New trophies, NG+ coming with version 1.1 update

OTPYG

6 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

never said any of that. no one is going to force you to play through again except you. you dont even have a perfect completion rate anyway.

who says i can't have  a perfect completion?  it's perfect enough until there is an unobtainable which there isn't. I mean i'm not going to not do the 2nd play through.  I want the 100% but the point is it's not anything new having to do a ng+.  It's not added content. In almost all cases it isn't even a challenge.  In many cases ng+ is easier than the 1st play even on a harder difficult.  Look at the ng+ in spiderman.  I died less in it than playing on easy the 1st time with all my upgrades and knowledge of the missions.  I do hope it presents some sort of challenge at least so that maybe i'll be putting my time in for a trophy not everybody is going to complete.   When it comes to ng+People think they are getting something whey they're not.  Multiplayer trophies are fine. That is new added content.  That is the point and of course you want to come around and be a smart ass.  People who think NG+ is something special or added or additional value simply are easily fooled.  I purchased the game and i can play it as many times as I want on whatever difficulty i want.  I don't need the devs adding  in a ng+ to go at it a 2nd time.  You want to play the game on hard  quit being a wuss and do it without your upgrades and ask the devs for some real free content!!!

5 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

Have they announced a new difficulty? Did Spider-Man add a new one for NG+?

Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn & Days Gone all got a trophy for NG+ and one for doing so on the hardest setting

The Last of Us 2 got one for a new hard setting and one for permadeath

God of War & Death Stranding are the only "recent" Sony-exclusive AAAs that got no DLC trophies, if I recall

My guess for Tsushima would be a similar pattern to the first one's

I'll keep a close watch here when those new trophies drop onto Sony servers then plan my attack. If any online trophies drop that will be my first priority. Still have the game downloaded with my save intact. Let's do this! - Great game

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I'll keep a close watch here when those new trophies drop onto Sony servers then plan my attack. If any online trophies drop that will be my first priority. Still have the game downloaded with my save intact. Let's do this! - Great game

Same.  My priority will be the online as well.  NG+ can be done at anytime.  And there will definitely be online trophies according to the PS Blog.

"We’ve also added some new Trophies for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, which will appear in a separate section of your Trophy list and do not count toward Ghost of Tsushima’s Platinum Trophy."

If you need someone to group up with feel free to add me.  :) :ninja:

Meh. I'm almost at the point where NG+ trophies are worse than MP trophies. At least MP trophies are typically in the base game and I can just skip the game entirely. Few games really need an NG+ mode. Kudos to those that enjoy it, but most of the time, as others have noted, it's easier than the first playthrough and really adds little to the experience.

Other than probably preventing a few games from ended up on the second hand shelf

• Like 2

I'm almost at the point where NG+ trophies are worse than MP trophies. At least MP trophies are typically in the base game and I can just skip the game entirely. 

Sounds contrary to the general opinions on this forum up and until this particular update to Ghost. Hell, there's a game section for Mad Max that are hustling to get some trophies that are associated with an online server before the plat becomes unobtainable.

Is that as bad as not having a 100% with DLC? 
With it being DLC how do you stay away from games that don't announce or confirm their DLC plans with you?

54 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Sounds contrary to the general opinions on this forum up and until this particular update to Ghost. Hell, there's a game section for Mad Max that are hustling to get some trophies that are associated with an online server before the plat becomes unobtainable.

Is that as bad as not having a 100% with DLC? 
With it being DLC how do you stay away from games that don't announce or confirm their DLC plans with you?

I know where you're going with this question, and no I'm not going to pass up a game that I want to play just because of the trophies. Same is true for MP trophies. I will play them and deal with the trophies if it's a game I'm interested in.

That said, I still have a PS3 backlog and I picked up about a thousand hours of Vita games over the summer, so I'm not lacking for options to play at this point in time. I rarely buy day one games now. In fact, I'm at the point where I rarely buy year one games anymore. I think the last new game I bought close to launch was Control (and even that was 4 months after launch), and the new COD MW because some friends wanted to do the online. I still have Spider-man and GOW in shrink wrap. I am that far behind.

If there are games now, where I am indifferent or on the fence, I am increasingly waiting on the final trophy list before buying. It is better fiscally, and I would rather buy several games that I'm going to play and enjoy, than buy a game with grindy ass trophies that are going to suck up my time. NG+ to me is just a time waster. I can't recall the last game where NG+ really added a meaningful experience. That time could be better spent, for me at least, on another game.

21 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I know where you're going with this question, and no I'm not going to pass up a game that I want to play just because of the trophies. Same is true for MP trophies. I will play them and deal with the trophies if it's a game I'm interested in.

That said, I still have a PS3 backlog and I picked up about a thousand hours of Vita games over the summer, so I'm not lacking for options to play at this point in time. I rarely buy day one games now. In fact, I'm at the point where I rarely buy year one games anymore. I think the last new game I bought close to launch was Control (and even that was 4 months after launch), and the new COD MW because some friends wanted to do the online. I still have Spider-man and GOW in shrink wrap. I am that far behind.

If there are games now, where I am indifferent or on the fence, I am increasingly waiting on the final trophy list before buying. It is better fiscally, and I would rather buy several games that I'm going to play and enjoy, than buy a game with grindy ass trophies that are going to suck up my time. NG+ to me is just a time waster. I can't recall the last game where NG+ really added a meaningful experience. That time could be better spent, for me at least, on another game.

Backlogs are forever. Every game you want to play but don't becomes an addition to a backlog. All those covid and pandemic nonsense has seen me buy more games than I ever buy within a year. I got stuff wrapped in plastic and games on PSN that I never downloaded. However, I still play games. Some rise to the top of the playlist while others fall. This is my habit. I don't blame the people selling or support games for giving me something shiny to be distracted by. This update to Ghost, for me, will pop it back up to the top but mostly for the online stuff. I am unsure about NG+, maybe for PS5.

NG+ is just NG+ to me. Some games have bonuses while other games wipeout everything and start fresh. It is a varied matter. I wouldn't expect any given NG+ to be a completely new or meaningfully different experience than the original playthrough. I still don't see how any of that makes DLC trophy lists worse than mp trophies in the base game.

4 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Ugh not looking forward to NG+ on the hardest difficulty. 

Lethal was incredibly easy, and this is coming from someone who isn't usually fond of difficulty additions in games.  In NG+ it'll be a breeze unless they make NG+ more difficult at the start.  

I'm hoping that their somewhat generic response to trophies doesn't actually mean that the Legends stuff is a dlc add on to the list and is actually 100% seperate, but sounds like Legends will be accessible from the ingame towns so my hopes are shot.

I hate when single player games add multiplayer trophies as dlc.  Prefer the Prey or RE3 way of implementing mp trophies.  

• Like 3

So happy we're getting a New Game + mode finally! I won't even be mad if they tie a new trophy to beating it on Lethal difficulty. Definitely up for the challenge ?

As for the Legends trophies. I'm glad they're adding some (even though I usually hate online), though I hope they don't add tons or overly grindy ones that suck the fun outta it.

Either way, hope the NG+ & Legends lists are shown as game DLC rather than separate (like RE: Resistance for example)

14 hours ago, LightningBreath_ said:

You have to own the game in order to download legends

This is oddly worded, but may imply heightened DRM.

Edited by Helyx

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

This is oddly worded, but may imply heightened DRM.

It makes sense but I know what you mean. I always find it weird that developers highlight these really obvious points like "you must own the game to play the additional content" or "the new trophies will not be required for platinum". Like, yeah, no shit.

• Like 2