The Heat Check Panic Bidding is OUT OF CONTROL. May I suggest a better way forward?

cornhed

22 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

Heat Check Deluxe pack is what you are thinking of. Those give guaranteed Heat Check cards. The base pack gives you a chance of a Heat Check.

That makes sense, thanks. So I'm guessing the best way to grind out the Heat Check Deluxe packs without using the AH is to win triple threat online games?

9 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

That makes sense, thanks. So I'm guessing the best way to grind out the Heat Check Deluxe packs without using the AH is to win triple threat online games?

It's the only mode that's dropping those packs, but it's not guaranteed that they will appear.

Best method that worked for me, was grind TTOffline and hope the vault opens for that 5K. At the time I was doing this though, HC cards were 5K each, so each vault open = 1 HC card to buy. If you're under 1000 wins, the milestone rewards help too. Use a high tier evo card and 2 bronzes for quickest method of getting through games.

HC cards are now having bids of 14-15K as far as I've been seeing.

Edited by kevinyang82
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

It's the only mode that's dropping those packs, but it's not guaranteed that they will appear.

Best method that worked for me, was grind TTOffline and hope the vault opens for that 5K. At the time I was doing this though, HC cards were 5K each, so each vault open = 1 HC card to buy. If you're under 1000 wins, the milestone rewards help too. Use a high tier evo card and 2 bronzes for quickest method of getting through games.

HC cards are now having bids of 14-15K as far as I've been seeing.

Yes. This.

I'm now 300 cards off, and my remaining HCs are in the 14-15K range. IMO, it is much easier and less stressful to earn the MT from grinding TTOffline or AH flipping and buy the card straight up than it is to grind Unlimited or TTOnline only for the chance at a HC Pack.

Currently using 2 maxed evo cards (Lin, Howard) and GO Steph Curry from Historical All-Time Sim, and spamming corner threes, but you can use whatever shooter you get green releases with. Games take less than 5 minutes on average, and vault opens quite frequently.

This is probably the best method to grind MT for those who don't like playing the AH. 

Edited by Roundtoad

8 minutes ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

Not for me. I won 10 games and the vault only opened twice for me :(

overall strike rate is about 40%

I get around 2-4 opens per 10 games myself, but I guess that's frequent in comparison to the terrible rate it was a few months back, not to mention the terrible rewards. Kind of glad 2K haven't updated the vault rewards - I would have probably given up if the reward pool still consisted of 1 token or 500MT.

Sadly, no way around the grind - seeing red doors is demotivating, but once you've played 1600 games, you don't really take notice of it lol.

I did ask someone from 2K support if they could re-release Heat Check deluxe packs to be purchased with tokens, MT or VC and he replied saying he liked the idea but the development team can't review suggestions sent through customer support so he suggested I make a post on the 2K forums for NBA 2K20.

It's probably a long shot but if they see enough requests or replies for that post or similar posts, they might re-release the heat check packs for purchase. Which would make it easier for people to obtain these cards and would also then reduce the price of heat checks in the auction house as a result. 

4 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

Well I made a post on the 2k fourms will you guys go over there and please post in it so hopefully they  do something for us. All we have is our voice and maybe just maybe they help us, but i'm not going to hold my breath.

Sadly, they've moved on to 2K21.

There's not even updates to the weekly login rewards.

• Like 1

If there are some cards you still need, maybe start a boosting session and see if someone will help out with what you need. I've helped out people on this site before so they are out there. 2K won't re-release Heat Check cards. Can nearly guarantee that, unfortunately.

This is the easiest NBA 2K plat in a number of years. There's nothing overly difficult about it (compared to other iterations), it just takes time. If you stick at it then it will come. If you're getting burned out then come back to it.

14 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

If you're getting burned out then come back to it.

i don't think this is good advice. Number of cards in flux is decreasing with each passing day. If you are ever to get this trophy, you need to get it within the next month. 

8 hours ago, Malex595 said:

i don't think this is good advice. Number of cards in flux is decreasing with each passing day. If you are ever to get this trophy, you need to get it within the next month. 

I was browsing HC cards earlier and it's very noticeable now. Was able to scroll to the final listing at 23:59 without lagging.

If you have any offline cards to earn, you'll need to rely on those to get you over the line.

1 hour ago, kevinyang82 said:

I was browsing HC cards earlier and it's very noticeable now. Was able to scroll to the final listing at 23:59 without lagging.

If you have any offline cards to earn, you'll need to rely on those to get you over the line.

I think market is thin this morning simply bc it's Monday morning (US East Coast). I actually had some decent success this week in heat check market and I still haven't moved above paying 10k.  Still a lot of supply glut at higher prices.  For example, there is a slug of cards for 15k bid and buy now (about 50 of em), all started at the exact same time, that didn't sell last night and get immediately reposted for same price this am. I'm betting this is one seller. I think that seller ends up forced to lower price or stop bidding on new supply (due to limit on auction space) if those cards cannot clear.  A couple seem to get bought each time the seller reposts them though, so that seller will keep holding the market higher if people continue to overpay.  I need about 180 more cards and I've banked over 1.3m MT, I think I've past the unobtainable point so it's easier for me to offer up the advice to remain patient.

More interestingly Im seeing non HC card prices absolutely collapsing in almost all cases (hold for like GOAT, or NBA is Back collections). 

1 hour ago, cornhed said:

For example, there is a slug of cards for 15k bid and buy now (about 50 of em), all started at the exact same time, that didn't sell last night and get immediately reposted for same price this am.

So you can actually see what I'm talking about right now if you are playing.  A group of 19 HC cards that didnt sell at 15k buy nows, just got reposted for another 4 hours at 14.5k-14.7k (EDIT was to this range for accuracy) at the same time.  The group starts with Chimieze Metu and ends with Paul Milsap.  I think it is definite proof if enough people are patient the market would return to more reasonable levels.

Edited by cornhed

56 minutes ago, cornhed said:

So you can actually see what I'm talking about right now if you are playing.  A group of 19 HC cards that didnt sell at 15k buy nows, just got reposted for another 4 hours at 14.5k-14.7k (EDIT was to this range for accuracy) at the same time.  The group starts with Chimieze Metu and ends with Paul Milsap.  I think it is definite proof if enough people are patient the market would return to more reasonable levels.

Those posted at 14.5 are 90% gone..

1 hour ago, Royze said:

Those posted at 14.5 are 90% gone..

Yup looks like 15 of 'em were bought up about an hour into the auction, haven't been back on yet to see the fate of the remaining four. Crazy people buying that up there to me, again unless you are close and have the MT already.  

People are buying at 15K BIN. It's not just one seller, as it seems to be accepted that 15K is the current going rate. I saw a bunch of listings at 20K BINs but they will never sell.

I've listed all of mine at 15K BINs and they mostly sold. Only time I've listed them for below 10K was when selling to a poster here the cards he needed.

Once I listed a card at 14,500 and it sold within 30mins.

16 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

I've listed all of mine at 15K BINs and they mostly sold. Only time I've listed them for below 10K was when selling to a poster here the cards he needed.

Congrats on the trophy!

Edited by cornhed

21 hours ago, cornhed said:

Yup looks like 15 of 'em were bought up about an hour into the auction, haven't been back on yet to see the fate of the remaining four. Crazy people buying that up there to me, again unless you are close and have the MT already.  

Ive actually bought a couple for 15 today and a bundle at 13... im 200 cards away, sitting on 600/700k mt and have only completed the first domination. I may be overpaying but my goal is to be done before the end of the month

I'm still grinding. I only have 1,200 cards but it's probably been me that's been buying all the HC cards at that price.. I try and play 3-5 games of DOM and 10 or so game of TTO per day only buying the HC cards. After that I run the passive VC method. I'm losing my mind playing this.

Edited by Allstillwell

4 hours ago, Royze said:

Ive actually bought a couple for 15 today and a bundle at 13... im 200 cards away, sitting on 600/700k mt and have only completed the first domination. I may be overpaying but my goal is to be done before the end of the month

Have you completed any of the spotlight sims? There's about 80 cards there.

The player spotlight if you haven't completed, may be tougher now with player availability but I can sell you any required cards that I haven't locked away. Except Haslem and Bogut as I'm missing them. 

With the remaining 2 Dominations, you may not need to buy anymore. Obviously be more convenient than grinding. 

Edited by kevinyang82

9 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

Have you completed any of the spotlight sims? There's about 80 cards there.

The player spotlight if you haven't completed, may be tougher now with player availability but I can sell you any required cards that I haven't locked away. Except Haslem and Bogut as I'm missing them. 

With the remaining 2 Dominations, you may not need to buy anymore. Obviously be more convenient than grinding. 

Ive completed 1 spotlight thusfar. Ive got Lin, Howard, Garnett and maybe 1 other set complete for the player challenges. 

I think its more time efficient to grind AH some more. Every card I buy now saves me somewhere from 1 to 5 games at 25 minutes a piece. 

7 hours ago, Royze said:

Ive completed 1 spotlight thusfar. Ive got Lin, Howard, Garnett and maybe 1 other set complete for the player challenges. 

I think its more time efficient to grind AH some more. Every card I buy now saves me somewhere from 1 to 5 games at 25 minutes a piece. 

Royze, if you paying 15k for the last 200 cards, doesn't that mean you need $3million MT vs the 600/700k you said you have?  I'd prob agree with Kevin your fastest route is playing some easy Domination games, with a card per win.  And if you have easy cards like that still available you have cleared the real hurdle anyway, so congrats on your soon to be earned trophy.  

18 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

I'm still grinding. I only have 1,200 cards but it's probably been me that's been buying all the HC cards at that price.. I try and play 3-5 games of DOM and 10 or so game of TTO per day only buying the HC cards. After that I run the passive VC method. I'm losing my mind playing this.

I understand if your fear is the cards not being there later, but there are a lot of cards to be picked up cheaper when you are still this far away from 2,900.  I would argue you are permanently raising the heat check market on yourself, instead of accumulating cheap cards available now and letting the heat check cards cool off.  Remember the difference between paying 10k for 300 HC and 15k is an additional $1.5m in total MT, that's a lot of extra work for yourself.

There is certainly debate over whether the HC cards can/will "cool off", but that was kinda the goal of this thread (which I understand is a very naive goal to a large degree), to get those close to finishing like me or royze, to like kevinyang was already kind enough to do, to push their HC cards back to the auction house after we have the trophy. The hope is this allows players like yourself to not have to chase the HC cards out of fear of no supply allowing you to accumulate cheaper cards in the meantime.  This ideally would keep everyone paying a lower cost without threatening the overall supply.  In a lot of ways it is a true prisoners dilemma, so I understand if from where you are standing you don't want to cooperate, but in the end I truly believe it would be to your benefit.

4 hours ago, cornhed said:

I understand if your fear is the cards not being there later, but there are a lot of cards to be picked up cheaper when you are still this far away from 2,900.  I would argue you are permanently raising the heat check market on yourself, instead of accumulating cheap cards available now and letting the heat check cards cool off.  Remember the difference between paying 10k for 300 HC and 15k is an additional $1.5m in total MT, that's a lot of extra work for yourself.

There is certainly debate over whether the HC cards can/will "cool off", but that was kinda the goal of this thread (which I understand is a very naive goal to a large degree), to get those close to finishing like me or royze, to like kevinyang was already kind enough to do, to push their HC cards back to the auction house after we have the trophy. The hope is this allows players like yourself to not have to chase the HC cards out of fear of no supply allowing you to accumulate cheaper cards in the meantime.  This ideally would keep everyone paying a lower cost without threatening the overall supply.  In a lot of ways it is a true prisoners dilemma, so I understand if from where you are standing you don't want to cooperate, but in the end I truly believe it would be to your benefit.

I understand what you're saying, but at this point in the games life what else am i supposed to do? The way I look at it is the series 1 and 2 cards can still be gotten through packs in the pack market and token market. I've finished  the first Domination, have about 10 games left in the historic, and have all of the all time domination left to finish. I've played 460 games in TTO. I've finished a few of the spotlight challenges the 70's and 80's working on the 90's now. I've also finished a few of the team challenges. 

I've tried the AH flipping (buy low, sell high) but that really didn't work out to well for me as i didn't know what cards to really focus on. I did make some MT off it. 

The way I'm looking at it now is if I can get as many of the HC cards done now it's just going to make it easier down the road. If this takes another 6 months then so be it. "slow and steady wins the race" although i would rather that be sooner than later , but then again maybe i'am looking at this completely wrong. 

All my MT goes to HC cards

VC I earn passively goes to buying the series 2 packs for 2,812 vc

Any tokens i earn through the dom, and spotlight games goes to the token rewards for players

If i get the 10 tokens in TTO ( from the vault ) I buy the legacy packs for the series 1 cards.

I appreciate all the tips and suggestions also the people putting the HC cards up for 7k you guys are heroes 

13 minutes ago, Allstillwell said:

I understand what you're saying, but at this point in the games life what else am i supposed to do?

The way I'm looking at it now is if I can get as many of the HC cards done now it's just going to make it easier down the road.

All my MT goes to HC cards

I appreciate all the tips and suggestions also the people putting the HC cards up for 7k you guys are heroes 

I get that approach for sure.  How far along are you on the premium cards? I personally worried those were the cards that run out. Some of those are truly limited in supply where as the heat checks are effectively all interchangeable.  I get about 2-3 heat checks a day through TTO ball drops, so I figured that would end up being the long road.  You guys know how to save your "missed drops" in TTO? 

Edited by cornhed

7 minutes ago, cornhed said:

I get that approach for sure.  How far along are you on the premium cards? I personally worried those were the cards that run out. Some of those are truly limited in supply where as the heat checks are effectively all interchangeable.  I get about 2-3 heat checks a day through TTO ball drops, so I figured that would end up being the long road.  You guys know how to save your "missed drops" in TTO? 

When I say TTO I forgot to mention I meant Triple Threat Offline, As I've never played the online portion of the game maybe that would be easier but I don't think i could win and at this point in the games life it's just gotta be a cheese fest. I assume you have to win to get a HC pack?

As for the premium cards I have 169 out of 592 ( I think I added it up correctly )