I want variety on my trophy list - please advise

Clavietka

Hi everyone,

I view my trophies as the history of my gaming (and life) experience from 2013 (the year I started teaching) on, as well as my love for the video games medium. If u guys look at my profile, you'll notice that I like a vast array of game types, and I'm always looking for new experiences. I have platted almost every game featured on top 10s/25s of PS3 and I also have a HUGE library with many rare games I haven't started (El Shadday, We Love Katamari, Majin & the forsaken kingdom, 3d dot game heroes), and these kirky games define me as a person. I'll eventually add all of them to my list. But what other genres, sub genres, developers, influential franchises, old school ports, etc am I missing? Please advise me on what to buy. For example, I know I don't have any shmup for PS3, and I don't have a single sports game in my account. I do have RTS games (XCOM: enemy within; Red Alert 3), but I haven't started them.

TL;DR - take a look at my profile and advise me on what games would help me diversify my trophy list. Don't be afraid to share your own perosonal hidden gems - some of the best games are often overlooked.

Thanks in advance. Have a gr8 day y'all.

https://psnprofiles.com/Clavietka

Edited by Clavietka
  • Like 3

Hmm, if it's for  diversifying your game collection, I find a lack of Hack and Slash, Action RPG, First Person Shooters and Racing.

Without branching out too much, hack and slash, you could try the Devil may Cry series, Crash Bandicoot is a classic forplatformers,  and the Nitro Fuel game also happens to be a kart racing game (one of the best imo), unfortunately  it's ps4 only, action rpg, well, perhaps Skyrim? As it also happens to be open world, and it's pretty famous. Fps, the COD games you have are pretty old, perhaps you'll like more Battlefield? If so, I suggest Battlefield  as a game to pick, otherwise, try Black Ops 1 for the ps3, the best storyline  of the bunch imo, and the gameplay is also different from the two CODs you have, other important  series is the action rpg  Kingdom Hearts from Square  Enix, you can get the remasters on ps3, but it'll be cheaper on ps4, there's also Mortal Kombat, but all ps3 games have unobtainable platinums, conversely, you can get the platinum  in Injustice on the ps3, but it's quite hard, on the topic of fighting games, there should be a marvel vs capcom 3 with an easier trophy list on ps3.

That's all I can remember at the moment, I would definitely  start with Skyrim.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Hmm, if it's for  diversifying your game collection, I find a lack of Hack and Slash, Action RPG, First Person Shooters and Racing.

Without branching out too much, hack and slash, you could try the Devil may Cry series, Crash Bandicoot is a classic forplatformers,  and the Nitro Fuel game also happens to be a kart racing game (one of the best imo), unfortunately  it's ps4 only, action rpg, well, perhaps Skyrim? As it also happens to be open world, and you don't have much from Bethesda. Fps, the COD games you have are pretty old, perhaps you'll like more Battlefield? If so, I suggest Battlefield  as a game to pick, otherwise, try Black Ops 1 for the ps3, the best storyline  of the bunch imo, and the gameplay is also different, other important  series is the action rpg  Kingdom Hearts from Square  Enix, you can get the remasters on ps3, but it'll be cheaper on ps4, there's also Mortal Kombat, but all ps3 games have unobtainable platinums, conversely, you can get the platinum  in Injustice on the ps3, but it's quite hard, on the topic of fighting games, there should be a marvel vs capcom 3 with an easier trophy list on ps3.

That's all I can remember at the moment, I would definitely  start with Skyrim.

That's what I meant! Thanks for the input.

Hack'n slash: I have all GoW games; I have DmC HD collection; I plan to plat Bayonetta on PS4 (better fps, lovely art direction); I may go for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (ouch)

Action RPG: I've platted Dragon's Dogma (loved it, I could go for the remaster, but I don't like stacks); I'll definitely plat Skyrim on PS4 (no save file size issues); from Bethesda I only have Fallout 3 and NV IIRC; I own the KH remasters for PS3, but I'm inclined to start them on PS4 (is it better?)

1st person: I'm not into military shooters, but I love WWII games and games with an identity (Borderlands, Bioshock), having said that, I'll definitely plat CoD MW remastered and Battlefield One. I don't know if I want to suffer thru Black Ops MP (advice?).

Fighting Games: you are right, the MK series is not represented at all. I'll go for the Arcade Kollection and call it a day (it's FAR from my favorite series); I'm not into Injustice GAU; I may go for Marvel vs Capcom 3 vanilla or MvC2 (I loved it back then,how hard is the plat? I have to buy it). I have plats for 2D and 3D fighters, but no wrestlers.

Racing games: yes, they are barely represented. The problem is that most of them have unobtainable plats. I only have 1 kart racing plat (LBP Karting, though I own El Chavo kart and Sonic ASR); NFS: HP plat (arcade style) and Ski-doo snowmobile (MetalJesusRocks' recommendation). I do own Gran Turismo 6 (simulator style). I wanted to have a motorbike, a rally, a boat game and many other sub-genres. 

Edited by Clavietka
  • Like 3

Nice profile, mate!! Plenty of games I've also played or am currently playing!!

Yeah, same as @scemopagliaccioh, you're missing on hack and slash type games. I'd personally recommend Darksiders games (get them on PS4, 1 and 2 are complete versions of the PS3 releases, and run better), the Castlevania Lords of Shadow games, Nights of Azure 1 and 2, Shadow of Mordor/War (go for the PS4 version of Mordor), Killer Is Dead (awesome game by Suda51), Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Star Wars The Force Unleashed (1 is the superior game, 2 feels sort of short, but it works).

Other games I can think of (assorted from many genres) are Hollow Knight, Bloodstained (RotM, and CotM 1 and 2), Little Nightmares (get the Complete Edition, you'll enjoy it), Gravity Rush 1 and 2 (the remaster of 1 is on PS4), The Nonary Games, Ni No Kuni (could be either on PS3 or PS4 for the first game), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Inside and Limbo (there's a dual pack on PS4), and the Souls games, starting on Demon's Souls on PS3, Dark Souls 1-3 on PS4 and Bloodborne.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Folkenio said:

Nice profile, mate!! Plenty of games I've also played or am currently playing!!

Yeah, same as @scemopagliaccioh, you're missing on hack and slash type games. I'd personally recommend Darksiders games (get them on PS4, 1 and 2 are complete versions of the PS3 releases, and run better), the Castlevania Lords of Shadow games, Nights of Azure 1 and 2, Shadow of Mordor/War (go for the PS4 version of Mordor), Killer Is Dead (awesome game by Suda51), Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Star Wars The Force Unleashed (1 is the superior game, 2 feels sort of short, but it works).

Other games I can think of (assorted from many genres) are Hollow Knight, Bloodstained (RotM, and CotM 1 and 2), Little Nightmares (get the Complete Edition, you'll enjoy it), Gravity Rush 1 and 2 (the remaster of 1 is on PS4), The Nonary Games, Ni No Kuni (could be either on PS3 or PS4 for the first game), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Inside and Limbo (there's a dual pack on PS4), and the Souls games, starting on Demon's Souls on PS3, Dark Souls 1-3 on PS4 and Bloodborne.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, man. I'm taking note of everything u guys are saying.

Darksiders: will definitely grab the remasters. Thanks.

Castlevania LoS: I have it, DLC included.

Shadow of Mordor (PS4): is on my to-do list (huge tolkien fan) // SoW, not

Killer is Dead: I have it (I think I have all Suda51 games for PS3)

Sekiro: will eventually do, gorgeous

SW TFU 1 (I can't buy the DLC here in Brazil... T.T I can't start it and not 100%) // SWTFU 2 (don't care)

Hollow Knight: lovely indie title, it's on the list

Ni no kuni (PS3): I own it. S2

Hellblade: YESSS! I'll get it

Inside & Limbo: thanks

Soulsborne games: you are right. I haven't started a single one. I'm considering starting the series on PS4 (better FPS). I may sell my copy of Demon's Souls and eventually settle for the remaster. I dunno

Gravity Rush: those look gr8

Bloodstained: that's metroidvania, right? Will deffo to this one

Games I don't know/ will research on:

Nights of Azure

Little Nightmares

Nonary

Nights of Azure looks gorgeous, it gives me some Eternal Poison (PS2) vibes - I wish EP got a remaster.

Little Nightmares - That's what I'm talking about - what a lovely art style

Nonary = not a priority. I'm not into visual novels and I already have Hakuoki, which I'll soon plat for variety purposes. But it wouldn't hurt to have these.

• Like 2

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus - made by the same team so the remasters of these come as a set on one disc for the PS3 

I don’t know if you’re wanting PS4 recommendations or not, but I second Little Nightmares. I’ve just finished this and it’s a brilliant little game. Also, The Last Guardian, that’s the same team as ICO and SOTC.

Nice list ?

22 minutes ago, Megatritionsts said:

Nice trophy list btw if you are still looking for the best wrestling games with obtainable platinum the only ones I can think of is WWE legends of wrestlemania and WWE smackdown vs raw 2010 they are all offline only and maybe 5 star wrestling I think for the ps3.

Thanks for the input. I was clueless about wrestling games. I'm not really into it, and I just wish that Rumble Roses got a remaster, LoL.

Now I'm split between WWE legends of wrestlemania and WWE smackdown vs raw 2010: the later seems to get better reviews, but the former seems to take itself less serious and at least feature 1 to to 2 characters I can recognize.

2 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus - made by the same team so the remasters of these come as a set on one disc for the PS3 

I don’t know if you’re wanting PS4 recommendations or not, but I second Little Nightmares. I’ve just finished this and it’s a brilliant little game. Also, The Last Guardian, that’s the same team as ICO and SOTC.

Nice list ?

Thanks. I do have the HD collection for ICO, SotC, but I'm intent on starting SotC on the PS4. How would you rate the remaster. And yes, TLG is beaaaautiful. In fact, I plan to grab my PS4 tomorrw, that's why I'm making sure I've experienced almost everything the PS3 has to offer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tecnal1 said:

I suggest: Child of light, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dishonored, the yakuza series, Heavy Rain, Sleeping Dogs, One Piece Pirate Warrior series, Bayonetta and Infamous 1&2

Child of Light: beautiful, that's a sure pick

Deus Ex: HR DE: I own it

Dishonored, Yakuza and Bayonetta: I'll start on PS4

Infamous 1 & 2: I've platted the later and already own the former

Heavy Rain: Platted

Sleeping Dogs: I plan to do it on the PS3, I heard the PS4 remaster has more fps drops

if youre not into fp shooters what about first person puzzle games? portal portal 2 for example. i recently finished 2 myself The Turing Test and The Spectrum resort. theyre portal ish games but not as long and obvioulsy no portals. would highly recommend them.

You know what? Do what I'm doing for PS3, here on PSNprofiles, go to "trophies" then put platinum and filter however you want and start playing. In my case Ps3>platinum> psnprof rarity > descending. Currently on Page2. 

Is the only thing I can tell you to add variety, try it out :D

9 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

if youre not into fp shooters what about first person puzzle games? portal portal 2 for example. i recently finished 2 myself The Turing Test and The Spectrum resort. theyre portal ish games but not as long and obvioulsy no portals. would highly recommend them.

Thanks for the input, man. Remember how I said I've platted almost every PS3 game featured on top 10/25? Well, my biggest regrets are the server closure of Portal 2, my total lack of stomach to endure months of Rayman Legends grinding, and GTA IV's online trophies (I don't care as much for this last one. I got burned out from GTA V and my love is for Vice City anyways). If someone would buy me a chinese digital copy of Rayman Legends, I'd plat it and not get 100% - the chinese PS4 version doesn't require the online for the platinum (It's not like my profile can ever get to 100% anyways, with Uncharted 3 and Pinballistik )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

Man, thanks so much. The Turing test and The Spectrum Retreat will have to suffice in place of Portal 2. I had NEVER heard from these games and they look noice.

5 minutes ago, ElrayMickaelius said:

Twin-Stick Shooters from Housemarque and you are gucci! Nice Profile

U caught my attention. Can u please elaborate? The only TSS I've platted are Alien Breed Games (still have to plat #2, tho)

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

Thanks. I do have the HD collection for ICO, SotC, but I'm intent on starting SotC on the PS4. How would you rate the remaster. And yes, TLG is beaaaautiful. In fact, I plan to grab my PS4 tomorrw, that's why I'm making sure I've experienced almost everything the PS3 has to offer.

That’s how I did it. ICO on PS3 and SOTC on PS4. I did have a go of the PS3 version years ago, the trophy list is somewhat harder than PS4’s version, due to the hard time attacks. It’s a beautiful game, I was in awe at the graphics and how they recreated the world, looking back on the original.

Crysis Remastered is a good FPS to add to your list, and not too hard to platinum. Instead of a military shooter it's more futuristic. CR doesn't have any multiplayer trophies. Maybe you'd also like Doom 3. One trophy requires you to beat the original Doom 3 story in 10 hrs. or less, but the others aren't too tough. You will have to do a nightmare run on each of the 3 campaigns. Nightmare has your health drain over time, but you get the Soul Cube (kill enemies and regain health... it takes 5 kills to charge) to start with.

For the action RPG genre, look into the Ys series and Nier: Automata

While I've played it on PC but not PS4, I'll recommend Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (and Cyberpunk 2077... I have nothing but good feelings about it).

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Crysis Remastered is a good FPS to add to your list, and not too hard to platinum. Instead of a military shooter it's more futuristic. CR doesn't have any multiplayer trophies. Maybe you'd also like Doom 3. One trophy requires you to beat the original Doom 3 story in 10 hrs. or less, but the others aren't too tough. You will have to do a nightmare run on each of the 3 campaigns. Nightmare has your health drain over time, but you get the Soul Cube (kill enemies and regain health... it takes 5 kills to charge) to start with.

For the action RPG genre, look into the Ys series and Nier: Automata

While I've played it on PC but not PS4, I'll recommend Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (and Cyberpunk 2077... I have nothing but good feelings about it).

I might do Crysis, yes, coz of no online, and also it's relevance to gaming. It surely will bring some diversity to my FPS experiences.

I've considered doing Doom 3, but online has scared me. I think I'll settle for the port of the classics and maybe the newer ones for the more franctic action, which is what I know the series for.

I had NEVER heard of the Ys series. Thanks.

This thread has been proving very informative for me (and I hope others too). For those asking me to do research, I already did. That's why I've got to know so many good/weird games. Now I want some educated opinions.

I now have some options for wrestling games, some tile suggestions for 1st Person Puzzle Games (very welcomed), and some advices for action rpgs and FPS.

I'm a bit clueless about:

Musou

Shmups

Roguelike

Grid based strategic RPGs

some racing games branches

Sports games in general (I abhor soccer games, so I might settle with Summer Stars and Sports Champions)

Edited by Clavietka

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

I've considered doing Doom 3, but online has scared me. I think I'll settle for the port of the classics and maybe the newer ones for the more franctic action, which is what I know the series for.

Actually, here's a bit of good news I forgot to mention... Doom 3 doesn't have any MP or online trophies. I'll admit Doom 3's gameplay is pretty different though. I didn't appreciate it so much at first because of that, but later it grew on me.

13 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Actually, here's a bit of good news I forgot to mention... Doom 3 doesn't have any MP or online trophies. I'll admit Doom 3's gameplay is pretty different though. I didn't appreciate it so much at first because of that, but later it grew on me.

Well, you learn something new every day. i didn't know that the PS4 had a port (remaster?) of Doom 3, and it indeed seems to lack the MP trophies, thankfully. I may plat that one. Seems a very atmospheric game, anyways.

16 hours ago, ElrayMickaelius said:

https://psnprofiles.com/games?developer=1006-housemarque

Nex Machina
Dead Nation
Matterfall

Is a great start especially when you liked Alien Breed Games, imo

just realised you are committed to ps3^^ well then it's only Dead Nation i guess

No problem, man. Dead Nation has been under my radar and I plan to get a PS4 this week anyways.

17 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

What about a game like Diablo 3? I didn't play it on PS3, but it was a blast on PS4, and would scratch the itch of both hack-and-slash as well as RPG.

The PS4 version is on my (quite huge) to do list. Thanks.