Getting Game of Thrones back - how?

LoveInHell

I really enjoyed this Telltale game on the PS3. I only found out today that there is a PS4 version. Its unavailable in the PS store and I can’t find any physical copies.

Since Telltale is coming back with The Wolf Among Us 2, isn’t it possible to ask past games back? To put them back in the PS store at least.

If there is a way then please let me know cause I would love to play other Telltale games that are unavailable or very hard to find. I can’t ask this by myself and expect them to notice, so if you’re interested then I would ask you to put effort into this as well if possible.

• Like 2

Your one and only option for this game is to find a retail copy, then download Episode 6 from the in-game store. For the other TTG titles, see here: 

The games that have been 100% delisted and didn't get a retail release are gone forever so have almost no chance of coming back. Tales from the Borderlands has the best chance of returning to the PS Store but so far, 2K and Gearbox are dragging their heals on the matter.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

i think for legal reasons they can't bring them back. if i rememer right telltale went bankrupt and shuttered its doors and was bought by a 3rd party. so there may be some legal hinderances when it comes to the older games.

Thats unfortunate. ? I didn’t know they were bought by a third party. I’ll try that guide posted above you. Thanks @HuntingFever

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

i think for legal reasons they can't bring them back. if i rememer right telltale went bankrupt and shuttered its doors and was bought by a 3rd party. so there may be some legal hinderances when it comes to the older games.

This^

The rights to all their games have since reverted to the original IP holders so unless a new licensing deal can be made, none of those titles are coming back any time soon.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

The rights to all their games have since reverted to the original IP holders so unless a new licensing deal can be made, none of those titles are coming back any time soon.

That guide you posted is for NA only but I appreciate it. Someone posted that the Minecraft Telltale game is still available in the Japanese PS Store (with English support), that was in 2019. I’m just going to keep looking then. I saw Back To The Future secondhand online like less than a year ago, I regret not getting that now. :/

• Like 1

There are new copies for sale on eBay, but they can be expensive.

Used copies are cheaper, but I'm not sure if the disc allows you to download all the episodes without a code.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=game+of+thrones+telltale&_sacat=0

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs

42 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

There are new copies for sale on eBay, but they can be expensive.

Used copies are cheaper, but I'm not sure if the disc allows you to download all the episodes without a code.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=game+of+thrones+telltale&_sacat=0

I rented the PS3 version from GameFly.  No code needed.

5 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

i will say that out of all of the TellTale games....GoT was by far the worst for me...very slow and and yawnful...i almost didn't even bother plat'ing...

So if this is the only one you can't get, i wouldn't lose too much sleep over it....

Agree. GOT game felt like being in the bottom of a latrine. Every time you felt a glimmer of hope and would look up, suddenly a deluge of excrement would rain down on you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, djb5f said:

I rented the PS3 version from GameFly.  No code needed.

This^

There no codes needed for the Season Pass discs :).

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Agree. GOT game felt like being in the bottom of a latrine. Every time you felt a glimmer of hope and would look up, suddenly a deluge of excrement would rain down on you. 

Don't remind me. This is by far the worst game that TTG ever released.

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

So it's true to its source.

8 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

I never watched the GoT series before but I heard thats how GoT is supposed to be, so they nailed it. ?

I suggest using this site

https://www.locajogos.com/LocaJogos/JogoDetalhe/138?idJogo=176

I rented Celeste and BBTAG from them so i can confirm that they're safe

5$ for 15 days is a pretty good deal imo, espically since the game is delisted. I used PSN gift cards as my currency to work with them so I'm not sure if you can use your credit card to pay.

Hope this helps

Edited by Akeachi