Mad Max challenge glitches.

uduc2late

I'm very new to Mad Max at the moment (hevent even completed act 3 yet) and was hearing a lot of things about of different challenges being glitched e.g. The 190/191 glitch. But what I was wondering is seen as everyone is getting the online scrap crew challenges done, l want to know what if once you have the 2000 scrap from scrap crews collected  and then you get a game breaking glitch like the 190/191 where you have to restart the game to redo the challenge will you have to redo all the scrap crew collections again. Its just this really worries me as if everything is OK and then near the end of the game let's say around October 27th I get an awful glitch and have to restart I won't be able to get the plat cause I have to redo everything. So in shorter terms I want to know if completing the scrap crew challenges but then Having to restart the game, will this affect the online scrap crews. Very sorry its so long just really worried about this!  BTW I appreciate everyone's help with my previous posts, it really helps seen as I'm a noob to Mad Max, but I'm enjoying it a lot! 

Edited by uduc2late
Bad sentencing.

If you have a backup of just the online challenge complete you can restart from there, but really you should be fine. The glitches with challenges seem to be patched out for the most part, just make sure you don't die when you see the saving icon in the upper right, basically anytime you destroy an insignia or finish a scavenging location make sure you don't die and you should be fine.

• Like 2

Make a backup save just like shortyX said. Also, to lower the glitch risk: 

• Try not to die just after looting scraps or picking collectibles
  • Use all autosave slots and change them from time to time.
  • Check if the statistics page and challenges page has the same number for "Completed locations"
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

If you have a backup of just the online challenge complete you can restart from there, but really you should be fine. The glitches with challenges seem to be patched out for the most part, just make sure you don't die when you see the saving icon in the upper right, basically anytime you destroy an insignia or finish a scavenging location make sure you don't die and you should be fine.

They should make sure the container location isn't glitched first. If it is, having a backup won't help.

13 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

They should make sure the container location isn't glitched first. If it is, having a backup won't help.

That too, the container in Pink Eye's territory that is glitched is something you should check too OP. It probably takes 4-5 hours if you only focus on the mainstory to get to pink eyes and then you can find the container in question and harpoon it

Always check your statistics and how many number of locations you have completed in Reaper of the Harvest out of 191. The number should always be equal if you combine the other locations challenges.

So lets say that I currently have 67/191, add 18(Picking the Carcass)+13(What's Yours Is Mine)+5(Low Hanging Fruit) equals 103. That number should be equal to the locations completed in the statistics. If the number is equal, you are good, if not, either start from the earliest save if you have one or restart the whole game. 

Edited by MarcusPunisher
Bad math
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Always check your statistics and how many number of locations you have completed in Reaper of the Harvest out of 191. The number should be always equal if you combine the other locations challenges.

So lets that I currently have 67/191, add 18(Picking the Carcass)+13(What's Yours Is Mine)+5(Low Hanging Fruit) equals 106. That number should be equal to the locations I completed in the statistics. If the number is equal, you are good, if not, either start from the earliest save if you have one or restart the whole game. 

Yeah basically just add 36+what you have out of 191 and make sure your stats match.

50 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Always check your statistics and how many number of locations you have completed in Reaper of the Harvest out of 191. The number should be always equal if you combine the other locations challenges.

So lets that I currently have 67/191, add 18(Picking the Carcass)+13(What's Yours Is Mine)+5(Low Hanging Fruit) equals 106. That number should be equal to the locations I completed in the statistics. If the number is equal, you are good, if not, either start from the earliest save if you have one or restart the whole game. 

Hopefully his math is a little better than yours -)

Edited by Game_Knot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I think that got patched. Nobody involved in the Great Max Plat Pursuit of October 2020 has reported an issue. I had no problems.

I don't think it was a very common glitch in the first place. But I've definitely seen people say that it never got patched.

3 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

You can save yourself some time and just add 36 to whatever number you have out of 191...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You can save yourself some time and just add 36 to whatever number you have out of 191...

I was just going in detail as to where you get that number so people wouldn't have to ask.

5 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Hopefully his math is a little better than yours -)

Yea, hopefully. It explains why I always failed in math :D 

I just got plat this game. I think as long as you have backup after completing scrap crew, got right stats for Reaper of the harvest, and still have some convoys on Gutgash then you are safe.

For container glitch, you can search on youtube to get in. I didn't face it on my playthough though.

For Stick it to ya challenge, I was using Gutgash's convoy because need to clear threat on Pink eye and Jeet territory for archangel build.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redsailles said:

For Stick it to ya challenge, I was using Gutgash's convoy because need to clear threat on Pink eye and Jeet territory for archangel build.

The person/team who agreed on locking out cars until you reduce threat to 0 is an idiot. what’s the point of the new cars if I did everything already? 

Hey guys, thanks for the tips here. I'm trying to check the number of scavenging locations in Legend - Challenges - All but can't find the "Reaper of the Harvest" Challenge anywhere on the list, unless I'm blind.

Does it unlock later? Did I screw up and it's glitched?

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

2 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Hey guys, thanks for the tips here. I'm trying to check the number of scavenging locations in challenge statistics but can't find the "Reaper of the Harvest" Challenge anywhere on the list, unless I'm blind.

reaper should show up at 0/191 after finishing picking the carcass 18/18

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Hey guys, thanks for the tips here. I'm trying to check the number of scavenging locations in challenge statistics but can't find the "Reaper of the Harvest" Challenge anywhere on the list, unless I'm blind.

They unlock progressively. Once you finish "Low Hanging Fruit" (5), you unlock "What's Yours Is Mine"(13), and after you finish that, you unlock "Picking The Carcass"(18). Once you complete that, you'll start 0/191 for "Reaper Of The Harvest".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdrake2 said:

reaper should show up at 0/191 after finishing picking the carcass 18/18

Ugh... Can't seem to find that one neither.

I'm a bit early on the game, on the way to Gutgash fortess, I already picked the scrap crew in Jeet's fortress. Just want to make sure I didn't screw up anything before proceeding.

Edit: Didn't saw the comment after. Thanks!

God this platinum is confusing XDDD

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

i think i may have a very odd glitch happen to me that has screwed me out of up to the task... the hot air balloon at the very top left won't come down. I added fuel and intetacted with the console and it came down about half way and is stuck there. i can't refuel the console, i can't interact with the console, i can't reach the balloon. i've left and come back, enemies have respawned but still nothing on the balloon.

anyone had this happen??? assistance would be appreciated

Edit: may have found a solution... will check tonight.

Edit 2: Solution found... I simply missed a button at the front of the bridge :| 

Edited by kraven_15

• 2 weeks later...
On 5.10.2020 at 10:16 PM, PerryToxteth said:

I think that got patched. Nobody involved in the Great Max Plat Pursuit of October 2020 has reported an issue. I had no problems.

Yesterday jt happened to me. So it is definitely not patched. In the stats I have 227 scavening locations done, the challenge stopped at 190/191. I will not start the game again, so it's unplatinable for me -.-

I've played through most of the game already and have three areas 100% completed already of the five.

The glitches can still happen to some people but from playing this game when it originally came out to playing now they definitely ironed out alot.

I was lucky I didn't hit any major glitches at all. The only glitch I ever had was a storm in its graphics and sound didn't disappear when I left it and it kept following me around in game everywhere. A quick reset of the game though fixed it completely.

Edited by Lord_Bane999