Gem Spawn Locations

Wagszilla

The trophy guide is vague in some areas and a little confusing in others, namely this one. 

The first step in your gem hunt will be to load up the Eagle City (OUT) and find the hole that the coins (and gems, chips, and gift boxes) are spawning. This hole is the passcode, the cipher, the key to figuring out all the other holes.

• Turn on PS4 > Load the game > Single player > Option button > Online > Course Select > Eagle City (OUT)

The formula presented in the trophy guide is helpful but I would make the following change:

• Course X (OUT) hole Y = Eagle City (OUT) hole number + 2*(x-1)

In the formula above, Course X is the new course you're looking for gems on after Eagle City. Hole Y is the hole we're looking for on this new course.

• Alpina Forest, X=2
  • Kanaloa Beach, X=3
  • Vortex Valley, X=4
  • Imperial Garden, X=5

For example, if we find the gems on Eagle City (OUT) on Hole 4 and are now looking for gems on Alpina Forest (x=2), the formula is as follows:

• 4 + 2*(2-1)
  • 4 + 2 = 
  • Hole 6

Once you find the OUT, it's easy as pie to find the IN hole. Just add 10. So in the example above, it'd be Hole 14 for Eagle City (IN) and Hole 16 for Alpina Forest (IN). If the number exceeds 18 the formula is ((Z-18) + 9).

Some other notes:

• If you can't see the sparkle visual effects and the coins popping out of thin air, you can hear the coin sound effect once you get close to the correct hole.
  • The coins spawn from the tee area to the pin area around the hole. It's best to go around the sides of the hole and not across horizontally so you have a bread crumb trail to follow on the other side.
  • For example, if you find the coins on Hole 4, try going in a straight vertical line (as best as possible) towards Hole 5. This will ensure you are staying on the correct fairway and finding all the coins and other goodies along the way.
  • If don't have any DLC courses, you'll be maxed to finding 20 gems a day. 40 gems a day if you have the DLC courses. 

TL;DR:

The whole "result" before the "formula" thing tripped me up and I was scratching my head for awhile.

Hope it helps.

?

• Like 3