topic

kewemina

Cloudberry Kingdom
We know that many games of the ps3 generation no longer have adequate online support, resulting in many inconsistencies in the online table data. In my opinion, relying only on this as evidence is unfair, given that the game does not require the player to be online to win the trophies of the game. In theory the last trophy of the game "Shenanigans!" (considered the most difficult) it took me almost 6 months to win. <br /> <br /> I understand the surprise when after a long time another player appears making 100%, but the accuser himself agrees that the trophies were won in the correct order. I believe that just having as proof the online ranking of a game from 7 years ago is very little to accept. At the time I was not in the habit of recording feats of my gamer routine, so I have no way to share images of the achievement. However, my reputation in other high difficulty games shows that I win trophies honestly. <br /> <br /> Realize that I have no history of dishonesty. Regarding the community, I have no interest in making a guide or sharing tips regarding the game, just as other players of 100% also do not and have not been reported so far. I hope that I can be in the game ranking again because it is one of my greatest achievements since I became a platinum player. Grateful for the attention...

Could you list the actual reason for the flag? The gist is there, but it would be nice to see exactly what the flagger said.

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Could you list the actual reason for the flag? The gist is there, but it would be nice to see exactly what the flagger said.

Reason: Although these trophies are technically not in an impossible order, it is pretty strange that this guy is nowhere to be seen on the in-game leaderboards. Every single 100% achiever on this site can be seen on the in-game leaderboards, except for this guy.

On one hand with it not being impossible you could argue it should never have been approved.

However being the only person who is not on the in game leaderboards is a bit suspicious. 

Don't see how you can get removed off leaderboards for a one off trophy that's been achieved even with the leaderboard stuff unless someone can verify that the leaderboards are 100% accurate.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

On one hand with it not being impossible you could argue it should never have been approved.

However being the only person who is not on the in game leaderboards is a bit suspicious. 

Are the leaderboards 100% accurate? I mean, I have a lot of trophies from the Atari collections, even though I'm on no leaderboard. Many achievers aren't.

Do you have to play online to get the trophies?

However, with all of this being said, I would guess the mods approved the flag for their own reasons, so I'll bow out and wait for one of them to speak.

Edited by starcrunch061

If a game does not require online on the PS3, I don't ever bother logging in.  That would mean I wouldn't appear on leaderboards either.  That is not reason enough to flag someone IMO

11 minutes ago, euantp_ said:

Don't see how you can get removed off leaderboards for a one off trophy that's been achieved even with the leaderboard stuff unless someone can verify that the leaderboards are 100% accurate.

I'm more bothered by the fact they are apparently the only achiever not on the leaderboard.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Do you have to play online to get the trophies?

Not as far as I know

Edited by Dark_Overlord

If a game does not require to be online, this is the proof in which I do not appear in the ranking of their server. On ps3 I only go online when I'm playing multiplayer or just to sync the profile on sony. Unfortunately a few months ago I had to format the ps3's hd and lost my saves, which means I wouldn't even be able to prove it in any way. What remains as a defense is my argument, just as the accuser has his. The verdict is due to the coincidence of those responsible for these bans. Initially I would like to thank you for the attention given to my topic, but I hope that you will make the correct choice from my point of view, because if I remain out of the ranking for such a weak accusation, the respect I had for this site fell due to injustice.

The order is possible and theres no online trophies. The only evidence against you(in game leaderboards) doesn't hold up anymore.

I hold the number 1 spot in a good amount of leaderboards for the game, so I can say that the LBs aren't perfect, as you may need to check them a couple of times and then wait to have your score updated. But eventually a score is registered when playing online, even if not your best one.

Someone with the 100% has the evidence of clearing level 320, although the LBs say they have cleared only up to level 319.

On the other hand, it takes time to clear all the levels, particularly 319 and 320, so the fact that in all the time the OP played the game they have never been logged in (since I can't locate their ID in the leaderboards for the last levels) is quite strange. I can't scroll down more in the LBs at the moment as they are occasionally broken for a few hours.

Usually I wouldn't use LBs as evidence, but hasn't the OP appeared between the achievers only recently, all of a sudden, with timestamps older than 1 year? I don't know if they have been there all this time or not.

6 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I hold the number 1 spot in a good amount of leaderboards for the game, so I can say that the LBs aren't perfect, as you may need to check them a couple of times and then wait to have your score updated. But eventually a score is registered when playing online, even if not your best one.

Someone with the 100% has the evidence of clearing level 320, although the LBs say they have cleared only up to level 319.

On the other hand, it takes time to clear all the levels, particularly 319 and 320, so the fact that in all the time the OP played the game they have never been logged in (since I can't locate their ID in the leaderboards for the last levels) is quite strange. I can't scroll down more in the LBs at the moment as they are occasionally broken for a few hours.

Usually I wouldn't use LBs as evidence, but hasn't the OP appeared between the achievers only recently, all of a sudden, with timestamps older than 1 year? I don't know if they have been there all this time or not.

Only crt will know that I feel. 

46 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

I appreciate your participation in the subject, even more with such relevance in the game in question. Based on what I said we can conclude that the "online ranking" proof is not enough to keep the accusation on me. Guys, it's been over 1 year since I suffered in this game and the learning I share with the community is that certain games are not worth getting 100% due to the stress during the period and post-conquest. Our greatest achievement is to plague the future and challenge the reputation that has been nurtured for years. My interest was to get the trophy and not go online to show up in the ranking. I'm glad I stopped trying the platinum of the game "super meat boy" because I just proved that extreme challenges open doors to do everything to bring us down. When there is more doubt than certainty the defendant is absorbed and not condemned ...

Posted (edited)

Aww that's not right.

I'm going to be in a lot of trouble then, I ALWAYS play offline when it's a tough game that doesn't require online. When I've earned the trophies I'll re-connect and try to let the score upload, but most games don't have retroactive uploading like that. (I'm doing Locoroco right now entirely offline over the course of the last 2-3 days, not because it's hard but because I kinda hate the game). I do this so that the trophies don't upload unless I absolutely know that I'm going to finish it or able to beat it. Not just signed out either, I disconnect entirely. (PS3/PS4 do some sneaky syncs sometimes if you're just signed out I believe)

Granted his motivations aren't the same as mine (100% profile), but it's the potential ripple effect of using in game leaderboards as "proof" when playing online isn't necessary/required that worries me. There are other games where they can be used because of the nature of the trophies but this isn't one.

Edited by Asmund89

Posted (edited)

I do believe that most of LBs can't be used as evidence, however things may change if an achiever appears all of a sudden with old timestamps (I assume they appeared like that since the OP stated: "I understand the surprise when after a long time another player appears making 100% ").

I do not know when the OP appeared between achievers. If they have been there for a while, then this can be lifted.

Otherwise, is either edited timestamps or they did a late synch, and this last one can always lead to some problems.

Edited by VirtualNight

20 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

I do believe that most of LBs can't be used as evidence, however things may change if an achiever appears all of a sudden with old timestamps (I assume they appeared like that since the OP stated: "I understand the surprise when after a long time another player appears making 100% ").

I do not know when the OP appeared between achievers. If they have been there for a while, then this can be lifted.

Otherwise, is either edited timestamps or they did a late synch, and this last one can always lead to some problems.

I said this from "I understand the surprise when after a long time another player appears to be making 100%") because by the time I got 100% it was about 3 years ago that nobody could do it. I started playing at the end of 2018 and only after about 6 months did I get the last trophy. This means that it has been over 1 year since completing everything on the cloudberry. Now that we are about to go to 2021 a guy comes to report me doubting just because I didn't appear in the online ranking? I think psnprofile will have to review a lot of accounts then, because almost nobody cares to go online on ps3 if it is not mandatory for any achievement. Majority only comes in to sync with sony. If you close the game server then you can already disregard everyone who wins the trophy, because no one else will appear in the ranking. Are we going to invent a new type of rules now?

21 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Usually for edited timestamps, the mod team pops in pretty early. 

1 hour ago, kewemina said:

Now that we are about to go to 2021 a guy comes to report me doubting just because I didn't appear in the online ranking? I think psnprofile will have to review a lot of accounts then, because almost nobody cares to go online on ps3 if it is not mandatory for any achievement. Majority only comes in to sync with sony. If you close the game server then you can already disregard everyone who wins the trophy, because no one else will appear in the ranking. Are we going to invent a new type of rules now?

I think quite a few posters here are sympathetic to you at the moment. There's no need for indignant retorts. 

1 hour ago, kewemina said:

I said this from "I understand the surprise when after a long time another player appears to be making 100%") because by the time I got 100% it was about 3 years ago that nobody could do it. I started playing at the end of 2018 and only after about 6 months did I get the last trophy. This means that it has been over 1 year since completing everything on the cloudberry. Now that we are about to go to 2021 a guy comes to report me doubting just because I didn't appear in the online ranking? I think psnprofile will have to review a lot of accounts then, because almost nobody cares to go online on ps3 if it is not mandatory for any achievement. Majority only comes in to sync with sony. If you close the game server then you can already disregard everyone who wins the trophy, because no one else will appear in the ranking. Are we going to invent a new type of rules now?

I didn't consider you could also be a victim of the mass reports approval, where even a reason like "this guy eats pineapple pizza" could pass (a reason that should definitely be enough to keep you flagged imo). In that case, you should be lifted. My only initial doubt was if you appeared in the last months between the achievers despite your old timestamps, as that is a typical cheaters pattern, that's all.

Eh, not saying OP cheated or not. But is just OPs word enough for they to stay on the leaderboards? I mean, if it's legit it should be, right? I would like to know because it could be me in the same spot.

Although I'm pretty sure I don't have the skills to get this 100% lol

7 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

My only initial doubt was if you appeared in the last months between the achievers despite your old timestamps, as that is a typical cheaters pattern, that's all.

I can see via wayback machine that these trophies have been on OP's profile since at least last December, so I don't think this is the case here.

If the only evidence of foul play is an absence from the in-game leaderboards, but the game is playable (and trophies earnable) offline, I have to imagine this flag was just another accidental approval.

The game is completely offline so  no need to log in psn to access it. 

This flag should be lift because the leaderboard is not same thing mandatary for this game.