guess there goes all my hard work

7 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

so i finally get to the final boss the cut scene loads then blam my whole save data gone in a second 

I feel with you....I hate it that bugs like this exist.....I got this in lego star wars. it destroys the motiviation to play again :(. Do you have an old savefile in ps plus storage?

• Like 2

This just happened to me. I was restarting a level after dying during a Perfect Relic run and my game crashed. If I weren't writing the trophy guide for this game currently, then I would have just hung it up and called it a day. Guess it's time to start over.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

PS Plus is worthwhile for the online storage alone

If you care about your progress and can't afford to lose your save files, it's our responsibility to backup the saves. You forfeit the right to complain if you never once tried to backup your progress.

Having said that, a recent firmware update on PS4 makes me wonder if it deliberately put a timebomb on our PS4s in an attempt to push more PS5s. Tinfoil hats aside, it could happen.

15 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

OK< so what happened to standards here? It used to be that it was unacceptable for a game/system to corrupt your save data, now you say it's the PLAYER that should be held accountable?

Games release incomplete more by the day. I'm not saying it's right, but we've seen over the years that we can't afford to expect games not to crash, glitch or possibly corrupt our data.

If you can't take responsibility for your own inaction, you forfeit the right to point the finger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Bullshit. I'll point the finger all I damn want at bad programming.

You're free to do that rather than take responsibility for your own actions, but it wont un-fuck your save file. Good luck.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:25 PM, Helyx said:

You're free to do that rather than take responsibility for your own actions, but it wont un-fuck your save file. Good luck.

I wasn't in group of programmers responsible for making the game fuck up save files. Noone else should have to take responsibility for ANYTHING here.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 4

On 04/10/2020 at 3:49 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

It's an easter egg of the PAL version of the original Spyro 3.

I have that version still and it never did this, I am glad I haven't purchased this game yet- I hope that Toys for Bob, whom did a good job with the Spyro Remaster [ although I wish they had allowed Spyro to use the Boost Stars in the Bonus round to create permanent boost like I was able to do originally.  So I am sort of glad the Bonus round wasn't for Platinum, but hopefully TFB will patch the game [ Crash ].  

9 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

You, sir, are an idiot. 

It doesn’t matter if you got “used to” games having bugs, glitches or crashes. It’s just not right and it’s up to the game developer to make it right, fix it or make it so it never happens in the first place. That’s what you are paying for. 

If I bought a brand new car and it exploded or my wheels suddenly disappeared, it was my fault?

C’mon man. Seriously...

Yes it is the game developers responsibility to create patches for the game, given that this game was quite pricey and we know that its nearing the end of the PS4, although games are still being created for it, its not being phased out like the PS3 is.  So they need to patch it, you forked out some £55 or whatever country equivalent of that.  Of course backing up is probably wise, I should do it too and I don't.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Helyx said:

I back up my save files, so I'm (at the very least) not the only idiot here.

I think you forgot PS+ costs money too. Yes, there's also flash drives that costs $10 but that still costs money. As well, let me remind you that $10 means one or more meals for some people especially if they just bought a $60 game. And don't try to be smug about them buying games if they're short on money. Everyone needs entertainment or they're likely to go insane.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

yes but you shouldn't have to pay $60 to have a potential fix to the developers fuck up

You don't have to pay for PS+ at all to backup your save file, a simple £5 USB flash drive can be used as well.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:29 PM, RedRodriguez87 said:

I wasn't in group of programmers responsible for making the game fuck up save files. Noone else should have to take responsibility for ANYTHING here.

This is the same logic as not looking both ways when crossing a road, yes you shouldn't have to as people shouldn't be driving around dangerously BUT it is you that ultimately suffers if you don't take extra precautions.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

And don't try to be smug about them buying games if they're short on money. Everyone needs entertainment or they're likely to go insane.

Which is even more reason to protect their investment by backing up your fucking save files.

• Like 1