Trigger Happy trophy solved

4 hours ago, LegendaryPound69 said:
26S69336a.png Trigger Happy
Dealt more than 50,000 laser damage in a single match.
ACHIEVERS
0.00%
ULTRA RARE
40-bronze.png

I dealt 50000+ damage more than 10 times with the primary laser weapon and never got the trophy. I play with the standard laser weapon (only one with laser) . It's 100% glitched and I think only the devs have the trophy or hacker. 

I'm actually just getting to trying this trophy but from playing from my understanding you need to charge your primary weapon for it to deal a certain type of laser damage. Only the damage dealt with that counts I think. I'll let you know in a bit after trying

1 hour ago, Carnage0702 said:

I'm actually just getting to trying this trophy but from playing from my understanding you need to charge your primary weapon for it to deal a certain type of laser damage. Only the damage dealt with that counts I think. I'll let you know in a bit after trying

I tried everything. I've done it with the secondary laser beam and your method but that doesn't count. The trophy picture looks like the default laser. I hope you have more luck. 

12 minutes ago, LegendaryPound69 said:

I tried everything. I've done it with the secondary laser beam and your method but that doesn't count. The trophy picture looks like the default laser. I hope you have more luck. 

The picture of the trophy is specifically a component on the Tie/Fighter called Sienar Burst Cannon. Maybe try that I have been side tracked with other trophies. I just got the Stomped trophy and am dropping 50 bombs now but try that and if I get to trying before you and it works or doesnt I'll let you know

Having trouble with this one also, even after getting 50+ AI kills in fleet battle the other day.

I think there is a bug in what damage it is actually counting.

My hunch is that it is counting 'Star fighter damage' which is kind of ridiculous.

Worth reporting as a bug here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=star-wars-squadrons&platform=ps4&category=report-a-bug&community=true&issue=report-bug

Edited by ROBOGEAR
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Carnage0702 said:

The picture of the trophy is specifically a component on the Tie/Fighter called Sienar Burst Cannon. Maybe try that I have been side tracked with other trophies. I just got the Stomped trophy and am dropping 50 bombs now but try that and if I get to trying before you and it works or doesnt I'll let you know

Maby you find a workaround. For now I can say that this trophy is 100% glitched. I asked a person on Xbox and he said the achievement tracker stays always on 0. He tried every ship/weapon like me. 

Edited by LegendaryPound69

4 hours ago, LegendaryPound69 said:

Maby you find a workaround. For now I can say that this trophy is 100% glitched. I asked a person on Xbox and he said the achievement tracker stays always on 0. He tried every ship/weapon like me. 

I haven't gotten it to pop but I haven't tried everything just yet. I've been too focused on other trophies. Which by the way I think there is another glitched trophy ?‍♂️ "Heavy Hitter" I put up a detailed post about my issue with the trophy. Maybe you know why it hasn't popped for me? I've 100% met the requirements and put in so many wasted hours on this shit trophy for it to not unlock so I wouldnt be surprised if Trigger Happy really was glitched. Seems all games nowadays release unfinished and poorly tested. Extremely frustrating ??

FYI I got 32 player kills in fleet battle just with lasers, and it still didn't pop. So idk

Edit: I was playing as Empire. My theory is that it does not count damage done to shields, so there's basically no point going for this if you queue up as Empire. 

Edited by ROBOGEAR

16 hours ago, eVo-Godslayer said:

I know a friend who got the heavy hiter maybe it's old new but try to drop bombs on the hall not deflector shield

Old news*

So I got heavy hitter. It MUST be done with the Proton bomb NOT the Ion Bomb, otherwise it won't count. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous because the trophy says to just drop bombs to damage Capitol Hulls. It doesnt say use Proton Bombs when it should. My trophy popped when I was bombing the 2 Cruisers protecting the Capital Ship so you can bomb the Cruisers even and it will count as long as you use the Proton Bomb

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eVo-Godslayer said:

Thanks for heavy hitter tip

Anytime! I finally got "I know a few maneuvers". I used the bomber here is my loadout that helped a lot. Mine kills while drifting DO count 100% and try to use multi missle lock as you drift because those also count. I hope this helps you guys! ?

Primary Weapon

Guided Rotary Cannon

Left Auxiliary 

Seeker Mine

Right Auxiliary 

Multi-Lock Missle

Countermeasures 

Seeker Warheads

Hull

Standard OR Koensayr Reinforced Hull

Shields 

Conversation Shield 

Engine 

Jet Engine 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, LegendaryPound69 said:
26S69336a.png Trigger Happy
Dealt more than 50,000 laser damage in a single match.
ACHIEVERS
0.00%
ULTRA RARE
40-bronze.png

I dealt 50000+ damage more than 10 times with the primary laser weapon and never got the trophy. 

Edit: only damage on starships count. After I hit 50000 the trophy pop without problems. Play vs KI on normal and kill only the enemy starships. Esseles is the best map for fast and easy kills. Fly in the middle of the map and shot the enemy's who spawn in their base. After 45+ kills the trophy should pop. 

To elaborate on this since it provides minimal information, this is what I did and used, which includes what he said. 

-Solo vs AI

-Normal (reason being so the game doesn't end too quick. Can be done on easy however both attempts on easy my team won before I got it. 45000 one time and 48000 the other time) 

-Esseles

- New Republic (Not sure but when I tried empire I was only getting 33000 ish. So perhaps shield damage doesn't count) 

- A Wing (Load out: everything default except right auxiliary as targeting jammer and countermeasures as particle burst) 

- End of match I had 51571 starfighter damage dealt. It will tell you how much you did at the end of the match so you can gauge how close you were. Trophy will pop in match the moment you get 50000.

-44 kills, 11 assists, and 2 AI kills is what I had which totalled the score above. The time I had 48000+ damage one easy I had 34 kills and 16 assists with 10 AI kills. So if you don't have 40+ kills don't worry, as long as you have assists or even AI kills. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius

Also just got this. I played easy AI, mostly in an A-wing.

But I played on Nadiri Dockyards, where the phases seem to last longer as the AI would get stuck in the middle.

I would try Nadiri first, as it seems a bit easier. But it is doable!

It is counting 'Starfigher damage' the metric you get at the end of each match. That is what needs to be over 50k. Also I got 50,200 one match and it didn't pop, so be aware it's a bit odd! 

17 hours ago, ROBOGEAR said:

Also just got this. I played easy AI, mostly in an A-wing.

But I played on Nadiri Dockyards, where the phases seem to last longer as the AI would get stuck in the middle.

I would try Nadiri first, as it seems a bit easier. But it is doable!

It is counting 'Starfigher damage' the metric you get at the end of each match. That is what needs to be over 50k. Also I got 50,200 one match and it didn't pop, so be aware it's a bit odd! 

I can confirm this is actually very easy on Nadiri Dockyards. The trophy popped at the start of the destroy the Star Destroyer phase. Got 41 kills when it popped and I played on easy.

Just chipping in, I got the trophy after following @LegendaryPound69’s suggestion of FleetVsAI>Solo>Esseles>Normal and shooting only at starfighters.

In a stock A-Wing I targeted the dumb AI TIE Fighters that fly around in groups doing very little. I killed 96 of them plus 3 of the named AI TIEs and triggered the trophy just before defeat (at the end my scoreboard read: 3 kills, 6 deaths, 4 assists, 96 AI kills).

I spent a few minutes scoring nothing while I got blown up but mostly killed constantly throughout the match, so I wouldn’t say you have to be good, fast or particularly well armed/shielded, just quick enough and don’t waste any time. With that in mind, stay away from the cruisers and capital ships and don’t waste time taking revenge on an attacker, just die and spawn again, fly towards some dumb TIEs and pick them off at a distance while they’re flying in formation. Once you get close they break formation and will take a bit longer to kill.

I don’t know about dumb X-Wings but I think the dumb TIEs take about 500 ‘damage’ to kill, so you’re looking at 100 ‘AI Kills’ (if you take each one from max health to death, more of course if you only cause say 200 damage before you kill them). Or less if you take the opportunity to shoot at a slow, straight flying TIE Bomber or Reaper should you see one dead ahead. Remember it’s about causing damage, not getting kills, so all shots on the enemy starfighters help.

• Like 2