The Heat Check Panic Bidding is OUT OF CONTROL. May I suggest a better way forward?

cornhed

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

You dont actually know if I played this or not just because it isnt on this account.  But ok dude, whatever you say. 

You feel the AH market is stable based on previous games, OP feels the prices are going up and is trying to organize people to lower prices. I mentioned that s/he shouldn't disregard people that might purposely do the opposite for their own reasons/amusement.  Hell, for all we know, someone could read this thread and trojan horse themself into a position to steal a bunch of cards from these guys.

I'm not interested in arguing this with you any further. Agree to disagree if you will, but I'm stepping out.

I can tell you don't play based on what you've been saying.  The auction house naturally dies down every year the new 2k comes out.  It's basically a ghost town as the time gets closer for servers to close.  There ain't no agree to disagree.  You're just ignorant.  OP hasn't put enough time in.  Otherwise, he would got the platinum by now.   Bottom line.  

Edited by grimydawg___

On 10/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, grimydawg___ said:

The prices for cards are 10k+ on 2K19, too ?‍♂️Just keep at it.

25 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

The auction house naturally dies down every year the new 2k comes out. 

Ok then, I guess this whole thread was pointless then. Good day

Edited by AJ_-_808

10 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

OP simply hasn't put in enough time and effort.

That's simply not true and rude and presumptuous of you.  As I said I have been playing this game rather consistently for a very long time at this point.  Playing basketball in this game, not playing Auction House 2k20.  You want to say I incorrectly assumed people came to a basketball game to, well play basketball, or that I was new to the 2k series and unaware they barely put out content to support their games, or that this was actually a trade market simulator, well whatever, judge away.  

I was simply attempting to lower the time requirement for myself and others from this point forward.  I'm sorry this seemed to bother you.

35 minutes ago, cornhed said:

That's simply not true and rude and presumptuous of you.  As I said I have been playing this game rather consistently for a very long time at this point.  Playing basketball in this game, not playing Auction House 2k20.  You want to say I incorrectly assumed people came to a basketball game to, well play basketball, or that I was new to the 2k series and unaware they barely put out content to support their games, or that this was actually a trade market simulator, well whatever, judge away.  

I was simply attempting to lower the time requirement for myself and others from this point forward.  I'm sorry this seemed to bother you.

You haven't put in enough time and effort. There are folks here who literally started months after you did and have the amount of cards needed for GOAT and even got the platinum trophy.  You're going to have to grind to get this trophy.  Period.  There's plenty of content to where you almost don't need the Heat Check collection.  Be thankful this isn't NBA 2k19 or even worse 2k18.  Unless you're willing to wait a few months, you're going to have to grind more.  You can find a partner who's close to 2900 cards and set something that way.  That's how I helped someone get their 2k19 platinum.  Only then, will that strategy work.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

You keep saying time and effort.  I guarantee I've put in more time and effort than you have at this point.  You obviously knew what you were doing when you began and how to quickly move towards that goal, I didn't.  Stop calling it a lack of time or effort, it's extremely pretentious.  

Folks have the platinum.  They started months after you did, and they've even said how they built to GOAT quickly.  So, it's either you're doing something wrong or you're not grinding enough. It's not trophy hunters holding cards for ransom or some other conspiracy BS.  The same thing has happened in EVERY NBA 2K game. Cards become more rare and prices naturally go up. The vast majority of folks move on to the next game.  So, it's natural this happens.  It's just that in 2k19 and 2k20 is the GOAT trophy.  That's it.  I spent 300 hours on My team alone.  Congratulations, if you've spent more time than me.  I got the platinum six months ago ?‍♂️. 

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 2

if you ask me, the only way to be drop the prices of heat cheack cards is 2k to rereleased again the packs with them so evereyone can buy them even at least for week. And not to have only the nba is back , the goat and nba current 2 packs

Edited by kamikazi41

1 hour ago, kamikazi41 said:

if you ask me, the only way to be drop the prices of heat cheack cards is 2k to rereleased again the packs with them so evereyone can buy them even at least for week. And not to have only the nba is back , the goat and nba current 2 packs

Even have it as part of the weekly login packs. They've left it as the same packs forever.

Don't know why they can't just randomly select different packs each week.

13 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

Even have it as part of the weekly login packs. They've left it as the same packs forever.

Don't know why they can't just randomly select different packs each week.

They've moved on and given the finger to people still playing 20. 

Ttoff no updates. No new challenges.. only thing they updated is the ads for 21 on the home screen...

9 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

I don't think it's entirely down to time and effort. Others have worked the AH better and/or got lucky with snipes, which propels them forward in the collection a lot quicker.

Grimy, sorry this a difficult concept,  I didn't know this was an auction house game trophy.  Plain and simple.  I'm here trying to correct that mistake.  I appreciate your input about 2k19 and previous games, but at some point you are just here to pee in the punch bowl.  Either offer something constructive or move on.

I think I'm just reiterating what a few have posted, but HC's aren't 100% required to get the ultimate collector trophy.  Now granted, if you don't go that route, it will be just as grindy and require close to 100% completion of domination, spotlight challenges (those that can be done - I'm looking at you Bogut), and TTOffline; plus finding deals in the AH.  However, that's kind of expected when a trophy is below 1% in terms of rarity (I know it sucks, but what are you gonna do).

I'm about 100 away from the trophy and fortunately I was lucky to get most of my 290 HC's before they skyrocketed (and I have basically only bought a few under $8K recently).  I would say the best route to get this trophy (if you don't want to play the AH - which I've done to some degree to help get this close in under 2 months) would be to team up with 2-3 other players, pool your cards and agree (and trust) to help each other out.  I'd volunteer, but I've already committed to doing this with a few others.

7 hours ago, cornhed said:

Grimy, sorry this a difficult concept,  I didn't know this was an auction house game trophy.  Plain and simple.  I'm here trying to correct that mistake.  I appreciate your input about 2k19 and previous games, but at some point you are just here to pee in the punch bowl.  Either offer something constructive or move on.

You are being defensive here. I'm not even the one who posted about 2K19 and the post you quoted was actually siding with you.

Some have posted they got this collector trophy in 6 weeks by working the AH. I've been playing the game for months and yet to get it, as I suck at AH 2K20 myself. I did attempt to get some snipes, but wasn't lucky enough to get them. If I managed to get those 100k+ cards for 500-5000MT, that would've been all the MT I needed for the trophy. Since I didn't, I'm still here grinding.

So like I said, it isn't about the time and effort put in, but it's based on luck too and getting the snipes.

7 hours ago, cornhed said:

I told you to do challenges (domination, spotlight challenges, etc).  Either grind those or continue to whine and not listen ?‍♂️. You're clearly don't have enough MT.  So, you need to GRIND more to get what you need.

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

You are being defensive here. I'm not even the one who posted about 2K19 and the post you quoted was actually siding with you.

Some have posted they got this collector trophy in 6 weeks by working the AH. I've been playing the game for months and yet to get it, as I suck at AH 2K20 myself. I did attempt to get some snipes, but wasn't lucky enough to get them. If I managed to get those 100k+ cards for 500-5000MT, that would've been all the MT I needed for the trophy. Since I didn't, I'm still here grinding.

So like I said, it isn't about the time and effort put in, but it's based on luck too and getting the snipes.

Kevin, sorry if you misunderstood I was just quoting you for saying a similar thing to me, which is that it wasn't really about time and effort put in but about working the auction house properly.  Now that I've turned my attention to playing auction house simulator and not basketball, it wouldn't be too much longer.  I already see prices coming down on some of the more common heat check players, which obviously isn't due to this thread, but I think there aren't a ton of people chasing them, just a lack of supply.  I was able to pick up a couple over the weekend for under 5k, which should be peak expensive time.  I will post back here when I plan to sell all the heat check cards back.  At this point I will likely complete it with <100 HC cards total.   

Prices seem to have climbed a bit more. Most cards going for around 13k bin atm. Managed to get 2 under 10k today but im afraid I'll be forced to buy the higher priced heat checks. 500 cards to go with but a few cards i think i can add to the collection for under 10k. 

Some people are writing to me from time to time for advices, so. About a month ago I told you all guys to stop locking cards in collection and start swapping between each other. Nobody wanted to listen and you all continued to limit number of cards on market. Now prices are two times higher and you finally woke up. My tips:

1. Do the shared spreadsheet with list of rare cards (e.g. 8-10k+). Each user has a column and fill it with X if he have card or X+1 if he have duplicate.

2. Don't snipe only HC cards you need. If you see a card much below the normal price, just buy it and use it to swap with someone else, who would do the same. Keep in mind that not only trophy hunters are sniping these cards.

3. If you see someone finishing his collection, share your cards with him, so he will free his collection earlier at lower price.

4. Once again, don't lock rare cards in your collections!

And guys, we had trophy in 4-6 weeks, because cards were cheaper, market was alive and we weren't playing much challenges/spotlights. Now it's totally different. You have to adapt and find a new approach.

P.S. The method I wrote reminds me of collecting/swapping football cards and Pokemons in early 00s :D 

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Royze said:

Prices seem to have climbed a bit more. Most cards going for around 13k bin atm. Managed to get 2 under 10k today but im afraid I'll be forced to buy the higher priced heat checks. 500 cards to go with but a few cards i think i can add to the collection for under 10k. 

Yeah I had a look and put some bids at 10k and was outbidded. There are still people putting them up under 10k now and then but it's few and far between.

I'll be putting all my heat check cards up when I'm done.

8 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

Yeah I had a look and put some bids at 10k and was outbidded. There are still people putting them up under 10k now and then but it's few and far between.

I'll be putting all my heat check cards up when I'm done.

Do keep us informed if and when ;)

I will do the same with my cards when I've made it

So I've followed the HC market very closely for the last week for the first time. These are my initial thoughts.  It appears to me there are people trying to turn profit in the HC market (which is silly to me bc there are some FAT margins in other card markets with much tighter supplies).  I know this is going on bc I see HC cards that get bought & immediately end up back on the market around the 4hr mark minutes later (in the same order at 1.2-1.6k higher lol). 

Larger picture, I think there are 3 types of people in this market now.  The profiteers, those close to finishing (so availability, not price is the issue), and those waiting (I won't start buying outside my px range until I have enough MT to buy every card I need at current market).  

I think those of us waiting need to remain patient.  The sooner the close to finish, finish, the sooner they leave the market, which lowers price.  Especially if they can get cards at lower prices.  

The profiteers are a little trickier bc all it takes are 2 idiots running the market up on each other to make it appear crazy.  These people can be waited out.  It's hard to control such a large market (over 400 available cards), and even with an infinite warchest they can only have 50 cards up for auction at a time (so no more than 50 duplicates across the entire set). Once cards stop selling at ridiculous prices they fill up and cannot hold the market higher.  In turn, the lost income will then ultimately force them out of the market.  As far as I see, this is the way forward that saves everyone who needs more than 50 cards, HUNDREDS of HOURS. 

Remain patient people, be kind and offer your heat checks up after you're done and we all will be able to play something besides 2k before 2021 lol

Appologies for the long winded post, but thank you to those taking the time to read and contribute. 

Don't shout at me because I'm new to the game, but couldn't you just keep playing my team unlimited against other players and keep winning at a 1 game steak? The reward is a Heat Check pack for that. I know it would be very unlikely to receive a rare / higher value card, but in theory you can get all Heat Check players from this pack... right?

47 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Don't shout at me because I'm new to the game, but couldn't you just keep playing my team unlimited against other players and keep winning at a 1 game steak? The reward is a Heat Check pack for that. I know it would be very unlikely to receive a rare / higher value card, but in theory you can get all Heat Check players from this pack... right?

I wont shout ;)

I suppose you have a point.. BUT it will take a long, really really long time. Grinding the AH will, at least for the foreseeable future be quicker 

• Like 1

You can win deluxe heat check packs from triple threat online (guaranteed card).  Also moments packs which are great and sell really well in the AH.  Flash packs also which tend to be meh unless you need NBA series 1 and 2 cards.  Packs seems to be drop rewards every 3-4 games.  

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 8:15 PM, Royze said:

I wont shout ;)

I suppose you have a point.. BUT it will take a long, really really long time. Grinding the AH will, at least for the foreseeable future be quicker 

Well my theory is out of the door, I used my method of playing my team unlimited against other players and kept a 1 game steak intact but... it didn't given me a single player from the Heat Check series! I looked in my card library after opening the pack (I opened 3 different ones) and I didn't get a single new player, which I'm totally puzzled about... why even call it a 'Heat Check' pack in this first place?

9 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Well my theory is out of the door, I used my method of playing my team unlimited against other players and kept a 1 game steak intact but... it didn't given me a single player from the Heat Check series! I looked in my card library after opening the pack (I opened 3 different ones) and I didn't get a single new player, which I'm totally puzzled about... why even call it a 'Heat Check' pack in this first place?

Heat Check Deluxe pack is what you are thinking of. Those give guaranteed Heat Check cards. The base pack gives you a chance of a Heat Check.