Method to recover coins already spent

For those running short of monocoins near the end of game, when you are trying to buy the whole gallery as well as get all the presents from the monomono machine, there is already a save-reload method to get the gallery trophy, then reload to recover the coins.

I found a method to also recover coins spent in the monomono machine, if you did not get any new presents (and thus wasted the coins).

It is easier to describe using an example:

- From anywhere in school mode, make a save (I will call this Save A).

- Quit to the main menu, then select Extras, then School Store to get to the monomono machine.

- Let's say you have 100 coins.  You spend 10 in the machine, but don't get any new presents. Coins = 90.

- Back out of the monomono machine with Circle. Coins = 90.

- Back out of the Extras menu with Circle.  The game will ask if you want to save.  Select No.

- From the main menu, select School Mode, then select Continue.

- You will enter school mode at your last save (Save A). Press square and you will still see Coins = 90.  Select Quit to main menu.

- Back at Main Menu, select Extras, and School Store.  Now, Coins = 100 again.

I don't know if this is a bug or a save exploit, but it works consistently for me.

Note that if you DO get new presents in the monomono machine and you want to lock them in, just back out of the Store and Extras menus, and select YES to save.  Create a new save (Save B).  You can then re-enter the Store and try your luck with more coins. 

I used this most effectively when I had a few presents left to get, and I could boost the % chance of a new present to 30-50% by spending a bunch of coins. If I got a new one, I saved.  If I didn't, I used the method above to try again with the same coins.

• Like 1