guess there goes all my hard work

could be a hdd going bad as well. Its not always the game causing it to corrupt. Guy on tik tok has been replacing a bunch of the stock 500gb hdd going bad on PS4s lately. Ive put a 2TB in and switched to loading games off an external 4TB hdd and have never had a single corrupt save this gen all dating back to 2014.

7 hours ago, Helyx said:

Which is even more reason to protect their investment by backing up your fucking save files.

You don't understand what people are trying to tell you. If a game crashes on a console, that's almost always dev's fault as all PS4s are basically identical and its easier to optimize and patch the game than on PC. Sure, it's smart to backup your saves, but devs shouldn't expect that from you, as it's their job to make sure that their game won't delete your progress. So when that happens you can point your finger at them and complain all day, no matter if you do backups or not

• Like 2

On 10/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, Martain2 said:

This is the same logic as not looking both ways when crossing a road, yes you shouldn't have to as people shouldn't be driving around dangerously BUT it is you that ultimately suffers if you don't take extra precautions.

Difference is I'm not paying $40-$60 to own/cross that road.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 7:45 AM, RedRodriguez87 said:

Difference is I'm not paying $40-$60 to own/cross that road.

So why don't you just get a cheap USB stick as a fail safe in case the worst happens? It shouldn't be a thing that we should worry about but if you aren't prepared to even do that knowing what can (and does) happen you're just looking for any reason to avoid responsibility so you can start the blame game.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 10:55 AM, Martain2 said:

So why don't you just get a cheap USB stick as a fail safe in case the worst happens? It shouldn't be a thing that we should worry about but if you aren't prepared to even do that knowing what can (and does) happen you're just looking for any reason to avoid responsibility so you can start the blame game.

These people don't want solutions, they just wanna bitch. They can watch me back up my save files twice a week.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Or, how about the devs make a game that doesn't ruin saves?

Faulty programming that could ruin hours you put into a game through no fault of your own is NOT a scenario where people are just looking to complain.

Edited by RedRodriguez87
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Or, how about the devs make a game that doesn't ruin saves?

Faulty programming that could ruin hours you put into a game through no fault of your own is NOT a scenario where people are just looking to complain.

At no point have I said (or even suggested) that they should be so lacking in quality control that this should even be a talking point, however seeing as this is evidentially a problem with quite a few games recently not making regular backups of your saves will only inconvenience you at the end of the day.