The Heat Check Panic Bidding is OUT OF CONTROL. May I suggest a better way forward?

cornhed

Ah gotcha. Yeah online will give you chances to get packs every 3-6 wins. The packs will rotate between heat check deluxe, flash, Moments, basketball packs (great way to collect cards especially if you are missing some of the reward or holiday basketballs), and a few other meh type packs. 

1 hour ago, Allstillwell said:

When I say TTO I forgot to mention I meant Triple Threat Offline, As I've never played the online portion of the game maybe that would be easier but I don't think i could win and at this point in the games life it's just gotta be a cheese fest. I assume you have to win to get a HC pack?

As for the premium cards I have 169 out of 592 ( I think I added it up correctly )

If you don't have 3 of the NIB/GOAT players, you'll get destroyed on TTO. While I was still collecting, I'd constantly face the budget cards in those packs which are automatically better than what I was running with. If you win, you only get a chance of maybe a HC pack being on the boards.

I still think TTOffline is the best way to go. Get the milestone rewards, use the tokens on the market, MT you acquire to buy any card that's in your range.

Have you collected the balls, historic uniforms, historic logos, courts and playbooks?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

If you don't have 3 of the NIB/GOAT players, you'll get destroyed on TTO. While I was still collecting, I'd constantly face the budget cards in those packs which are automatically better than what I was running with. If you win, you only get a chance of maybe a HC pack being on the boards.

I still think TTOffline is the best way to go. Get the milestone rewards, use the tokens on the market, MT you acquire to buy any card that's in your range.

Have you collected the balls, historic uniforms, historic logos, courts and playbooks?

I have 27/59 of the regular basketballs, and only 2/52 of the team basketballs. Historic uniforms i have almost all of them minus a few, same for the logos, courts, and playbooks

I'm sitting at 560 cards and I still haven't completed all of the Spotlight and Weekly Challenges. Is it feasible for me to get to 2900?

I was thinking about giving up by I bought a GOAT pack for 25k VC and pulled GOAT Michael Jordan, which sparked my motivation again. But  I have other games I want to play and wondering if it's feasible to get to 2900 still and if I should just keep pushing for it.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Tora Chan said:

I'm sitting at 560 cards and I still haven't completed all of the Spotlight and Weekly Challenges. Is it feasible for me to get to 2900?

I was thinking about giving up by I bought a GOAT pack for 25k VC and pulled GOAT Michael Jordan, which sparked my motivation again. But  I have other games I want to play and wondering if it's feasible to get to 2900 still and if I should just keep pushing for it.

Thanks

It's going to be near impossible for you I would think.

For perspective of how much MT you'll need, if you sell your GOAT Jordan, you'll probably get 10 Heat Checks in echange.

If you did want to do the spotlight and weekly challenges then you should buy whatever cards you can afford and reassess when you've completed enough of them. 

If you haven't done Dwyane Wade or Andre Iguodala, then you won't get too far on those as there are cards you need that aren't in their respective packs anymore and extinct from AH. If they do get listed, they're selling for over 200k.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

If you did want to do the spotlight and weekly challenges then you should buy whatever cards you can afford and reassess when you've completed enough of them. 

If you haven't done Dwyane Wade or Andre Iguodala, then you won't get too far on those as there are cards you need that aren't in their respective packs anymore and extinct from AH. If they do get listed, they're selling for over 200k.

For both Wade and AI, I only have 1/17 of them complete. The only Spotlight Challenge I actually fully completed was the "Spotlight Sim: Southwest" which was only 5/5. I'm also only 18/99 for All-Time Domination, having completed the other two already. 

For weekly challenges, I only have 11 out out 210. I just got into MyTeam a few weeks ago, and I definitely have a lot to finish, but didn't want to waste the time of grinding through everything if I would just end up coming short anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Tora Chan said:

For both Wade and AI, I only have 1/17 of them complete. The only Spotlight Challenge I actually fully completed was the "Spotlight Sim: Southwest" which was only 5/5. I'm also only 18/99 for All-Time Domination, having completed the other two already. 

For weekly challenges, I only have 11 out out 210. I just got into MyTeam a few weeks ago, and I definitely have a lot to finish, but didn't want to waste the time of grinding through everything if I would just end up coming short anyway. 

I wouldn't bother with weekly challenges. The MT and Tokens you'd get from them, you'll get just as many from Spotlight or Domination as well as cards towards your collection. Also at this stage in the game and you just starting, TTOffline would be fantastic when the vault opens. 

10 hours ago, Tora Chan said:

Thanks

With enough time, everything is possible. It's gonna be a hell of a grind however and will take a substantial amount of time playing the AH well. I figure I have spent some around 6 to 7 million on the AH and will need another 600k to 1.5 million to finish (depending on whether or not I finish domination).

If I were at 560 cards right now, knowing what I know now, I would not go for it..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TV34 said:

Finally got down to only needing 190 cards but with the lowest priced cards I need being no less than 15k is extremely disheartening. This might be more of a grind now that I'm in the home stretch unfortunately

Completed all of the offline content?

If you work the AH well, you should be able to make somewhere between 500k to a million per week in profit, try to keep that in mind so that 190 isnt really that bad ;)

13 hours ago, TV34 said:

Finally got down to only needing 190 cards but with the lowest priced cards I need being no less than 15k is extremely disheartening. This might be more of a grind now that I'm in the home stretch unfortunately

Never give up! I only have 1276 cards but still have a lot of the single player content to do. I'm still grinding even though sometimes I feel physically ill playing this game.

Edited by Allstillwell

11 hours ago, Royze said:

Completed all of the offline content?

If you work the AH well, you should be able to make somewhere between 500k to a million per week in profit, try to keep that in mind so that 190 isnt really that bad ;)

I completed all but Dwayne Wade, Isiah Thomas, Andre Igudala and Jason Kidd challenges for offline cards.

I'm sure after another month I'll be able to get it. If the grind gets too unbearable I'll just auction off Durant, LeBron, Yao & MJ GOAT and hopefully get 200K-400K each.

3 hours ago, TV34 said:

I completed all but Dwayne Wade, Isiah Thomas, Andre Igudala and Jason Kidd challenges for offline cards.

I'm sure after another month I'll be able to get it. If the grind gets too unbearable I'll just auction off Durant, LeBron, Yao & MJ GOAT and hopefully get 200K-400K each.

If I had those cards, id have sold em. 

Selling of the collection after obtaining GOAT should be enough to buy em right back. Unless you locked everything in..

8 hours ago, TV34 said:

As someone who went around buying those players, they are going for around

Durant: 400k

LeBron: PG around 1mill, SF around 600k

Yao: 300-400k

MJ: 160k

The MJ I bought didn't have Diamond contract though, so if yours has it, then maybe pushing 200k.

As @Royze said, I would've sold them and use that MT to buy all the HC under 15K. You may have already finished the collection with that.

Edited by kevinyang82

How easy have people found it to "organise" card sharing? Like im comfortable with finding someone to finish this off but my concern is physically  getting the cards sold to each other accross the AH

Im im putting time, trust  and effort into it i dont want to "lose" a load of cards that might get sniped whilst trying to send someone/or receive cards from someone on the AH

Im on 2486/2900 atm but can get to probs close to 2600 with Spotlights and TT offline grinding, but i wont waste 100 hours doing that grind unless i know it'll get me over the line

4 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

As someone who went around buying those players, they are going for around

Durant: 400k

LeBron: PG around 1mill, SF around 600k

Yao: 300-400k

MJ: 160k

The MJ I bought didn't have Diamond contract though, so if yours has it, then maybe pushing 200k.

As @Royze said, I would've sold them and use that MT to buy all the HC under 15K. You may have already finished the collection with that.

I'll probably sell all the profitable GOATs I have besides MJ since I'm using him to complete the last few wins of Triple Threat Offline. I'm just not sure when to post the GOATs since I'm not sure when the auction house is the most active.

2 hours ago, TV34 said:

I'll probably sell all the profitable GOATs I have besides MJ since I'm using him to complete the last few wins of Triple Threat Offline. I'm just not sure when to post the GOATs since I'm not sure when the auction house is the most active.

Weekend are best time to sell. Trouble with this is that a lot of people know this and safe the most profitable sales for the weekend so that supply will probably be greater. You could try posting thursday evening with a 24 hour window so the auction will expire Friday night. Also keep in mind that the US is more active than Europe.

9 hours ago, TV34 said:

I'm in Australia, so I set my auctions to end when I'm asleep as the rest of the world is awake.

I'd probably sell Durant and Yao before LeBron as those two have decent stock levels so you can buy them back easier. LeBron, depending on the version, is in very limited supply.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:15 PM, Allstillwell said:

Never give up! I only have 1276 cards but still have a lot of the single player content to do. I'm still grinding even though sometimes I feel physically ill playing this game.

Is the trophy even worth it at this point?

55 minutes ago, Malex595 said:

depends on whether you are willing to commit the better part of your day for the next 2 months....

I think Tora was referring to the statement about feeling physically ill playing the game. But yeah it will take longer and longer wich each passing day to achieve this trophy and will take a serious time investment.  You could also take your chances and take it slow knowing that the servers will be up for some time, but im afraid supply will decrease even more than it already has

• Like 1

Hey guys, I don't want to sound like the Grim Reaper, but I want to add a PSA for anyone still attempting this (or thinking about doing it). While it's still 100% doable even if you started today, I am currently 130 cards off with around 75 "offline" cards still available, so in effect only needing 60 cards from the AH. However, I am now struggling to bag cards less than 15k (and I'm not just talking about HC). I still find the occasional 12k-13k card here and there, but ever since reaching the last 150 card threshold, every card for the most part has been >= 15k. Now this could be due to my timezone (AUS), but I'm usually active when the rest of the world is awake. 

In saying that, I would still encourage those with at least 2000 cards to attempt it, and even those with less but for some reason are adamant about getting this trophy to go for it.

As a reference for those who don't AH flip, I have completed all Domination modes, all All-Time Spotlight Sims, 7 Spotlight Sims, KG and Dwight Spotlights and 2300 games of TTOffline. As you can see, my main source of cards and MT come from grinding TTOffline, what's more is after finishing GO Dominique, TTOffline no longer rewards you with card packs or tokens and a vast majority will only come from opening the vault. I expect to have played 3000 games of TTOffline when im done, but obviously if you can flip the AH then you won't need to play this much.

In short, while still absolutely 100% possible, the grind is only worth it if you really want this trophy. For me, this will be my first and only 2K plat, for Kobe.