[VIDEO] Vampyr Platinum Walkthrough in 07:30:01 hours

Optinooby

Guide is almost complete for anyone hoping to get started this weekend and have been waiting. Thats 6 parts up so far out of 8 and the total platinum time will be between 7 and 8 hours. Part 7 will be where we finish the game and part 8 is the cleanup which should all be up later today or tomorrow :)

On 10/3/2020 at 7:07 PM, Optinooby said:

Yes m8, I actually do the first save in this  part actually!! 

I'll be telling what bin to loot, where it is, who to talk to, what to say, what to upgrade, what to buy etc etc xD

As with most RPGs, time is spent running around, looting, figuring things out, knowing EXACTLY what to do for platinum is what speeds it all up. 

Don't mistake it for thinking you HAVE to follow me step by step though, i'll be explaining stuff as we go, letting you know what we can/can't do, so if you do want to explore out of my route, its all good xD

I've even gone as far as to NOT loot any of enemies except for FIXED drops. Enemies types have small loot tables but what they drop is random, so I could get a REAL lucly bunch of drops, and you the viewer could get REAL bad luck, thus making it so you cant follow. To prevent this I font loot enemies but YOU can, I only loot fixed containers so if anything, you should be better off mostly. I know thats a bit extreme, its more of a safeguard though on my end!! 

thank you for the amount of detail you put into this. havent played the game but was thinking of it. these detailed guides sometimes make a game better. i wasnt to interested in the game but sometimes watching a guide and somewhat virtually playing it with someone else lets me explore a game i wouldnt usually consider playing. ive only made about 4 guides myself but in just those few i realize how much time it takes to make a actual guide and/or a video guide. kudos!

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

thank you for the amount of detail you put into this. havent played the game but was thinking of it. these detailed guides sometimes make a game better. i wasnt to interested in the game but sometimes watching a guide and somewhat virtually playing it with someone else lets me explore a game i wouldnt usually consider playing. ive only made about 4 guides myself but in just those few i realize how much time it takes to make a actual guide and/or a video guide. kudos!

Glad to help bud and final part will be up tomoz so is all complete just about. 

Its a fun game m8, but it can crash quite a bit so expect a few 

• Like 1

That's it, the walkthrough is complete, the final video/platinum time is 07:30:00 so fairly quick, if somebody was to PURELY speedrun this you could probably cut off an hr or 2. Just going to upload a FULL vid as an extra for any1 that likes full game videos!!

Hope it helps every1 xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Montyzu said:

Can anyone tell me if Mary bites the priest will I lose the trophy "not even once"?

I cant stop her, I shoot her a couple times and she bites him every time.

Hopefully not to l8, yea doesnt matter if Mary bites him, just DONT feast on him urself. 

You have to be quick and kill Mary to stop her feasting at 2/3 hp

13 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx for this great work mate

9 hours ago, Vextens said:

I've just finished part 4 of your walkthrough and it's amazing! I'm truly impressed with how well you've optimized everything. Thanks for putting the work into this!

Pleasure to help, it truly is a 'walkthrough' ;)

@Optinooby thanks for All the work, even if i will not use it for my first playthrough. 

I think its great to have a guide like this for everyone who is not able to plat it in the Initial playthrough. So if i miss some crucial trophies for the plat I'm happy to have a time optimized walkthrough :)

26 minutes ago, Inuty said:

@Optinooby thanks for All the work, even if i will not use it for my first playthrough. 

I think its great to have a guide like this for everyone who is not able to plat it in the Initial playthrough. So if i miss some crucial trophies for the plat I'm happy to have a time optimized walkthrough :)

(time AND difficulty optimized, if it was just time this would be a bit quicker) 

Totally agree my friend, im a firm believer that the more options a player has the better, this guide is just another option :)

Edited by Optinooby

20 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Good guide but l have a question to ask. I realized you never drained blood while in combat. Does it void the trophy? Please tell me no because l am almost end game and l've been doing that to regenarate my blood lol

Nope, doesn’t void the trophy. Don’t drain blood from any citizen in the citizen menu or story related encounter.

2 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Sweet, then l am safe. Cheers for the reply mate

To be a bit more specific because I think you can interprete it differently, don’t drain blood in story encountered cutscenes. It’s okay to drain blood from bosses (at least I did it and got the trophy)

1 minute ago, Inuty said:

To be a bit more specific because I think you can interprete it differently, don’t drain blood in story encountered cutscenes. It’s okay to drain blood from bosses (at least I did it and got the trophy)

Yeah, l got you pal. I was being extra careful and only drained those who attacked me anyways. Didn't kill anyone who can be found on menu tab as citizens

10 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Yeah, l got you pal. I was being extra careful and only drained those who attacked me anyways. Didn't kill anyone who can be found on menu tab as citizens

Yeah ur fine m8 as Inuty kindly said

All you cannot do is EMBRACE and DO NOT BITE the vicar during the Ch3 fight, anything else if fair game

I dont just because I abuse the stunlock and we have Liston Knife for blood. And you cant bite final boss which is another reason I dont want us to get to reliant on it ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Yeah ur fine m8 as Inuty kindly said

All you cannot do is EMBRACE and DO NOT BITE the vicar during the Ch3 fight, anything else if fair game

I dont just because I abuse the stunlock and we have Liston Knife for blood. And you cant bite final boss which is another reason I dont want us to get to reliant on it ;)

Sweet, that's how l played the game only difference is l turned McCullum, hope it won't make any difference too.
P.S : to me it was a bit tricky to backtrack this game, you really helped me on that one mate. Thanks again for good work

16 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Sweet, that's how l played the game only difference is l turned McCullum, hope it won't make any difference too.
P.S : to me it was a bit tricky to backtrack this game, you really helped me on that one mate. Thanks again for good work

Turn Mccullum is ok but now I think you will have to fight him again later, whereas the other way, you wont have!! 

12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Turn Mccullum is ok but now I think you will have to fight him again later, whereas the other way, you wont have!! 

For the sake of passing information, there was no second fight and he seemed friendly when we met again lol and yeah, it did not void trophy or whatsoever

• Like 1

this is probably a dumb question, so please don't be out for blood.  i'm well into part 3, but i can't figure out how to swap on the fly to the lipson knife to absorb blood like you are. that OP main weapon seems to hog both slots. i tried equipping the knife in slot 2 and using the dpad, but that failed to have any effect,. 

39 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

this is probably a dumb question, so please don't be out for blood.  i'm well into part 3, but i can't figure out how to swap on the fly to the lipson knife to absorb blood like you are. that OP main weapon seems to hog both slots. i tried equipping the knife in slot 2 and using the dpad, but that failed to have any effect,. 

Try again, you assign Mace to Main weapon and for Off hand Sword/machete/saw in one slot (Square) and Liston knife in the other (Triangle), you swap from Main to Off weapon with D-pad: Left-Right

Edit: Check Video #2 42:25

Edited by GoldenShaka