How do I know what Murfy challenges are glitched?

Chaos_Bladez

Hi everyone. I was just about to give up hope of ever getting the diamond cup but reading this forum has taught me of the mystical Murfy glitched challenge.

So I have a few questions that I would very much appreciate some answers to:

How do I know by looking if it is a glitched Murfy challenge? I know I can look here but I want to see if I can scope it out myself.

How often do they cycle through?

Are they extreme, regular, or both types of challenges?

Are they weekly, daily, or both?

And are there any tips that you recommend?

Thanks! Hopefully, I can finally wrap up this platinum I've been chasing on and off since 2013.

And yes, I know some of these are answered on this forum but I was hoping to compile then into one place. 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

How do I know by looking if it is a glitched Murfy challenge? I know I can look here but I want to see if I can scope it out myself.

Either check Top 10 for identical scores or you can also find the glitched position yourself.

I think no one can answer this accurately but these are rare. Roughly 4-5 months per glitched Murfy. And also some distances are so far you may spend a whole day going for it with no luck.

AFAIK, any Murfy can glitch.

Both.

Also, @AdruA_ has PhD in Rayman so he might add some extra info.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Either check Top 10 for identical scores or you can also find the glitched position yourself.

I think no one can answer this accurately but these are rare. Roughly 4-5 months per glitched Murfy. And also some distances are so far you may spend a whole day going for it with no luck.

AFAIK, any Murfy can glitch.

Both.

Also, @AdruA_ has PhD in Rayman so he might add some extra info.

Thanks a ton for the helpful response. 

Ah I guess I only thought the 4095 challenged were the glitched ones. I didn't know there were more. 

Obviously I want the easier ones. God, every four to five months? Jeez I hope the servers are still on then. I can't get it legitimately and that makes me sad!

How do I know by looking if it is a glitched Murfy challenge?

If the top has all the exact same score

There's no way to know for sure, glitched 4095s appear more often, the 'easy' ones usually take up to a bit less than a year (however we've also had 2 in 3 months, but if i remember correctly there wasn't even a single one in 2016 but @Arkiokin knows more about that)

They can be any, however if for example weekly is a murfy distance (not glitched) there can't be another murfy distance in any dailies as long as the weekly is up

Stay updated, learn to know other people that also look out for it, that way u raise your chances, I try to be as fast as possible to let anyone know, but u can get the idea that i forget people if it takes up months or years, so keep an eye out here, with other people,... Because I know it'll easily get out of your mind once u've done awesomeness 11 & u stop

Or... Learn dojo distance, we frequently do the same as what happens with murfy glitches (stop at a score so everyone with that score gets a diamond), u can get it way faster than waiting out a potential glitched murfy, downside is that you'd have to actively search & learn strategies to get there

I hope this answers your questions ?

7 hours ago, HusKy said:

This one was glitched at 256m.... Diamonds for everyone that day. :D

Just knowing I missed that made my heart sink. Wow. This plat has been my white whale since launch. Fingers crossed that happens again soon. Even seeing the 4,095 runs seems hard as hell. 

4 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

How do I know by looking if it is a glitched Murfy challenge?

If the top has all the exact same score

There's no way to know for sure, glitched 4095s appear more often, the 'easy' ones usually take up to a bit less than a year (however we've also had 2 in 3 months, but if i remember correctly there wasn't even a single one in 2016 but @Arkiokin knows more about that)

They can be any, however if for example weekly is a murfy distance (not glitched) there can't be another murfy distance in any dailies as long as the weekly is up

Stay updated, learn to know other people that also look out for it, that way u raise your chances, I try to be as fast as possible to let anyone know, but u can get the idea that i forget people if it takes up months or years, so keep an eye out here, with other people,... Because I know it'll easily get out of your mind once u've done awesomeness 11 & u stop

Or... Learn dojo distance, we frequently do the same as what happens with murfy glitches (stop at a score so everyone with that score gets a diamond), u can get it way faster than waiting out a potential glitched murfy, downside is that you'd have to actively search & learn strategies to get there

I hope this answers your questions 1f609.png

Yes, you both have given excellent, concise answers. Thanks for that. 

I'll do more research on the dojo stuff. I am ok at Rayman but I often have trouble consistently doing all the hardcore tricks that get the best high scores. It has been quite discouraging to be honest which is why I've finally tried to seek help here.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

@Chaos_Bladez don't worry about the high end tricks, if you want to know a decent set u can ask me ?

But for dojo distance u dont need that much tricks, what most people tend to do wrong is to 'go fast because i need as much lums as i can so i can score high enough' but in dojo distance thats hardly the way to do it

Yes, some rooms need you to think or act fast, but by no means 'all of them', in fact in about 70% of the 'very hard' rooms (which come up after 700-800 lums) its wiser to take it slow, in distances its 'dying' that ends you, not speed, better 1 assured slow lum, than risking to die for getting 6

Nonetheless you'll need to learn on how to do these rooms, some of it are easy, but some can take a while until you figure out what the best strategy is, you can do this by searching on youtube (if you search 'dojo distance' u'll find some easily) & try to focus on how, when & why people do what they do, if you need help with seeing that > dont be afraid to ask

& Dont lose your courage, you are because u (probably) just dont have enough knowledge in the game yet, but once you start to get better, it gets more fun, and with more fun, u'll play more, if you play more, u'll get better,... And thats how it circles around constantly, until you reach a level of which u think 'wow, that was badass'

Also, don't look at the top too much, some people are really pro, in first instance try to target a score, once u get that, try just to beat yourself, and if you're having fun doing that thats already a win, and if you dont? Stop. Just that, stop playing it, dont make it a chore

Instead, if you're more curious on 'how the heck did he do that' then your curiosity will make your game fun again, but overall dont think 'pff i played an hour whilst this guy did a far better score in 5 mins', just be glad you did your score

Like i said, if you're curious on how some people play these challenges, dont be afraid to ask, you dont even have to ask me if you feel someone else might know better, most of the pro's will gladly help out, if really necessary though i can even pop up a video with how i deal with a particular challenge ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@Chaos_Bladez don't worry about the high end tricks, if you want to know a decent set u can ask me 1f609.png

But for dojo distance u dont need that much tricks, what most people tend to do wrong is to 'go fast because i need as much lums as i can so i can score high enough' but in dojo distance thats hardly the way to do it

Yes, some rooms need you to think or act fast, but by no means 'all of them', in fact in about 70% of the 'very hard' rooms (which come up after 700-800 lums) its wiser to take it slow, in distances its 'dying' that ends you, not speed, better 1 assured slow lum, than risking to die for getting 6

Nonetheless you'll need to learn on how to do these rooms, some of it are easy, but some can take a while until you figure out what the best strategy is, you can do this by searching on youtube (if you search 'dojo distance' u'll find some easily) & try to focus on how, when & why people do what they do, if you need help with seeing that > dont be afraid to ask

& Dont lose your courage, you are because u (probably) just dont have enough knowledge in the game yet, but once you start to get better, it gets more fun, and with more fun, u'll play more, if you play more, u'll get better,... And thats how it circles around constantly, until you reach a level of which u think 'wow, that was badass'

Also, don't look at the top too much, some people are really pro, in first instance try to target a score, once u get that, try just to beat yourself, and if you're having fun doing that thats already a win, and if you dont? Stop. Just that, stop playing it, dont make it a chore

Instead, if you're more curious on 'how the heck did he do that' then your curiosity will make your game fun again, but overall dont think 'pff i played an hour whilst this guy did a far better score in 5 mins', just be glad you did your score

Like i said, if you're curious on how some people play these challenges, dont be afraid to ask, you dont even have to ask me if you feel someone else might know better, most of the pro's will gladly help out, if really necessary though i can even pop up a video with how i deal with a particular challenge 1f609.png

All of you seem really nice and I do appreciate that so your kind words do help.

I am curious what you mean by "if you want to know a decent set u can ask me"

I will try and get better. I really want this platinum. However, I am still very doubtful I'll be able to beat all of you pros! I've gotten close to diamond a few times over the years since 2013 on the Vita version, but never was able to crack the top 1% and that is what caused me to put the game down several times. Given that, it is easy for me to feel discouraged about this.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

5 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just do it properly. Takes a bit of time but it’s not hard. Maybe 15 minutes a day or 20 depending on the challenge.

Not even remotely true. Do you realize you're on the board for the Vita version? You typically have to be top 3, if not #1 in the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Not even remotely true. Do you realize you're on the board for the Vita version? You typically have to be top 3, if not #1 in the world.

I didn’t realise I was on the vita version, my apologies, didn’t realise there was a difference. I did it on PS4 which I imagine would be much easier

Just now, thefourfoldroot said:

I didn’t realise I was on the vita version, my apologies, didn’t realise there was a difference. I did it on PS4 which I imagine would be much easier

Yeah, that's the rub here. Maybe 100 to 150 people do the challenges on Vita, which basically means that you need to be #1 in order to get a diamond. And since there are world-class pros that still play every single day, it is seemingly impossible to get the diamond in most scenarios.

7 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

No worries, sorry if I seemed harsh. This one hits a bit of a nerve with me, haha.

@thefourfoldroot yeah, ps4 is way easier, besides ps4 doesn't have a trophy tied to being on the top 1% for an online challenge, vita does

Also, vita, 7yo game... Thats a dead game on a dead console, add 'online', and u got a perfect mix for horror

Just to give an idea, the worst sort of ps4 'daily extreme challenge', gets more players than all the vita challenges of a week counted together

@Chaos_Bladez about 'skills', I have a fair amount of knowledge of the game to know what #1 does, not saying I can do it, but I have at least enough knowledge to help out people in some particular challenges, especially dojos, because u might have noticed most of the time we end up with 3 people having the same score (we just stop, we're glad sharing diamond cups with less effort than all trying for hours)

And about courage, don't give up, it might look pretty dark with only 1 diamond per challenge, but compared to years ago we now have gotten to a point where us, skilled players, are able to 'set' diamond scores to our liking, and all i can say is 'hey, if you want it, learn this type & u'll eventually get it of u practice' or, try to let everyone know if a glitched murfy pops up (honestly, its been a while now, hopefully one shows up soon)

So, you have 2 options:

-Learn a challenge & with enough practice be absolutely 100% sure u'll get it (faster, more time-consuming in a shorter time)

-Keep up to date for a murfy distance glitch (slower, more time-consuming in a longer time + it'll take up a minute every day just to look up if its happening or not)

The biggest change with before 2019, is that people still went hardcore on the challenges, therefore there was no option than to 'get extremely good' or 'wait for murfy glitch', at least now we can have a handful of challenges which we can pinpoint to learn 'if anyone is up for it'

Honestly, we've tried to lower the bar, countless times, yet with lowering down that bar, much more people see potential in claiming it for themselves & it becomes a moshpit again, but between lesser skilled players

See it as racing parcours, if ur by foot u cant beat anyone in a car, but if the car racers drive slow enough so that runners by foot can keep up, then anyone with a bike would win even if some have a car, therefore car drivers would have to still drive a little faster than bikes to win, but instead of racing we all wait for eachother at the finish to the point that a bike racer would need to go full speed to narrowly keep up

Still, runners will still need to learn to drive a bike, and learn to drive it fast enough

If that makes any sense (sorry, i have a weird habit for comparing with cars, but i hope you get the idea)?

24 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@thefourfoldroot yeah, ps4 is way easier, besides ps4 doesn't have a trophy tied to being on the top 1% for an online challenge, vita does

Also, vita, 7yo game... Thats a dead game on a dead console, add 'online', and u got a perfect mix for horror

Just to give an idea, the worst sort of ps4 'daily extreme challenge', gets more players than all the vita challenges of a week counted together

@Chaos_Bladez about 'skills', I have a fair amount of knowledge of the game to know what #1 does, not saying I can do it, but I have at least enough knowledge to help out people in some particular challenges, especially dojos, because u might have noticed most of the time we end up with 3 people having the same score (we just stop, we're glad sharing diamond cups with less effort than all trying for hours)

And about courage, don't give up, it might look pretty dark with only 1 diamond per challenge, but compared to years ago we now have gotten to a point where us, skilled players, are able to 'set' diamond scores to our liking, and all i can say is 'hey, if you want it, learn this type & u'll eventually get it of u practice' or, try to let everyone know if a glitched murfy pops up (honestly, its been a while now, hopefully one shows up soon)

So, you have 2 options:

-Learn a challenge & with enough practice be absolutely 100% sure u'll get it (faster, more time-consuming in a shorter time)

-Keep up to date for a murfy distance glitch (slower, more time-consuming in a longer time + it'll take up a minute every day just to look up if its happening or not)

The biggest change with before 2019, is that people still went hardcore on the challenges, therefore there was no option than to 'get extremely good' or 'wait for murfy glitch', at least now we can have a handful of challenges which we can pinpoint to learn 'if anyone is up for it'

Honestly, we've tried to lower the bar, countless times, yet with lowering down that bar, much more people see potential in claiming it for themselves & it becomes a moshpit again, but between lesser skilled players

See it as racing parcours, if ur by foot u cant beat anyone in a car, but if the car racers drive slow enough so that runners by foot can keep up, then anyone with a bike would win even if some have a car, therefore car drivers would have to still drive a little faster than bikes to win, but instead of racing we all wait for eachother at the finish to the point that a bike racer would need to go full speed to narrowly keep up

Still, runners will still need to learn to drive a bike, and learn to drive it fast enough

If that makes any sense (sorry, i have a weird habit for comparing with cars, but i hope you get the idea)1f605.png

Do you guys communicate when you set the diamonds? I'd love to try one of those days (but let's be honest, I'll probably need more than one).

And yes, your analogy made sense! Interesting way to put it but it works.

@Chaos_Bladez nah we dont communicate about it really, we mostly just stop at the same point as the other does (mostly thats my score because i play the earliest)

Actually today there is a dojo distance, so you could go on practicing it, I wouldn't worry about diamond just yet, but getting familiar with it first ?

29 minutes ago, AdruA_ said:

@Chaos_Bladez nah we dont communicate about it really, we mostly just stop at the same point as the other does (mostly thats my score because i play the earliest)

Actually today there is a dojo distance, so you could go on practicing it, I wouldn't worry about diamond just yet, but getting familiar with it first 1f609.png

Ah ok interesting. I didn't know how tight you all were. 

So yes I was on right as it opened and got like 850 ish on my first run. So not amazing but better than I've ever done. I can't really see myself getting like 2,000 or whatever you guys presumably get. 

But maybe luck and skill will intersect one day when I have more time to grind it. 

Also I'm on PST in America so I don't want to spend the night grinding only to see the Europeans demolish my score when I wake back up. Like I'm top four in both now but I assume that won't stand for long but I will see in the morning!

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

14 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, that's the rub here. Maybe 100 to 150 people do the challenges on Vita, which basically means that you need to be #1 in order to get a diamond. And since there are world-class pros that still play every single day, it is seemingly impossible to get the diamond in most scenarios.

Sounds bad. I pretty much got at least one of those top diamond things every day on ps4 after a while and it still took me months. The grind on VITA sounds awful.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

@Chaos_Bladez once u get used to the rooms starting at 800ish, they are always the same, just in a different order, so once u can do them, u theoretically can do 1000, 10000, 50000,... The only thing is perseverance & dont make errors

Though vita has some rooms that are troublesome, where u have to react extremely quickly (especially 'very hard 7')

If ur US, then it indeed can be annoying that u set a score before most people, though we frequently go significantly showable scores to show we want to share it (1111, 1234, 2222)

Ofcourse its better to not go too high, as some rooms are hard to 'leave' lums without dying, and because i have a different strategy than Arkiokin for example, i could end up with a difference of 'an entire room' in lums which can make it hard to get equal scores, so the earlier we stop the lesser the difference is, though its annoying other guys then overdo us ?

If u did 850, i assume u died in the room with the yellow lums, fireballs, chain on a red background (very hard 10) which is one of the harder rooms to learn (too fast = dead, too slow = dead as well)

17 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@Chaos_Bladez once u get used to the rooms starting at 800ish, they are always the same, just in a different order, so once u can do them, u theoretically can do 1000, 10000, 50000,... The only thing is perseverance & dont make errors

Though vita has some rooms that are troublesome, where u have to react extremely quickly (especially 'very hard 7')

If ur US, then it indeed can be annoying that u set a score before most people, though we frequently go significantly showable scores to show we want to share it (1111, 1234, 2222)

Ofcourse its better to not go too high, as some rooms are hard to 'leave' lums without dying, and because i have a different strategy than Arkiokin for example, i could end up with a difference of 'an entire room' in lums which can make it hard to get equal scores, so the earlier we stop the lesser the difference is, though its annoying other guys then overdo us 1f629.png

If u did 850, i assume u died in the room with the yellow lums, fireballs, chain on a red background (very hard 10) which is one of the harder rooms to learn (too fast = dead, too slow = dead as well)

Yeah, you're exactly right. I couldn't get past that room.

The problem with learning it all is that it's like at least 10 minutes before you can try again if you mess up. So I'd get one step further and then spend like 20 minutes trying to just get there again only to fail at the next step. I did notice that two people left the score the same. I finished 10th place at less than half their score.

I didn't get to put more than an hour into it today. Coincidentally, I had to play another Ubisoft game for work.

14 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, you're exactly right. I couldn't get past that room.

The problem with learning it all is that it's like at least 10 minutes before you can try again if you mess up. So I'd get one step further and then spend like 20 minutes trying to just get there again only to fail at the next step. I did notice that two people left the score the same. I finished 10th place at less than half their score.

I didn't get to put more than an hour into it today. Coincidentally, I had to play another Ubisoft game for work.

Dammit, wish I had the ability to play games as my job ?

Its indeed annoying that it takes up so much time just to get there, but on the other hand if there is a Dojo 60s (where u have 60 seconds to collect as much as you can) 'extreme' challenge these same rooms also show up around 300-400, u could get a bit practice on them there as well (1 or 2 rooms) but in those it depends on how fast you get there because your timer could run out before it, nonetheless i see most people on the top 10 of those being mostly well into the very hard rooms, so 1 or 2 are doable (it really depends on which, some rooms take 1 or 2 seconds, whilst others easily surpass 10)

About the room u died at (very hard 10) i found it the easiest to dash to the wall & wait until the fireball before the chain, surpasses the chain & then jump to the wall, to the chain, because if you do it earlier that fireball will kill u, if you do it later u'll get overrun by the amount of fireballs basically everywhere, by doing this u'll probably lose 5 out of the 30 lums after the chain... But dont see it as 'losing 5', see it as 'gaining 25 without dying' ?

It mostly is just trial & error on difficult rooms like this, if u still die by that fireball you're too early, if you die by the next one of that line you're too late, then its just about fine-tuning that 'moment', same applies for a handful of others of such rooms (very hard 4, 9, 10, 11 & 16, if you want to know which is which then i suppose you could search something like 'Rayman Dojo very hard ... WR' to find them, yet these are 'world records' and are not the strategies you should use in dojo distance, just to show what room it is)

2 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Dammit, wish I had the ability to play games as my job ?

Its indeed annoying that it takes up so much time just to get there, but on the other hand if there is a Dojo 60s (where u have 60 seconds to collect as much as you can) 'extreme' challenge these same rooms also show up around 300-400, u could get a bit practice on them there as well (1 or 2 rooms) but in those it depends on how fast you get there because your timer could run out before it, nonetheless i see most people on the top 10 of those being mostly well into the very hard rooms, so 1 or 2 are doable (it really depends on which, some rooms take 1 or 2 seconds, whilst others easily surpass 10)

About the room u died at (very hard 10) i found it the easiest to dash to the wall & wait until the fireball before the chain, surpasses the chain & then jump to the wall, to the chain, because if you do it earlier that fireball will kill u, if you do it later u'll get overrun by the amount of fireballs basically everywhere, by doing this u'll probably lose 5 out of the 30 lums after the chain... But dont see it as 'losing 5', see it as 'gaining 25 without dying' 1f609.png

It mostly is just trial & error on difficult rooms like this, if u still die by that fireball you're too early, if you die by the next one of that line you're too late, then its just about fine-tuning that 'moment', same applies for a handful of others of such rooms (very hard 4, 9, 10, 11 & 16, if you want to know which is which then i suppose you could search something like 'Rayman Dojo very hard ... WR' to find them, yet these are 'world records' and are not the strategies you should use in dojo distance, just to show what room it is)

Yes, playing games for work is quite fun, even if it is a lot at times. But it does limit what I can play in my free time, hence yesterday with the challenge.

I sort of did that then got overrun because, as you said, the fireballs fill up the screen and make it a maze. But I did get further every time and it helps having a YouTube guide open at the same time. You really are a "glass half full" kind of guy and that's what I need to hear right now!

Has there ever been talk of something like Scrub Sundays? Like the pros let the scrubs fight over a diamond for one day?

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

I, long time ago, made a quick gameplay video of each of the "hard" 15 rooms here (2 of these rooms are slightly different on Vita version compared to all other Rayman legends versions): 

(since that, I slightly modified my strat for some rooms, but well... it was enough reliable to not die before 40000 lums here ;) )

Anyway, to answer to your "glitches questions"on murfy's dungeon, Vita's version : complete and exact statistics are just for you :

Since Christmas 2014, so almost during 6 years :

- only 8 challenges glitched at low distance (under 700m) : none yet weekly challenge (only because it is very unlikely to meet this type of challenge)

- longer time between 2 of these type of challenge : approximately 15 months...shorter time : 2 months, and in average 8 months...

- 27 challenges glitched at "4095m" (daily or weekly) some occured even consecutively (which is pretty strange, cause they finally appear a bit more 4 times a year)

EDIT : I forgot to mention there are approximately 80 murfy's distance challenges in a complete year.

I could add that If you play since 2013, you should have worked hard 5 years ago, it was soooooooo easy to get a diamond cup with almost 3000 players in a weekly challenge and without needing any big skill (not even need to reach 2500m in any distance challenge for example).

However, now for some players who are able to reach a decent level on some challenges (not a very good level, just a good one), it's not rare that pro players let him the 1st rank (these players, like me, don't play the challenge or are happy with a gold cup) it should occur, that time to time, we see a good score and say : oh "well this guy has made good improvements : let him this diamond" and that works time to time, but only depending of the good mentality of some players (or not)

And yes, dojo max lums challenge are always the easiest way to gain a diamond nowadays...or be enough qualified to reach at least 4000m in a murfy's dungeon when it is glitched at 4095m

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

I, long time ago, made a quick gameplay video of each of the "hard" 15 rooms here (2 of these rooms are slightly different on Vita version compared to all other Rayman legends versions): 

(since that, I slightly modified my strat for some rooms, but well... it was enough reliable to not die before 40000 lums here ;) )

Anyway, to answer to your "glitches questions"on murfy's dungeon, Vita's version : complete and exact statistics are just for you :

Since Christmas 2014, so almost during 6 years :

- only 8 challenges glitched at low distance (under 700m) : none yet weekly challenge (only because it is very unlikely to meet this type of challenge)

- longer time between 2 of these type of challenge : approximately 15 months...shorter time : 2 months, and in average 8 months...

- 27 challenges glitched at "4095m" (daily or weekly) some occured even consecutively (which is pretty strange, cause they finally appear a bit more 4 times a year)

EDIT : I forgot to mention there are approximately 80 murfy's distance challenges in a complete year.

I could add that If you play since 2013, you should have worked hard 5 years ago, it was soooooooo easy to get a diamond cup with almost 3000 players in a weekly challenge and without needing any big skill (not even need to reach 2500m in any distance challenge for example).

However, now for some players who are able to reach a decent level on some challenges (not a very good level, just a good one), it's not rare that pro players let him the 1st rank (these players, like me, don't play the challenge or are happy with a gold cup) it should occur, that time to time, we see a good score and say : oh "well this guy has made good improvements : let him this diamond" and that works time to time, but only depending of the good mentality of some players (or not)

And yes, dojo max lums challenge are always the easiest way to gain a diamond nowadays...or be enough qualified to reach at least 4000m in a murfy's dungeon when it is glitched at 4095m

The legend himself shows up. Thanks a ton for the video. I think I watched a few of yours so I'll bookmark this one.

Also thanks for the data. That is very impressive to have at the ready.

I should have tried harder when I bought the game at launch in 2013 but I honestly wasn't thinking about challenges or diamond cups back then. I would maybe try them once or twice and then continue with the campaign or quit out. I then thought it would be easier as time went on. Boy, was I wrong. Not only did I obviously not get any diamonds, I settled for a lot of bronzes.

I hope I improve enough to snag a diamond. I've been doing a little better since I posted this and you guys have been very nice. I need to do more research on other types of challenges, too. I don't want to focus solely on one kind at the expense of others.

You're welcome. Just another tip : ALL the last new players (since at least 2 years) who enough improved themsleves in tower distance challenges (at a level where they were able to reach distances like 4000 or 5000m) so ALL these players gained a diamond cup pretty quickly. The explanation is simple : this challenge is probably the one who is worked the less by players (they probably think it's too hard, whereas it is not really the case) and is also the one where high scores are very rare (and I could stop to play any of these challenge if a new player who have not gained yet a diamond is ranked 1st, when it's my turn to play ;) )

EDIT : btw, I checked again my datas on easy glitched murfy's challenges : it was not 8 challenges but 9 since early 2015 : yes not a big difference haha

Edited by Arkiokin