How do I know what Murfy challenges are glitched?

Chaos_Bladez

40 minutes ago, Arkiokin said:

You're welcome. Just another tip : ALL the last new players (since at least 2 years) who enough improved themsleves in tower distance challenges (at a level where they were able to reach distances like 4000 or 5000m) so ALL these players gained a diamond cup pretty quickly. The explanation is simple : this challenge is probably the one who is worked the less by players (they probably think it's too hard, whereas it is not really the case) and is also the one where high scores are very rare (and I could stop to play any of these challenge if a new player who have not gained yet a diamond is ranked 1st, when it's my turn to play ;) )

EDIT : btw, I checked again my datas on easy glitched murfy's challenges : it was not 8 challenges but 9 since early 2015 : yes not a big difference haha

Interesting. I guess if you put your mind to it. And thanks! That is very kind and I'll keep that in mind! Hopefully, we will be seeing Chaos_Bladez rise in the ranks. 

On 7-10-2020 at 11:15 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

You really are a "glass half full" kind of guy and that's what I need to hear right now!

Has there ever been talk of something like Scrub Sundays? Like the pros let the scrubs fight over a diamond for one day?

Well, to be honest, the glass is half full

I've learned these challenges with just small improvements everytime, some took me days, other took me months, but the main tip i can give is to just play as you want, dont look at the other people's sick scores, just compete with yourself

Once you do that, u'll realize its actually fairly doable, and way more relaxed ?

I've been thinking about a thing like 'scrub Sundays' but i think it wouldn't do much good, most pro's only play their preferred challenges anyway (yeah not me as i play them all ?) but even without that it'd be hard to get a real shot at a diamond cup, first of all you'd need to look at everyone & decide if he's a pro or not, + you'd need their cooperation (and honestly, most of the 'always top 10 but never 1st' guys wouldnt & would see it as a lucky shot for diamonds for themselves) so it would be equally frustrating, even worse probably because now we would just 'punch em right in the gut' by going ridiculously high if they tend to overdo our shared scores, but if we see a 'new' player going over us, we'll gladly back off (happened something like a month or 2 ago)

Maybe i should make some sort of a dojo distance tutorial so you could see what to look out for, nonetheless nobody really has cared enough to learn it regardless & most just want to leave it until a glitched murfy shows up which makes me feel a bit bitter about it, a lot has changed about my perception on trophy hunters, most of them want to put in the minimum of time & experience instead of learning & enjoyment, heck some even would plainly out scold me for 'again' stealing their diamond cup, but somehow forget if they end up 6th there are also other people ahead of them, they just look at #1 & go guns blazing

However, its also possible that I get in a bit too negative environment, maybe potential players just dont dare to put in effort because there is no legit video about learning a challenge like the dojo distance ?

14 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Well, to be honest, the glass is half full

I've learned these challenges with just small improvements everytime, some took me days, other took me months, but the main tip i can give is to just play as you want, dont look at the other people's sick scores, just compete with yourself

Once you do that, u'll realize its actually fairly doable, and way more relaxed 1f609.png

I've been thinking about a thing like 'scrub Sundays' but i think it wouldn't do much good, most pro's only play their preferred challenges anyway (yeah not me as i play them all 1f605.png) but even without that it'd be hard to get a real shot at a diamond cup, first of all you'd need to look at everyone & decide if he's a pro or not, + you'd need their cooperation (and honestly, most of the 'always top 10 but never 1st' guys wouldnt & would see it as a lucky shot for diamonds for themselves) so it would be equally frustrating, even worse probably because now we would just 'punch em right in the gut' by going ridiculously high if they tend to overdo our shared scores, but if we see a 'new' player going over us, we'll gladly back off (happened something like a month or 2 ago)

Maybe i should make some sort of a dojo distance tutorial so you could see what to look out for, nonetheless nobody really has cared enough to learn it regardless & most just want to leave it until a glitched murfy shows up which makes me feel a bit bitter about it, a lot has changed about my perception on trophy hunters, most of them want to put in the minimum of time & experience instead of learning & enjoyment, heck some even would plainly out scold me for 'again' stealing their diamond cup, but somehow forget if they end up 6th there are also other people ahead of them, they just look at #1 & go guns blazing

However, its also possible that I get in a bit too negative environment, maybe potential players just dont dare to put in effort because there is no legit video about learning a challenge like the dojo distance ?

I think the problem is that I did play as I wanted since it launched and that didn't get me near to where I should be for this trophy. Now I am feeling pressure to get very good and that hasn't been all too encouraging. I am getting better but it still falls well short of where my brain wants me to be. I am still trying but it is very hard to turn that part of my brain off. I get disappointed in myself for thinking that way and falling short.

Ah good point. Even if we did it, some of the pros wouldn't care or abide by it and would make it a bit of a hassle. I am still very for the idea but I sadly don't think it would be able to be implemented across the board in an effective way. And maybe this is an assumption on my part but I would bet that if people are getting high diamonds at this stage of this game's life on Vita, I would probably think they are a pro.

Didn't Arkiokin post a Dojo Distance video? I have been watching it a lot and making tiny improvements. I hit about 950 in the weekly challenge, which is way higher than my usual score. The flying sword one always kills me at the very end. I spent well more than a few hours on it since it started. I sadly don't think I'll be able to top the 26,000+ #1 run that is there now (at least this time). I was gunning for the 2,222 score Arkiokin posted but someone went and topped that.

I think some people are frustrated because it's a hard trophy that is made even harder by the sheer scores that top the leaderboard. It takes a fun, attainable platinum for those willing to put in a decent amount of time and puts one final safeguard before the exit. And the guards in front of that exit are the people putting up those scores. I would assume many of those feel hopeless and frustrated that they just won't be able to beat those scores and are just this close to the finish.

(Also I want to add that I hope people aren't being mean to you guys.)

Personally, I'll say my frustration with it is the fear of Ubisoft turning of the servers for the Vita as they recently with the PC port. I have a feeling that day is coming for our little PlayStation system and that puts a weird pressure on all of this, especially since I wouldn't be surprised if they just did it without a warning (or a very small one).

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

@Chaos_Bladez A video like Arkiokin posted is a good idea on how your route should be on the rooms, but by now u have probably realized whilst doing the exact same, u die regardless

Thats because u dont know what he watches out for, for that you would need a video that pinpoints what he's focusing on, not just the 'jump left, hover, jump right' but instead more of a 'he jumps left now because this fireball is in his way, hovers there because that fireball later on will catch up to him when he jumps right', and for a video like that, would be quite a chore

For most rooms just knowing the route is more than enough, but there's some 4 or 5 that really take a while to learn just because of that 'focus'

As for swords rooms (dunno which one is the one u died in, but i have some assumptions) its actually only the tip of the sword that kills you, the back doesnt, so if you're 'behind/over the tip' you can actually just surpass it by sort of 'going through the handle'

Now, the swords room i suppose you died at are:

-Very hard 12 (blue background, 1 small pillar in the middle you start on) where u jump left (lum 1), fall back to middle (lum 2), hover right (lum 3), continue by falling but keep going right, even after you grabbed 3 you can still hover a bit to make sure the tip doesnt get to you so you go 'around' the sword coming from the bottom right, whilst u fall u grab lum 4, hover to the upper-left for lum 5 but watch out for the sword coming towards you from the left, ideally you could just go on & grab 5 & 6 without worrying BUT what I like to do is to hover a bit to the right & make the sword 'follow' me before i go left again, i end up losing a lum there but i honestly dont care (besides, it makes it easier later on), u grab 5 & 6 (the 2 right next to eachother) & go right again but quite low on the screen towards the pillar for lum 7

If you do like i did between 4 & 5 u will notice the sword 'coming' to you leaves a wide gap open between the sword & pillar, if you didnt do like i did then that gap is way smaller & u feel like having to 'squeeze' inbetween instead

Then continue right for lum 8, hover left for 9, groundpound for 10

-Very hard 16 (blue background, u start on a pole in the middle, with 2 'pong-like' poles on the sides)

WAIT, no seriously, wait to jump left until the sword on the bottom left 'is undoubtedly going to stick into the pole' and only jump then (but before it touches it), then fall so you grab lum 1, keep falling until you are under-ish lum 2 before hovering back up because you'll notice the sword from the upside is coming to you, grab lum 2 & go as close to your starting pole (the sword wont be able to turn anymore), hover over to your right for lum 3, go back left but keep on the same-ish height just above the starting pole when u go for lum 4, doing this will make the sword from up + right stick into the pole as u grab lum 4, then go to lum 5 in the bottom right (the upper sword from lum 4 wont be stuck however, don't panic, just fly over it & it'll stick anyway), hover over the right pole for lum 6, fall to the starting pole for lum 7 (the upper sword's back will be in your way, just go on, no need to panic), hover to lum 8, fall to lum 9, hover to lum 10 (yup, towards that sword coming to ya, just go under it a little, dont panic)

As you can see, giving tips like this is quite a handful, even in a video it would be extremely confusing as to pause every second just to explain what happens & what to do, this text might look daunting at first, but once u'll start noticing what kills u u'll be able to see what i do to get over it, and it'll all make sense

The luck you have on dojo distance is that once u succeed in rooms like this you'll automatically raise your chances significantly the next time it shows up, so it does pay off pretty good, especially if we can keep help out by staying low (yeah, didnt work this time, actually i had a fair laugh when noticing Arkiokin dealt with it by only going 20x as high ?)

The servers going down is actually a real possible thing to happen, the creator of the rayman franchise has left Ubisoft, and with a game being 7+ years old now the future looks pretty bitter, however during the time the pc servers went off, all the other platforms were down as well for a couple of days, though they could fix it, PC went down indefinitely

2 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

The luck you have on dojo distance is that once u succeed in rooms like this you'll automatically raise your chances significantly the next time it shows up, so it does pay off pretty good, especially if we can keep help out by staying low (yeah, didnt work this time, actually i had a fair laugh when noticing Arkiokin dealt with it by only going 20x as high ?)

It was the first time since ages I had enough time to compete again with me to make a very long run. In fact, it was the first time I searched to hunt my PB on this type of challenge (which has now more than 2 years and a half old). Unfortunately, and clearly, I felt a bit fragile on some rooms, not the "invicible feelings" I had in the past times (a lack of practice compare to times where I always did 10k lums+ each time I played this challenge). Anyway, when your timing change a bit in some rooms (typically the "very hard 16" AdruA_ talked upper), the difficulties should raise a lot suddenly and you sometimes must change completely your strat°, or...more rarely, the behaviour/the frequency of fireballs could change a bit, which should be a fatal trap when you play like a robot since 5 hours consecutively : that's why I died.

Btw, on this challenge, this is why a very long run can not be completely compared with just a long run, in terms of technics : you must master your strats at 100% not only at 99% and you don't realize you have not the max level before doing this type of long run over 30k+ lums (you have also to be able to adapt to the situation when something change in a room). this is the last step where you will learn some tiny points to complete your technics : each death is a learning for after, and so I learned myself something in this death. A bit disappointed to failed only at 6000 lums of my PB, even if it's my 2nd better score ever, and as I wanted to play at least 2 hours more, but I also learned something interesting for me. (the neverending pits distance challenge are also the best master to learn after each death when real difficulties occur after 34km, but it needs an enormous time investment for that)

Anyway, I don't know if it will be possible to have a second diamond with another equal score (the new one Zonyi855 did ?), but it was always the case on a weekly challenge with at least 200 + players...until now ^^"

Completing on this point, a player asked (few months ago) another pro player to gain this type of diamond cup with giving his account to this pro player, in order to make one of this tie lums score : the operation was a success and he gained his diamond cup for the trophy : he asked me for that, but I couldn't do that because it's too annoying changing a Vita's account, especially when you have a lot of games and organization on your memory card. It should be also not very ethical and especially not at all a good idea to give his account to an unknown player. However, if the servers will be really on there end of life, this will be a solution : I have a virgin PSVita I now should use to switch between accounts and succeed tie score after tie scores (or at least trying this operation)

On 11/10/2020 at 11:33 AM, AdruA_ said:

I had these feelings, and made the same ascertainment long time ago (a very pleasant time when messages of insults were regularly received : noticing that the Vita's version of this game is the only one where players could be so rude with some other players at the the Top of the ranking). Anyway, make a real tutorial Dojo video with loooong explanations will be probably useless : yes too complex to explain all the "why" we do that and especially players who are ready to die hundred of times and have pleasure with it to improve step by step are too rare nowadays. After all, talking about me, it took me one year and a half to learning reliable technics on this challenge and to be able to be in the Top 5 of this challenge (then quickly Top 2 and 1st), but yes I didn't looked any tutorial videos, I just learned one room technic thanks to master Vraduggon. It was, for me, the last "long runs" challenge I had to learn and it took me so much time to learn compared to some others (I made quick improvements on murfy's and pits on the 3 first months for example) but it only depends on players, and you have now much more videos to improve, not considering this pact for pretty tie low scores, so it could be very interesting to reach a decent level for the diamond cup quest :)

17 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Completing on this point, a player asked (few months ago) another pro player to gain this type of diamond cup with giving his account to this pro player, in order to make one of this tie lums score : the operation was a success and he gained his diamond cup for the trophy : he asked me for that, but I couldn't do that because it's too annoying changing a Vita's account, especially when you have a lot of games and organization on your memory card. It should be also not very ethical and especially not at all a good idea to give his account to an unknown player. However, if the servers will be really on there end of life, this will be a solution : I have a virgin PSVita I now should use to switch between accounts and succeed tie score after tie scores (or at least trying this operation)

I believe this would end up being an impossible chore to do as you'd have to reset your vita & memory card anytime u switch accounts, even in a weekly i think the crowd that would join up of they notice shutdown, + a real possibility for 'champion' by doing it this way, would overrun you extremely fast

2, or maybe 5, would be barely doable, but messing up just once... Would be excruciating for yourself as you'd have to do everything again

18 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

the Vita's version of this game is the only one where players could be so rude with some other players at the the Top of the ranking

I hear ya, I honestly always had a good vibe about trophy hunters, Im a trophy hunter, I think i reflected 'my ideas of a trophy hunter' too much on others, and it really was a letdown (im not here to brag that im a 'good' trophy hunter, but im always up to help out even to the point that it doesnt benefit myself)

Its weird to see people just see pointing their finger blindly

However, the people that are supportive and dont hold a grudge, are people that stick in your mind far easier than a grumpy a'hole (i could say 3 names of nice & cool people right now, but i cant even remember any dude insulting me) so it does pay off to be honest

18 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Anyway, make a real tutorial Dojo video with loooong explanations will be probably useless : yes too complex to explain all the "why" we do that and especially players who are ready to die hundred of times and have pleasure with it to improve step by step are too rare nowadays. After all, talking about me, it took me one year and a half to learning reliable technics on this challenge and to be able to be in the Top 5 of this challenge (then quickly Top 2 and 1st), but yes I didn't looked any tutorial videos, I just learned one room technic thanks to master Vraduggon. It was, for me, the last "long runs" challenge I had to learn and it took me so much time to learn compared to some others (I made quick improvements on murfy's and pits on the 3 first months for example) but it only depends on players, and you have now much more videos to improve, not considering this pact for pretty tie low scores, so it could be very interesting to reach a decent level for the diamond cup quest :)

A fully explained video, would still be way too hard to understand, it could even backfire as you'd rewatch countless times, whilst trying it yourself u'd probably learn it with your intuition faster

And dojo distance really is hard to learn, i know it sounds weird to say it 'is your best bet' for a diamond cup, but it just is, in my opinion

Towers on the other hand would be a bit easier to learn but I had the most trouble there, it took me a serious amount of learning to get decent at it, however I also noticed over time that some people just somehow 'do it' without knowing much skills of the game, and if we can 'set' diamond scores there (which we also... Try) it could honestly be a quickie to earn (if u are such guy)

Vraduggon... 184809 in dojo, that explains enough ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

I believe this would end up being an impossible chore to do as you'd have to reset your vita & memory card anytime u switch accounts, even in a weekly i think the crowd that would join up of they notice shutdown, + a real possibility for 'champion' by doing it this way, would overrun you extremely fast

2, or maybe 5, would be barely doable, but messing up just once... Would be excruciating for yourself as you'd have to do everything again

I hear ya, I honestly always had a good vibe about trophy hunters, Im a trophy hunter, I think i reflected 'my ideas of a trophy hunter' too much on others, and it really was a letdown (im not here to brag that im a 'good' trophy hunter, but im always up to help out even to the point that it doesnt benefit myself)

Its weird to see people just see pointing their finger blindly

However, the people that are supportive and dont hold a grudge, are people that stick in your mind far easier than a grumpy a'hole (i could say 3 names of nice & cool people right now, but i cant even remember any dude insulting me) so it does pay off to be honest

A fully explained video, would still be way too hard to understand, it could even backfire as you'd rewatch countless times, whilst trying it yourself u'd probably learn it with your intuition faster

And dojo distance really is hard to learn, i know it sounds weird to say it 'is your best bet' for a diamond cup, but it just is, in my opinion

Towers on the other hand would be a bit easier to learn but I had the most trouble there, it took me a serious amount of learning to get decent at it, however I also noticed over time that some people just somehow 'do it' without knowing much skills of the game, and if we can 'set' diamond scores there (which we also... Try) it could honestly be a quickie to earn (if u are such guy)

Vraduggon... 184809 in dojo, that explains enough ?

I think, if the tie score on dojo is easy to reach (in an easy room for that, considering my own strat°, which should not be too different in each try), I could easily help more than 10 players in a weekly challenge, I should miss the goal for one or 2 lums, but I should also reset the game before dying and play since the beginning, if I see I will miss this goal (yes more time spending for nothing) but the main problem would be also if someone, go suddenly over this tie score...a risky bet indeed.

Well, "grumpy a'hole" should also be on the side of other some pro-players : you should be surprised a message an old player (ex Top1 of the leaderboard) sent me because I overpassed his 15km score on murfy : he advised me to stop playing useless challenges and compete with "real" challenges (saying that not at all in a kindly way ^^" ) : now, I'm always happy to send back his 15km PB on the bottom of the history of this challenge each time I do a better distance :D (so almost each time I play this challenge). Curiously, I often heard that : "what are you playing exactly with your scores ?" (sometimes adding the word "cheat" or "cheater"). However, you're right, I remember more nice people I met on this game

For example, Vraduggon is really a very nice and kind guy (we talked a lot together in a time we learned each other how surpass our limits in neverending pits, even if, after that he went much more than anyone could imagine : more than doing 300km+ legally, have the courage and the talent to make dozen of 150km+ is more than incredible, almost madness, and I don't even talk about his dojo scores haha)

For my history on this game, I improved strangely on distance challenges (except on murfy's ones which were the only one that was progressive) : after reaching a certain point, where I needed months and months of practicing for that, I suddenly increased a lot to another level. For example, when I was able to reach 12 km on pits, my PB just after was at 36km+ ; when i was able to reach 3000m on tower, my PB just after was at 11km+, and when I was able to reach 3000 lums on dojo, I reached 13000 lums 2 challenges just after...But it took only 4 months for pits, 8 months for tower, and...20 months for dojo. The land is a particular case, because I "vegetated" at a medium level between 6000m and 12km during months (and it took more than one year to reach this medium level) until I completely changed my technique on some paths (before that, I needed to predict exactly the paths where I died, write their position and then replay again and again, after each death, to suceed them, once I now knew their position and be able to anticipate the path problem: with that I maximum reached 17.08km (sweet memory) with an enormous quantity of deaths in a same challenge...). When I finally found a reliable technique, 20 months have passed since my beginnings, So yes, in term of pure distance challenges, the land of the living dead was really the most painful in my case (If I had played it first on PS3 or even on WiiU, it would have been not the same hard road I suppose)

Edited by Arkiokin
  • Like 1

@AdruA_

Yes, that's the "problem" with videos, but I am still very thankful for them. Doing a highly detailed video breakdown probably would be a "waste" of time since that is a lot of effort. Practice, short text descriptions (like what you've given and I am taking note of), and a video of straight gameplay is good enough.

Haha yes I thought I maybe had a shot and then someone got like 20,000 or something and my dreams sank. 

Seeing as though Ubisoft gave a warning for the PC version, I could see them also doing that for the Vita. But again I won't be surprised if they don't.

Wait, someone got 184,000? Good god.

@Arkiokin The Vita switching is an interesting idea. That is risky though, as you said. 

Also sucks to hear you both getting bad messages. It's why I turn PSN messages off.

As for the score setting, like I said, it's always a gamble since someone could come in during the work day or as I am sleeping in America and then destroy it.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

31 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

@AdruA_

Wait, someone got 184,000? Good god.

Thinking that "only" doing 10 000 lums take around one complete hour playing (more or less, depending on your strategy), so a 180 000 lums score is "at least" a 18 hours run !!! (probably one or 2 hours more, to make some pauses), it's just insane, a complete video game marathon !

Well, thats Vraduggons WR on dojo, he did 184k once on ps3 if i recall right, must've been excruciating to do that ?

@Chaos_Bladez i hope the tips & videos give you a bit of courage to tackle this, in the end it feels pretty awesome to earn a trophy for something so unbelievably hard

Don't hesitate if you have questions, we're always up to help out!

Also, they didn't 'announce' the PC server shutdown, they actually were down way before they announced it in October last year, in that same month -a couple of weeks later- everything else also was down for a handful of days, they're turned everything back on, except pc, then couple of months later on they announced that the pc servers are down indefinitely, so pc didn't really have a warning since they weren't up for months already

And in a weekly it doesn't really matter that much if Arkiokin 'gone crazy because someone overdid our score' since weeklies usually get 2 diamonds, so with a 'shared score' as 2nd, you'd also all get diamond (nonetheless last week only had 201 players, so the possibility of the next one not making 200 is highly possible,... It all depends on when it happens though, vacation periods usually get more players than 'during the year', but during the year this game really is dying at a very fast rate, last year dailies got 2 diamonds, weeklies even 5 sometimes, in 2018 we even had a weekly with 8 diamonds)

8 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Well, thats Vraduggons WR on dojo, he did 184k once on ps3 if i recall right, must've been excruciating to do that ?

Before that, he did some other 100k+ scores and a lot of 80k+, stopping them just for fun (like he did on pits : even after have succeeded challenges that need 15 to 18 hours playing, he continues to make 10 hours+ needing challenges (with a voluntarily death) again just for fun, or rather to keep his skills alive, I can understand somehow this philosophy even if it's insane at this level of stubbornness... ) But, and only concerning pits, there are some new challenges at very very high distances and it can become a drug to search them, even if it needs at least 7 or 8 hours to reach this part of this challenge (in the past, I personaly searched this new stress, at an inferior level, but it needed anyway at least 3 hours to finally reach this point where the challenge begin to have again a technical interest and can raise your adrenaline)

P.S : during the history of my Rayman legends "own experience", there were many other "servers down" during several days (not necessarily on all platforms of the game, sometimes only specifically on Vita, sometimes not at all on vita but yes on the others, sometimes only on half the versions etc...). The one you mention was the last in date, but there were many more before that and during longest period : it was even much more usual (the more I saw was approximately one week on Vita) : if I remember right the first 50 players only gained a cup on a  weekly challenge before servers down for example (so the diamond was granted for a lucky guy with a pretty low score ^^ ). Unfortunately, each time this "cut" occured, a lot of players have left the game during the shutdown, but it was in times where there were at least 300 to 400 players in a daily challenges...

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin i was primarely talking about the pc servers being down, and that they didnt get it fixed even with all the rest being down & getting fixed

Also, if i recall correctly i think they didn't really announce a shutdown, but rather a 'management of it will stop, therefore if something happens it wont get fixed' but that was already months after the pc servers were down

So: pc servers go down > months of nothing > warning that pc servers can go down

Which actually must've been the other way around  ?

And about 'distances', i can understand that adrenaline rush coming on when u get to the point that it gets harder, i felt the same when i started to reach the wallglitch in land, and when i started to surpass it, boy that felt impressive

Though I dont do this all the time, i sometimes just have a period that i feel like going high again, but most of the time i'm pretty ok with whatever score i do

• 4 months later...

Are there still gltiched murphy challenges ? I want this platinum trophy so bad ? but it is impossible to do it the normal way... I once almost got it but minites before the end someone pushed mu up a spot and I went Gold ? the one who developer who came up with this stupid f***ing trophy should be fired if he wasnt already ?

3 hours ago, Gloom12356776543 said:

Are there still gltiched murphy challenges ? I want this platinum trophy so bad 1f622.png but it is impossible to do it the normal way... I once almost got it but minites before the end someone pushed mu up a spot and I went Gold 1f62d.png the one who developer who came up with this stupid f***ing trophy should be fired if he wasnt already 1f621.png

I am in the same position as you... I only need this f***ing trophy and I am awaiting for a glitch since last November. I absolute hate this trophy

• Like 1

@Gloom12356776543 & @cinthia_mendes there's no way on telling when a glitched murphy might show up, basically the only thing u can do is keeping an eye out for it

Every. Single. Day

U wouldn't necessarily need to boot up the game, if any glitched challenge pops up then I or Arkiokin or, whoever else will post about it, but then again u still need to actively 'look it up'

the developer of Rayman has quit, so he can't be fired anymore

Nobody says u have to wait until a glitched murfy though, if u practice others like dojo or tower distance u could get a diamond, but then u would need to dedicate to the game...

If you think about it, this is quite a stupid way to create a trophy, make a game on 3 platforms, share the same trophylists... But change the trophy list of the least used console & implement a 'online leaderboards-based' trophy & to top it off, make it harder by setting the requirement to 'top 1%'

When seeing stuff like this happen, i immediately know im not that dumb as i thought to be, im not bragging im a supergenius or something, just 'apparently dumber than me, still exists'

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

@Gloom12356776543 & @cinthia_mendes there's no way on telling when a glitched murphy might show up, basically the only thing u can do is keeping an eye out for it

Every. Single. Day

U wouldn't necessarily need to boot up the game, if any glitched challenge pops up then I or Arkiokin or, whoever else will post about it, but then again u still need to actively 'look it up'

Nobody says u have to wait until a glitched murfy though, if u practice others like dojo or tower distance u could get a diamond, but then u would need to dedicate to the game...

If you think about it, this is quite a stupid way to create a trophy, make a game on 3 platforms, share the same trophylists... But change the trophy list of the least used console & implement a 'online leaderboards-based' trophy & to top it off, make it harder by setting the requirement to 'top 1%'

When seeing stuff like this happen, i immediately know im not that dumb as i thought to be, im not bragging im a supergenius or something, just 'apparently dumber than me, still exists'

I got the Platinum for PS3 and PS4 version kind easily, but the Vita version has this terrible trophy that ruined the fun for me. 

Right now I have zero motivation to keep playing and failing the same challenge over and over and over again. It's just too stressful and not fun at all (for me, ok?)

I prefer really have fun playing other stuff and return to finish this damn trophy if/when it has a glitched Murphy challenge.

I look this forum everyday to see if something shows up. Thanks guys for that

• Like 2

For this champion trophy I recommend having a zen attitude and do not stress about it. Accept things as they are and hope for either an "easy" glitched murfy challenge, or what I wrote below.

There is another way, but it's even more luck based than the glitched murfy challenge, and that's what happened to me. I got the champion trophy the day PSN wasn't working properly (february 27th-28th depending on your timezone). I managed to connect to the online servers for the game around one hour before the timers for both daily challenges expired. The normal daily was distance-based, had like 10 players registered and the first had a registered distance of more than 3000 m. I couldn't risk it and checked the extreme daily. This challenge had only 4 times registered, it was about getting a number of lums in the least possible time and the fastest time registered was doable. In around 10 minutes I achieved the first place and stayed connected, checking the leaderboards in case anything changed. In the end, the timer ran out and a couple of minutes after the new daily challenges were online, the diamond was officially awarded and thus, the trophy popped. An australian friend of mine who's also trying to get the diamond wasn't able to connect to the servers that day, and the day after that I was the one who couldn't connect.

So, moral of the story, if PSN is acting weird, try and see if you can connect to the servers and check the daily challenges. It might be a one in a million chance, but it's still better than zero. And it happened to me.

Edited by Wip3r_U
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, AdruA_ said:

Every. Single. Day

The only benefit now is that there’s a known glitch that can be exploited. Otherwise, the vita is practically unobtainable with the amount of recent players.

On PS4 I’ve gotten close to Diamond a couple times and if I wasn’t so tired I could’ve actually earned one. But on PS3 and vita it’s very hard with the amount of players and the scores necessary.

I’ll be keeping an eye out on any updates here for the glitch as I’ve yet to purchase my copy, yet. I don’t want to commit to the game just yet until I’m 100% sure it’s active. 

• Like 3