Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning Collector's Edition

I know it's supply and demand and all, but the inflated price of the Collector's Edition isn't worth it in my opinion. Yes, I love physical collectables and, yes, I'm thrilled to have something to display for one of my favourite RPGs of its time (and I mean the original in 2012), but what's in the box just isn't worth $180-$200 dollars (which is what I'm seeing it trend at currently). The soundtrack is just okay, and the included figurine has some paint spots/bleeding. I do love the art cards and I put the keychain on my keys.

I did an unboxing, if anyone is interested :3

When it was available from the game stores in my country, the price was around 100€ or so. It's likely higher if bought from ebay.

33 minutes ago, Shikikan_Dawn said:

I know it's supply and demand and all, but the inflated price of the Collector's Edition isn't worth it in my opinion. Yes, I love physical collectables and, yes, I'm thrilled to have something to display for one of my favourite RPGs of its time (and I mean the original in 2012), but what's in the box just isn't worth $180-$200 dollars (which is what I'm seeing it trend at currently). The soundtrack is just okay, and the included figurine has some paint spots/bleeding. I do love the art cards and I put the keychain on my keys.

I did an unboxing, if anyone is interested :3

The US Dollars price reminds me of when I bought Code Vein Collector's Edition, and that was very overpriced. The Xbox One version was around 149€, but the PS4 version? 199€. I'm not kidding. Also, the prices are from the same store, while every other store sold both versions in a same price (around 100€). Because I bought the game too late (it was sold out everywhere but that one store), I had to pay the higher price.

18 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wish they had included a steelbook.

Definitely.

3 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wish they had included a steelbook.

Same. Though I'm pretty sure they would have used the same image as the game cover. Couldn't they have used something else for the updated one? =/ The art on the collector's box is so nice and they could have used any one of those images, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, MrGarland said:

When it was available from the game stores in my country, the price was around 100€ or so. It's likely higher if bought from ebay.

The US Dollars price reminds me of when I bought Code Vein Collector's Edition, and that was very overpriced. The Xbox One version was around 149€, but the PS4 version? 199€. I'm not kidding. Also, the prices are from the same store, while every other store sold both versions in a same price (around 100€). Because I bought the game too late (it was sold out everywhere but that one store), I had to pay the higher price.

It was sold out way before I even found out about the remastered edition, unfortunately. My wife was able to find a copy from someone she knew, so she ended up paying retail thankfully. Everywhere online kept saying stock would be refilled, but that never happened.

Oof. It's an expensive hobby for sure.