Anyone confirm if I can select mission on Ace difficulty to get the trophy?

Stars_of_Sirius

Edit: May have worded it strangely. Can you do missions via mission select and still get the difficulty trophies that way, or do you have to restart new story?

Original:

Curious if that will count towards the trophy, or if you have to do one straight playthrough. I ask cause I want to get all the medals on Story, then immediately do the same mission on Ace after. 

Also if anyone knows of any way to glitch it so it registers you beat it on Ace please say. I tried switching the difficulty before the end even though I doubted it would work. Can confirm that won't work, and will also count as a "death" voiding the one medal. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 1

So I just tried beating the last mission by starting on story and then using the last checkpoint to switch to ace. However the medals at the end read as Story

So checkpoint method doesn’t work 

don’t know about replaying the entire mission 

*ignore all this, OP tried*

Edited by poisonblood

7 hours ago, GeneralBoldOne said:

Get good. 1f602.png

Only joking, it looks like you can use the continue function and change difficulty! Not tried it as ace is a nice challenge for me but maybe you can do 2/3 on easy then quit, continue from checkpoint in ace? 

Would be nice to make it easier but I'll manage when I do Ace. My concern though is can I do all the missions on Ace difficulty via mission select. Some games the trophy won't pop that way so I don't want to waste my time. 

My other concern now after reading that one guys comment is that all the difficulty trophies don't pop... Have to beat the campaign 4 times!? 

26 minutes ago, poisonblood said:

Yup. I ran into this as well. So I’ve given up on the story and just going to do online. Might as well get those out of the way 

That sucks, have you tried to restore a previous save from PS+ if you subscribe? Sometimes these games even though they tie into your EA / other account still use local saves for some things like the new Avengers games. 

2 hours ago, GeneralBoldOne said:

I got the 4 for finishing it on Ace. :)

The Galaxy's Finest (Story Mode)

The Galaxy's Finest (Pilot)

The Galaxy's Finest (Veteran)

The Galaxy's Finest (Ace)

Also, just noticed when I booted the game up again that I've lost all my medals too for single player so make a regular backup of your save (I've not tested if that works)! 

Edited by GeneralBoldOne

4 hours ago, GeneralBoldOne said:

Also, just noticed when I booted the game up again that I've lost all my medals too for single player so make a regular backup of your save (I've not tested if that works)! 

What do you do for mission 12? Defending that shit as the U wing is just too much with the shitty laser gun that only disables people while doing a little damage 

Edit: Nevermind I reloaded the mission and see you can edit the loadout

Edited by Carnage0702

16 minutes ago, Carnage0702 said:

What do you do for mission 12? Defending that shit as the U wing is just too much with the shitty laser gun that only disables people while doing a little damage 

Edit: Nevermind I reloaded the mission and see you can edit the loadout

Is that the one with the 3 objectives to defend? Took me a few goes, then I went aggressive after the enemies and my buddies shot them down once disabled by me! But glad you got through. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralBoldOne said:

Is that the one with the 3 objectives to defend? Took me a few goes, then I went aggressive after the enemies and my buddies shot them down once disabled by me! But glad you got through. 

Yea I just changed my loadout because my only issue was killing the enemies with a gun that only was good for disabling them. Just beat my first go with a new loadout! Definitely one of the tougher ones

9 hours ago, eVo-Godslayer said:

I had to restart my game and got all 5 medals even tho I died multiple times and rook me more than 45 min so yea wierd stuff

Maybe a way to exploit the medal requirements by 'accidentally' close the game before the last checkpoint/light speed jump, start it again and then fly peacefully into the mission's end? ?

Could be but i don't care iam at mission 12 on ace 3 more mission on ace then medals on story difficulty shouldnt be to hard 

I would say ace isn't even that hard exept some parts here and there it's doable if you use resupply from squadmate, ping and tell your team to attack him and do the objective if you have an option to return to hanger (not from options cuz you lose progress) and important manage shield speed lasers edit your load out if possible 

5 minutes ago, Morfea said:

So do anyone know the answer to OP’s question? If you can do all missions on ace from mission select, or do you need to restart the story?

Mission select works. I did up to mission 3 and joined online and my medals were all gone so I had to redo the first 3 missions after beating the whole story in 1 go on ace. Prologue has no medals so you dont need to do that on ace. But yea dont join online. Medals disappear when you join online so you'll need to do the ace difficulty in 1 run

7 hours ago, Morfea said:

So do anyone know the answer to OP’s question? If you can do all missions on ace from mission select, or do you need to restart the story?

Thank you for asking this cause my thread turned into something else and no one was answering lol. Because you asked someone finally answered. However looks like I'll be waiting to do the story until they fix the glitch 

6 hours ago, Morfea said: