New trophies, NG+ coming with version 1.1 update

OTPYG

4 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I’m not sure they’ll add a trophy for Lethal, that would be unfair to everyone who already beat it. If there’s going to be a new difficulty added then that’s different.

it would be a bit redundant - I also finished the game on Lethal, but it was not bad at all. If they add a new difficulty where you practically gets one-shot and you do miniscule damage, well, that's a different story. Hope they will not do so, this game does not fly well as a 12th century Japanese Dark Souls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Lethal was incredibly easy, and this is coming from someone who isn't usually fond of difficulty additions in games.  In NG+ it'll be a breeze unless they make NG+ more difficult at the start.  

I'm hoping that their somewhat generic response to trophies doesn't actually mean that the Legends stuff is a dlc add on to the list and is actually 100% seperate, but sounds like Legends will be accessible from the ingame towns so my hopes are shot.

I hate when single player games add multiplayer trophies as dlc.  Prefer the Prey or RE3 way of implementing mp trophies.  

Agreed, unless they add settings like Hard+ or Lethal+ or whatever, it's going to be pretty easy, considering we'll have a bunch of new Golden Charms and a new upgrade tier for armors, bows and swords plus every skill from the beginning.

Still, I'm looking forward to it.

On 10/5/2020 at 0:52 PM, steel6burgh said:

I mean i'm not going to not do the 2nd play through... and ask the devs for some real free content!!!

then why whine about it? it doesnt matter. you just proved that youre complaining over trophies you were never going to go for instead of praising them for giving some "real free content" which they are doing.

Edited by EightBitArtist

On 05/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, steel6burgh said:

what a bunch of shit having to play assassins creed again for a few trophies.

This is Ghost of Tsushima not Assassins Creed.

I had no issue with Horizon Zero Dawn's NG + trophies since I had the collectors edition anyway and enjoyed the game. In the Ultra Hard version I just did the main game quests only.

Edited by alexandra-jane09

1 hour ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I had no issue with Horizon Zero Dawn's NG + trophies since I had the collectors edition anyway and enjoyed the game. In the Ultra Hard version I just did the main game quests only.

Unless they add a Lethal + or something you won't have any issues with a Lethal trophy.  I found it easier than Horizons UH, not much easier but still easier.

4 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

then why whine about it? it doesnt matter. you just proved that youre complaining over trophies you were never going to go for instead of praising them for giving some "real free content" which they are doing.

can you read??? I said I was going to do the trophies? What are you talking about?  It says i'm not going to NOT do a 2nd play!   If you want to pop off at least read it correctly so you know what you're talking about kiddo!  I'd imagine you fit the description of the kid in the pic because anybody who had to chime in on another post with insult it pretty much a joker.  If you don't like something someone says move on but when you quote things out of context and have failed to read it correctly you don't look very smart.  also, if you would have read I don't view NG+ as real free content, therefore why would i praise them?  If you disagree fine but still it's no need for insults. When you insult instead of expressing reasons to why you offer a differing view you look a lot like the baby crying in the pic you posted which I would imagine in reality is close to accurate. 

3 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

wrong it's assassins creed set in Japan.  That is what I was saying is it's the same thing.  It's sarcasm.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy an assassins creed game from time to time but I'm trying to figure out why it is people view this game as some groundbreaking work of art when it's so close to the same thing we've seen time and time again.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

This x 100000000.

Unless I love the game (i.e The Last of Us Part II) or it isn't a long game, I have personally decided that moving into next generation I am not doing the seemingly inevitable NG+ patch on Sony titles anymore. On Xbox (main system) I lose my completion, whereas on PS at least you keep the Platinum. In general, I'm getting really bored for the NG+ trend for 20+ hour games where your experience doesn't change aside from weapon loadout and minor abilities for the sake of 2 trophies. I appreciate no one is forcing us (except my OCD), and its largely done because Sony has a policy that does not allow difficulty related trophies to be required for the Platinum, but NG+ feels pretty redundant in most Sony games where you are playing an open world action-adventure with a linear plot and little user choice (e.g. Spiderman, HZD, God of War, TLOU, etc.)

I'll leave on a more humourous tone - I always found it funny that amidst all their 2018-onwards Sony games with NG+/Ultra Hard patches God of War was the one which didn't include trophies. It's my 2nd favourite game of this generation, and the one exclusive where I actually wanted this patch, yet was one of the very few which never came with trophies ?.

I already have decided I don't care to do new game plus that has been added in through a patch. As much as I love Horizon Zero Dawn (did all dlc except the new game plus) Spider Man (still working on dlc) The Last of Us Part II, Days Gone and Ghost of Tshushima, I don't care to go through the games again. I have plenty of games I have never played that I want to get to.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if they add any trophies related to this "Raid" I'm tired of raids.

I don't mind what they add though to be honest. I wasn't expecting to jump back in so soon but take out clearing the map, side missions, complete admiration of the landscape and I don't think the NG+ will be that bad. Maybe unwanted by a lot of people but still. Guess we'll find out on the 16th.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 5:34 PM, snakebit10 said:

I already have decided I don't care to do new game plus that has been added in through a patch. As much as I love Horizon Zero Dawn (did all dlc except the new game plus) Spider Man (still working on dlc) The Last of Us Part II, Days Gone and Ghost of Tshushima, I don't care to go through the games again. I have plenty of games I have never played that I want to get to.

The games themselves are piss easy in my opinion, but putting in the effort for the 100 percent requires a lot more. This is fine if they did it right, but it's basically yet another game with added NG+ trophies.

I definitely understand why most people just go for the platinum and don't bother with the DLC.

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The games themselves are piss easy in my opinion, but putting in the effort for the 100 percent requires a lot more. This is fine if they did it right, but it's basically yet another game with added NG+ trophies.

I definitely understand why most people just go for the platinum and don't bother with the DLC.

I liked when the difficulty was included in the base game. Like the Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted games. Even though the newer COD veteran isn't to hard you can still die pretty quick.

I may play the co op mode in Ghost of Tsushima but another full play through on new game plus I'll pass on. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 8:09 PM, Fox said:

Will be interesting to see if they add any trophies related to this "Raid" I'm tired of raids.

I don't mind what they add though to be honest. I wasn't expecting to jump back in so soon but take out clearing the map, side missions, complete admiration of the landscape and I don't think the NG+ will be that bad. Maybe unwanted by a lot of people but still. Guess we'll find out on the 16th.

I'm really hoping they don't add any mp trophies that are as difficult as Uncharted 4's Survival stuff.   That was really overkill imop.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:18 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I've personally never been a fan of the way games tack on one or two of arbitrary NG+ trophies post release (if this is what they are going to do) there have been a few games in the past that have done it - Horizon: Zero Dawn & Day's Gone spring to mind. Both of those games I absolutely loved. But after putting 50+ hours into both, the last thing i want to do is to go through them again for another 50+ hours just for a single NG+ or difficulty trophy.

I'm hoping the trophies will be specific to the Legends co-op mode. The idea of trophies around those is way more compelling than going through the main game again.

I never play NG+ just for trophies, skip 

https://collider.com/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-release-date-dlc-multiplayer/

Looks like it's out this week and the new trophies are for NG+. I can't see any mention of Legends trophies thankfully. I'm hoping can just do a speedrun of the story in NG+ as it was quite short. Another full completion doesn't sound very appealing.

Edit: Just found this link which suggests otherwise.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/05/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-and-new-game-out-october-16/

That link actually has quite a bit of info and content which makes it look more interesting than I first thought.

Edited by PeachyJacobs

5 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

https://collider.com/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-release-date-dlc-multiplayer/

Looks like it's out this week and the new trophies are for NG+. I can't see any mention of Legends trophies thankfully. I'm hoping can just do a speedrun of the story in NG+ as it was quite short. Another full completion doesn't sound very appealing.

I'm pretty sure the PS Blog said there would be new trophies for each mode. Not that blog (can't find it) but IGN say something similar

https://www.ign.com/articles/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-co-op-mode-is-out-next-week 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I'm pretty sure the PS Blog said there would be trophies for each mode, but I'm not categorically sure.

Thanks, mate. Was just coming back to the thread to edit my post as I found the PS blog post. That link actually shows a fair bit of a content so it's looking better than I first anticipated.

The wording is a little weird. They phrase the Legends trophies as if they are on a seperate trophy list - like... an entirely different trophy list - but then they phrase the New Game+ trophies the same way. The NG+ trophies will of course just appear in a seperate list under the main game, as has been the procedure with DLC trophy lists for 8 years or so. So it feels weird how they point out it's seperate trophy lists, and it's also strange how they point out they won't be needed for the Platinum trophy, as that's the way it's always been?

26 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

The wording is a little weird. They phrase the Legends trophies as if they are on a seperate trophy list - like... an entirely different trophy list - but then they phrase the New Game+ trophies the same way. The NG+ trophies will of course just appear in a seperate list under the main game, as has been the procedure with DLC trophy lists for 8 years or so. So it feels weird how they point out it's seperate trophy lists, and it's also strange how they point out they won't be needed for the Platinum trophy, as that's the way it's always been?

I noticed that too. I think they just mean its a 'bucketed' DLC list, and won't be required for the Platinum. This is always the case w/ PS4 DLC, of course as you mention. Perhaps they are required to be overly clear on this to avoid confusion, as its an official blog? Not sure. 

I think it'll show as follows in your trophy list: 

• Ghost of Tsushima (Base Game)
    • NG+ 
    • Legends
Edited by PhantomFear94

8 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I noticed that too. I think they just mean its a 'bucketed' DLC list, and won't be required for the Platinum. This is always the case w/ PS4 DLC, of course as you mention. Perhaps they are required to be overly clear on this to avoid confusion, as its an official blog? Not sure. 

I think it'll show as follows in your trophy list: 

• Ghost of Tsushima (Base Game)
    • NG+ 
    • Legends

As far as I know they've never made a point of it before, so the way they say it, it's definitely unclear.

I think you're right and will be the same as normal, but I wish it was a separate list. I'm so tired of my 100% constantly being ruined. It tugs at my OCD just enough to annoy me but not enough to do anything about it like play through the entire game a second time for some BS NG+ nonsense lol.

• Like 2