I want variety on my trophy list - please advise

Clavietka

Singularity, Spidermans( Amazing 1 and 2, shattered dimensions, edge of time... ) Dead Island goty and riptide, Aliens vs Predator, Saw 1 and 2,Deadpool, Xmen origins, Goldeneye 007, The cursed crusade, Resistance 3,Hitman: Absolution, The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Spec Ops: The Line, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Crysis 1 2 and 3, Remember Me, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel, Sniper Elite V2 and 3,Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Mafia II, Sleeping Dogs, Star Trek, L.A. Noire, Enemy Front, Prototype 2, Lost Planet 3, Fuse, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, Dead To Rights: Retribution, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Rage, Wolfenstein, The Saboteur

Edited by Eskolastiko
  • Like 1

Hmm, so, variety huh? ?

I'm in the same boat, I  like to explore many genres and subgenres.

Indies: Kung fu rabbit, closure, realms of ancient war, blood knights, outland, ninja pizza delivery, catlateral damage, stacking, costume quest, Guacameele, Trine games, undergarden, plants vs zombies, renegade ops, rabbi ribbi, gris, song of the deep, headlander, valley, children of morta.

Japanese stuff: Akiba's trip, Nights of Azure, Dynasty warriors games, Dragon Star Varnir, Gravity Rush, Senran Kagura games, Death end request, Steins Gate (visual novel), Persona 5, Fate extella link, Ys Lacrimosa of Dana, Atelier games (Sophie, Firis, Ryza, etc), Tales of games (Xillia, Graces f, Berseria, etc), Yomawari midnight shadows, Tokyo Xanadu Ex, Odin Sphere, Legend of heroes Trails of cold steel Series, code vein, Conception plus Maidens of the 12 stars.

Other games: Sleeping dogs (yes ps4 looks better, just got the platinum), Metro Series (Last light, 2033), Salt and sanctuary, little nightmares, indivisible, hollow knights, abzu, celeste, bloodstained, Styx, streets of rage 4, the saboteur, blades of time, Cabela's games, rage, fuse, metal gear rising, dragon's crown, f3ar, castlevanis lords of the shadows games, dragon age inquisition,  a plague tale Innocence, a way out, until dawn.

Edited by GoldenShaka

My list is pretty varied in my opinion I have as follows;

2D Fighter 1v1 - Persona 4 Arena

2D Fighter 3v3 - King of Fighters 13

3D Fighter - Dead or Alive 5

Kart Racer - Crash Nitro Fueled

Simulation Racing - Gran Turismo 5

Arcade Racing - Wipeout HD

Rhythm - Guitar Hero Van Halen

Western ARPG - Demon's Souls

Japanese ARPG - Star Ocean 4

Strategy RPG - Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice

Third Person Shooter - Vanquish

Hack N Slash - Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Action/Adventure - Batman Arkham Asylum

First Person Shooter - Wet

Platforming - Mirror's Edge

My current backlog is Metal Gear Rising, The Guided Fate Paradox, Devil May Cry 5 and Bayonetta. I was thinking of adding Super Meat Boy as well. I'm trying to find other genres myself but I'm not keen on too many online requirements that rely on other people for help.

Not sure if I put them in the correct genres but that is what I'd view them as :P

Edited by LancashireLad87

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I haven't answered to the past 3-4 posts, but I've been working on increasing my game (and trophy) collection. I've indeed bought my PS4 and I'm starting a little collection of quality/artistic titles and I'm taking your opinions into consideration. THANKS!

So far, I have (for PS4): 

Spyro, Crash and Medievil remakes (all classics that I loved back on PS1)

SotC remake and TLG (plus ICO on the PS3 collection, I'll have platted the whole trilogy, as suggested in this thread)

Battlefield 1 as suggested here - I don't have a single WW1 title, and this one was acclaimed by critics

* SF 30th anniversary collection - for nostalgia/respect for gaming history;

* L.A. Noire (I didn't get the plat on PS3)

* GoW 4; Horizon: ZD; The Witcher 3; AC Origins; Until Dawn = gr8 titles from this generation (also covering the much needed hack'n slash and horror genres)

I also got Ether One (thanks for this suggestion, guys); Abzû; and Song of the Deep (I'm still not sure is this was a good acquisition) - artistic titles

Portal Knights - sandbox RPG

Far Cry Primal - for the setting

FF XII

(all of the games are physical complete editions)

-----

I've also been hunting for rare/uncommon PS3 titles, and I've bought too many to remember which, but I'm creating a list separating them by genre/subgenre I plan to share with u guys. So far, I've noticed I don't have the following:

Musou

Shmup (horizontal/vertical)

Dancing

text adventure - is there any?

"interactive movie" (?)

Roguelike

Tactical RPG

"1st person party"

Construction/management simulation

Life simulation/pet raising

That's just to name a few. If anyone could give me suggestion on the above categories, that's highly appreciated. I've also played/platted many games since I've created the topic, but u can look it up yourselves. (I've finally started El Shaddai - crazy awesome game).

On 10/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

Hmm, if it's for  diversifying your game collection, I find a lack of Hack and Slash...

I second the hack n slash vote! I see you’ve got God of War 1 & 2 as well as Castlevania Mirrors of Fate, but I would HIGHLY recommend the rest of the God of War series as they are insanely fun games and easy to platinum, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, as well as some Devil May Cry games if you feel up for a challenge!

Another genre you’re missing almost entirely are metroidvanias! This is a genre I discovered this year and I’m absolutely in love with them. Check out Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Guacamelee, Salt & Sanctuary, Blasphemous, and maybe even Hollow Knight when it arrives on PS+ this month,

Also, I don’t see a single From Software game on your list. What da fuck!! Your list will always be incomplete until you’ve at least tried Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. 

Edited by dieselmanchild

34 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I second the hack n slash vote! I see you’ve got God of War 1 & 2 as well as Castlevania Mirrors of Fate, but I would HIGHLY recommend the rest of the God of War series as they are insanely fun games and easy to platinum, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, as well as some Devil May Cry games if you feel up for a challenge!

Another genre you’re missing almost entirely are metroidvanias! This is a genre I discovered this year and I’m absolutely in love with them. Check out Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Guacamelee, Salt & Sanctuary, Blasphemous, and maybe even Hollow Knight when it arrives on PS+ this month,

Also, I don’t see a single From Software game on your list. What da fuck!! Your list will always be incomplete until you’ve at least tried Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. 

Thanks for the input. I have all of the GoW games, except for Ascension, for which I don't care much. I'll make sure to plat 1, CoO, GoS and GOW4.

I also have Lords of Shadow complete and the Devil May Cry HD trilogy. I don't plan to finish all three in this lifetime (too much backlog). Which do u suggest I plat, DMC 1 or 3?

Yeah. Metroidvanias are awesome. I already have Castlevania LoS MoF; Teslagrad; Song of the Deep. I'll definitely get Bloodstained, Symphony of the Night and Guacamelee. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Yeah, I know it's a shame. I've skipped soulsborne games entirely on PS3. Luckily, they all got remasters with better FPS on PS4. I may go for the original Dark Souls and Sekiro.

Edited by Clavietka

23 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Thanks for the input. I have all of the GoW games, except for Ascension, for which I don't care much. I'll make sure to plat 1, CoO, GoS and GOW4.

I also have Lords of Shadow complete and the Devil May Cry HD trilogy. I don't plan to finish all three in this lifetime (too much backlog). Which do u suggest I plat, DMC 1 or 3?

Yeah. Metroidvanias are awesome. I already have Castlevania LoS MoF; Teslagrad; Song of the Deep. I'll definitely get Bloodstained, Symphony of the Night and Guacamelee. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Yeah, I know it's a shame. I've skipped soulsborne games entirely on PS3. Luckily, they all got remasters with better FPS on PS4. I may go for the original Dark Souls and Sekiro.

Dmc 1 is harder but shorter.

Stock up on items during your normal and hard playthrough, especially  invincibles to use for DMD.

Dmc 3 is longer but easier, use Vergil for your hard and up playthroughs and give Dante the yellow orb run.

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

I also have Lords of Shadow complete and the Devil May Cry HD trilogy. I don't plan to finish all three in this lifetime (too much backlog). Which do u suggest I plat, 1 or 3?

I haven’t platted DMC3 yet, although I plan on starting it very soon. A lot of people say it’s the best one in the series, and from the little bit I have played in the past it is pretty awesome.

A lot of people also say DMC1 is harder, but tbh the trophy list looks a lot easier to me in comparison. It was certainly challenging at times to platinum, but overall it’s a fairly short game and doesn’t require as many playthroughs as DMC3. It’s also got a wicked sort of medieval gothic atmosphere that made it a blast to play. Just be forewarned that with DMC1, a big part of the difficulty is due to the camera and controls. The camera is the hardest boss in the game as I like to say lol.

Also, despite what people say about it, I found the DmC: Devil May Cry remake to be a pretty fucking fantastic action game. It was loads of fun to platinum. I’d recommend the PS4 version too as it runs better, and it’s a bit easier and doesn’t require you to S rank as many levels among other things.

I played through Demon’s Souls & Dark Souls on PS3, but recently picked up DS1 & 2 on PS4 and I’m really looking forward to playing through them again. I’d definitely recommend those versions as well, as there are more people playing for co-op, invasions etc. which will make it a much better experience overall. Also, I heard Sekiro GOTY edition is coming very soon so it’s a fantastic time to jump in now.

If I had to recommend 1 From Software game though, it would be Bloodborne. Not only is it a great standalone game with an incredible gothic horror atmosphere, it’s also faster and modernized compared to the older games, and IMO Bloodborne is the easiest in the series by far. You don’t have to be as tactical as the Souls games. And it has built in mechanics like the visceral attack system that actually reward the player for being aggressive and mindlessly button mashing, which in the older games is a sure fire way to get you instantly killed.

You could easily start with Bloodborne to get a taste for the series, as well as experience one of the all time greatest PS4 exclusives. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

Thanks @dieselmanchild @scemopagliaccioh. I've settled with DMC3, for the time being. DmC does look like a fantastic action game, but I think I'll go for a more "classic" DMC. As for Bloodbourne, that game has a gorgeous art style. I've heard it suffers from framerate frops, though. Look, I'm in no way a graphics whore, but one thing I've come to respect is a solid fps. I'm totally against stacking lists, but if there's a game I wanted to plat again is the remaster for Dragon's Dogma, just because it was a gr8 game with shitty fps. It totally killed the immersion when I wanted to cast magic.

For that reason, I may wait to play a future remastered Bloodborne and settle with Dark Souls HD (I've heard ghost stories about Blight Town in the original).

How was your experience with Bloodborne, graphics wise?