"Divisive Figure" - Placement Matches put me in Division 6 no matter what. (FIFA 19 & 20)

zWorraps

So I've just gotten back to FIFA 19 after a few months and bought FIFA 20 recently.

I saw on the forums that the most effective way to get the Division 4 trophy in both games would be to create a new club and get 5 wins in the placement matches to get placed in Division 4 right away.

However, after deleting the clubs in both games and winning all 5 games, I got placed in Division 6 anyway.

I then tried winning 2, 3, and 0 games out of the 5 placement matches on multiple clubs and the result was the same every time. Division 6.

So what is going on here? They forced everyone to start in Division 6 no matter what? Then what's the point of having "placement matches"? Why not just remove them? 

I see people used to do this all the time, so I don't understand why it isn't currently working.

Has there been a recent change that I'm not aware of? Is this a bug?

Would like to get some feedback from other players.

Edited by SparrowDaKing

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, BinneyNUFC said:

Judging by a few posts I've seen over the past week or so, this seems to be a relatively new issue that EVERYONE has experienced. It is yet to be seen wether EA fix it or not, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Good news. It seems that they just fixed it since I just went back to it and noticed that after deleting my club and losing all 5 games, I started in Division 9.
The issue was that they made everyone start in Division 6, so when I was placed in Division 9 I suspected it could be fixed and it is.
I just got the trophy myself after deleting the club once again and, after winning all 5 games, I got placed in Division 4 with around 1400 skill rating. 4 wins and a draw might just make it. Wouldn't risk it though.

I suggest everyone getting the trophy as soon as possible before they mess things up again.

Good luck!