New trophies, NG+ coming with version 1.1 update

OTPYG

About the new trophies from the Playstation blog:

"We’ve also added some new Trophies for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, which will appear in a separate section of your Trophy list and do not count toward Ghost of Tsushima’s Platinum Trophy."

and

"We’ve also added some new Trophies for playing Ghost of Tsushima on New Game+, which will appear in a separate section of your Trophy list and do not count toward Ghost of Tsushima’s Platinum Trophy."

So new trophies tied to the multiplayer mode and some for NG+. 

• Like 2

I was hoping they’d save new game plus for the ps5 update, but seeing how Sony are handing Spider-Man, they’ll probably do the same for the other first party games. sell the remastered versions, new lists, etc.. 

Edited by TalalHmd

1 minute ago, LordWikii said:

The new Legends trophies not counting for the platinum was already safe to assume but will it be a different trophy list just for it or a DLC section within Ghost of Tsushima like all other games?

Looks like a DLC section like other games. 

Can't wait for Legends!  One thing I did notice, which could just be looking too much into it, is at the very end of the video.  At the 1:30 timestamp the small text at the bottom says "Download Ghost of Tsushima: Legends on PS Store".  Does this mean it's a stand-alone mode with its own list that's free to all current owners?  While it's part of patch 1.1 I still find it odd that you would have to download the mode separately.  Again, I could just be reading too much into it.

Edited by SirShavesALot

4 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Can't wait for Legends!  One thing I did notice, which could just be looking too much into it, is at the very end of the video.  At the 1:30 timestamp the small text at the bottom says "Download Ghost of Tsushima: Legends on PS Store".  Does this mean it's a stand-alone mode with its own list that's free to all current owners?  While it's part of patch 1.1 I still find it odd that you would have to download the mode separately.  Again, I could just be reading too much into it.

"After you’ve downloaded version 1.1 of Ghost of Tsushima, you can visit the PlayStation Store from your PS4 to download a free unlock for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, which will allow you to play."

You have to own the game in order to download legends

As for trophies:
"We’ve also added some new Trophies for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, which will appear in a separate section of your Trophy list and do not count toward Ghost of Tsushima’s Platinum Trophy."

same applies to NG+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightningBreath_ said:

"After you’ve downloaded version 1.1 of Ghost of Tsushima, you can visit the PlayStation Store from your PS4 to download a free unlock for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, which will allow you to play."

You have to own the game in order to download legends

As for trophies:

same applies to NG+.

Cool.  Thanks for that.  :)

Perfect timing with Legends as I'm getting ready to finish up Persona 5 Royal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Doesn't PSN have some sort of rule that free DLC can only have two trophies maximum? I think I read that somewhere, back when the Resident Evil 2 DLC came out. So perhaps there are only 2 trophies tied to Legends? 

On top of my head, Rocket League free updates used to add more than 2 trophies 

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

On top of my head, Rocket League free updates used to add more than 2 trophies 

This^

Rage 2, No Man's Sky, Warframe, Farm Together, Forager and Metro Exodus all had multiple trophies added with their Content Drops. The 2 trophy thing is mostly down to lazy devs who can't be bothered to get creative and add multiple trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:
10 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

oh wow if you like following tracks in the dirt over and over you are easily amused. if you want to follow the same tracks over and over a 2nd time you are stupid!  

never said any of that. no one is going to force you to play through again except you. you dont even have a perfect completion rate anyway.