[VIDEO] Vampyr Platinum Walkthrough in 07:30:01 hours

Optinooby

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hey everyone,

Free on PSplus Oct 2020 and it's on PSNow so thought I would have a dabble see if it's any good and whether a optimal guide will save much time!!

I'll explain everything along the way, this will take between 5-10 hours. Been through it already, and messed about with things a lot so can't be sure on exacts yet but definitely before 10. ONLY neccessary stuff is collected/done and cutscenes/dialogue is skipped where possible, so the hope is that you can follow this but not be spoiled too much and then experience it for yourself.

Things will be explained so you will know what you can/can't do along the way and we will be keeping things fast but also easy! Here is the Prologue and Chapter 1, the rest will go up as it's done, enjoy ;)

Awesome! So, will you be showing us where to save to the cloud? So, we will not have to do more then one run of the game?

Just now, Optinooby said:

Yes m8, I actually do the first save in this  part actually!! 

I'll be telling what bin to loot, where it is, who to talk to, what to say, what to upgrade, what to buy etc etc xD

As with most RPGs, time is spent running around, looting, figuring things out, knowing EXACTLY what to do for platinum is what speeds it all up. 

Don't mistake it for thinking you HAVE to follow me step by step though, i'll be explaining stuff as we go, letting you know what we can/can't do, so if you do want to explore out of my route, its all good xD

Great job! Naw I just bought gravity rush for 9 dollars LOL Just play this one till I get into other games ;)

8 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'm definitely interested in this.  

Feel its going to take me a few weeks from now till its finished, lots of practice going into parts as I have to memorise everything to give it a nice flow but think the finished product wil be very helpful for any1 wishing to use it! 

The Trophy Guide is great here and I advise that to anyone wanting to make there own path blind, options are nice ;)

Personally, my first blind noob run destroyed me, some bosses with me being ill equipped, damn they were hard

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, Spaz said:

You must enjoy speedrunning as a hobby. Got a bunch of games you've posted that were all done fairly quickly.

Im not sure if im classed as an actual speedrunner as speedrunning this plat would be VERY fast and such a route wouldnt necessarily help newcomers.

Im more along the lines that I enjoy creating optimal beginner roadmaps rather than general ones that we see. 

Kinda like all those Ratalika type guides we see or 30 minute platinum guides, I just like to apply that approach to bigger AAA games xD

1 hour ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx mate i use this for my platinum ^^

Parts 2 and 3 will be up on Thurs, that will take is into Chapter 3 and about 90-120 mins into the guide which we will be doing a bit of looting along the way just to stock up ready. 

Then part 4 onwards will go VERY fast as no more looting except for essentials. My platinum time estimate so far for the guide is currently near 10 hours, but I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up closer to 5 hours xD

Most time consumed will be down to your end and how much you want to engage the story. If you're reading every note, going for all dialogue, doing all investigations (I only do a select few that lead to something valuable), then 30 mins of footage from this guide could potentially take you hours to cover ;)

All down to you, i'll just be showing you minimum requirements here!! 

Edited by Optinooby

Just now, Celestial_Lily said:

!! Awesome! I've used your RE2Remake guides and they were so helpful. Thank you for making one for this game! :)

Pleasure is mine, you can still do your own thing along the way, this will help you keep track of everything at least and keep the difficulty down ;)

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Im not sure if im classed as an actual speedrunner as speedrunning this plat would be VERY fast and such a route wouldnt necessarily help newcomers.

Im more along the lines that I enjoy creating optimal beginner roadmaps rather than general ones that we see. 

Kinda like all those Ratalika type guides we see or 30 minute platinum guides, I just like to apply that approach to bigger AAA games xD

Parts 2 and 3 will be up on Thurs, that will take is into Chapter 3 and about 90-120 mins into the guide which we will be doing a bit of looting along the way just to stock up ready. 

Then part 4 onwards will go VERY fast as no more looting except for essentials. My platinum time estimate so far for the guide is currently near 10 hours, but I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up closer to 5 hours xD

Most time consumed will be down to your end and how much you want to engage the story. If you're reading every note, going for all dialogue, doing all investigations (I only do a select few that lead to something valuable), then 30 mins of footage from this guide could potentially take you hours to cover ;)

All down to you, i'll just be showing you minimum requirements here!! 

Great news i have game in downloads, after have all yours video i started with my platinum run 

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

God bless you @Optinooby! Your miniguide for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and your full one for Alien Isolation were phenomenal and I look forward to using this one as well. Keep up the great work!

And you my fellow noob xD

3 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Are you planning on posting the YT levels here or somewhere else?  

I will, i'll add them here as I upload them. Parts 2 and 3 will be up on Thurs and hopefully guide will be done within a week or so aftetwards

2 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

Thanks dude!

No probs ;)

5 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Great news i have game in downloads, after have all yours video i started with my platinum run 

Sounds like a plan!! I'll try not to take to long!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

So, considering the platinum guide, these videos would be an optimal way to do the pacifist run.

Sure thing, along with everything else xD. Guess if you're just going for pacifist though, can probably avoid last few hours of the guide!

Currently editing part 2 & 3 btw every1, each are actually bout an hour so will keep you busy. Takes us into Chapter 3 and gets all the looting out the way!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Started Vampyr this morning.  Any tips/ideas along with your guide would be helpful!  I'm trying for the pacifist run.

Part 2 just went up, part 3 will be up in an hour.

What kind of tips,if you are following the guide you wont need any as all will be inside. Let me know if you are only planning on 'briefly' following it and what other trophies you are going for and I'll provide tips to help with that ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Let me know if you are only planning on 'briefly' following it and what other trophies you are going for and I'll provide tips to help with that ;)

NVM, wanted to try to just glance at your guide if I died repeatedly or got stuck for this first run.  Didn't realize you went into such nice detail on skills and weapons!

Edited by Lorajet

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey, we are doing an event where people are trying to plat this game on Oct 31. Do you want to post your video in that thread also?

I dunno m8, will probably just get lost in the comments there unless TC was to lob it in the OP which I doubt. Its here I guess if anyone cares to glance at the threads xD

10 hours ago, Lorajet said:

NVM, wanted to try to just glance at your guide if I died repeatedly or got stuck for this first run.  Didn't realize you went into such nice detail on skills and weapons!

Ah yea, I try to be xplain stuff where I can, I think its nice for the viewer to understand the reasoning, plus I need to talk abt something xD

One I just worked out while running for Part 4 which covers ALL if Chapter 3 is that you can actually MAX upgrade your shotgun and its modifiers before the strongest fight yet at end of Chapter 3!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, SkyFight0r said:

Thank you for all the great Guides! I followed your Salt & Sanctuary Platinum Guide. It was on point and just only the things what is need to Platinum and not more. Perfect!

Will surely follow this guide for Vampyr. 

No worries friend, glad to help xD

Can help but mention the Chapter 3 end boss strategy we have xD, we kill it in at lvl15 in about 20 secs on a No Embrace run AND with the Vicar alive........... And to think I struggled SO much on that boss on my first blindthrough, honestly, hours I spent on it. Goes to show how much easier/quicker things can be with a bit of planning and optimisation ;)

• Like 2