[Video] I Know a Few Maneuvers Trophy Guide

Carnage0702

18 minutes ago, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

Great job. This seems the most sensible way to do it. You'd have to be extremely lucky to get a laser kill in drift.

Am I right in saying that when you drift, your head tilts all the way over to one side? The drift button is a bit fiddly. I have it set to double tap but I'm not always sure it works.

Thanks I really appreciate hearing positive feedback! The drift is tough to explain so I'll do my best by explaining different areas.

You dont have to have your head tilting for the game to register a drift but sometimes it will just kind of happen type of thing. If your head does not tilt dont worry. As long as your using all power in your engines to charge a boost, you can drift with literally 2 speed boost bars. I found that drifts work best when you just spam them lol what I mean by that is just get at least 2 bars like I said and as soon as you perform a boost your good to perform a drift literally like 1 second after you boost as long as you hold L3 while pushing the right joystick left or right. I hope I explained good 

5 minutes ago, Carnage0702 said:

Thanks I really appreciate hearing positive feedback! The drift is tough to explain so I'll do my best by explaining different areas.

You dont have to have your head tilting for the game to register a drift but sometimes it will just kind of happen type of thing. If your head does not tilt dont worry. As long as your using all power in your engines to charge a boost, you can drift with literally 2 speed boost bars. I found that drifts work best when you just spam them lol what I mean by that is just get at least 2 bars like I said and as soon as you perform a boost your good to perform a drift literally like 1 second after you boost as long as you hold L3 while pushing the right joystick left or right. I hope I explained good 

Yeah that's what I figured. Might remap some buttons as clicking L3 is really awkward given it also controls throttle and tilt.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ROBOGEAR said:

Thanks for this, good to know it doesn't have to be with lasers! Now just to figure out Trigger Happy... 

No problem! Yea if only the people who have it could just tell us what to do. The picture of the trophy is the Burst cannon laser on the Fighter class. People in public matches just gut for the objectives but solo you can control the round more so I'm hoping if you just go into a solo fleet battle you can make the round go long enough to get a higher chance of dealing more damage. I have ideas I'm just focused on 1000 kills in dogfights. But I'll try a few matches when I'm on later

Edited by Carnage0702
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

A little confused but looks like you used the multiple rockets on the y bomber and just kept drifting after shooting? 

If so, may not be bad idea to use ion cannon then a missile to shoot at the disabled ship then drift. Anyways will have to test this out eventually. Goodbye K/D ratio lol

In the description I put my loadout. Seeker mines and multi lock missles and drift and hope for the best

Yea this trophy is the killer of kd lol

Edited by Carnage0702

I got this last night.

I used the TIE Bomber and Y-Wing, using Seeker Mines and Cluster Missiles.

If an enemy is close behind you, drop a mine, hit boost, and drift when the mine icon turns yellow.

If an enemy is in front of you, lock with cluster missiles, hold the lock until two or more dots appear next to the reticle (which represents more than one missile will be fired at the current target, not to be confused with locking on to multiple targets), fire, and drift.

It's a bit fiddly and a lot of it is luck. Obviously you need to be in a drift animation when the kill happens for it to count. Not sure if there is a buffer of a second either side of the drift, but the screen grab it captured when the trophy popped shows my POV looking to the side in the middle of the drift.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

I got this last night.

I used the TIE Bomber and Y-Wing, using Seeker Mines and Cluster Missiles.

If an enemy is close behind you, drop a mine, hit boost, and drift when the mine icon turns yellow.

If an enemy is in front of you, lock with cluster missiles, hold the lock until two or more dots appear next to the reticle (which represents more than one missile will be fired at the current target, not to be confused with locking on to multiple targets), fire, and drift.

It's a bit fiddly and a lot of it is luck. Obviously you need to be in a drift animation when the kill happens for it to count. Not sure if there is a buffer of a second either side of the drift, but the screen grab it captured when the trophy popped shows my POV looking to the side in the middle of the drift.

First of all did not know you could shoot multiple missiles at the same person. Learning a lot of shit. Thank you. What's the max you can fire at someone? 

Also, what option do you have your drift as - hold or press? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

First of all did not know you could shoot multiple missiles at the same person. Learning a lot of shit. Thank you. What's the max you can fire at someone? 

Also, what option do you have your drift as - hold or press? Just curious. 

Yeah I only worked it out the other night. I could never work out what the four dots next to the reticle were. I think the max in one shot is 4.

For the drift I tried double tap but found it too fiddly. Went with hold L3 and it's a lot more predictable to use.

Might be obvious but I figured I might as well confirm it; interceptors armed with mines will work for the trophy. As much as I love my Y-wing, I felt as though the interceptor's speed made it easier for two reasons: 

1) Better for quickly resupplying after running out of mines

2) Might be just me but I feel like the drift lasts longer. 

Ultimately, you have no hull integrity though so you have to consider that...

I just got this today. This is a great guide and all the comments are pretty right on. They helped a ton. 

I used an interceptor with seeker mines and cluster missiles. I was successful doing 2 things: either flying toward a target and locking until I could fire all four missiles together then immediately boosting and drifting -OR- flying into a group, getting someone to chase me, then laying a mine and immediately boosting and drifting. 

I saw more success with seeker mines on stages like Galitan, Sissubo, and Nadiri Dockyards and more success with missiles on Esseles, Zavian Abyss, and Yavin Prime. 

the key for me was to boost and drift immediately after setting it up. There wasn’t enough time to react if I tried to see if it would likely hit. 

I tried laying mines randomly and watching for them to turn yellow but the success rate was low. People would either run straight into them giving you no time to drift or they’d avoid them until they self destructed. 

This trophy ended up being a lot more situational than it was difficult in the end. The closest thing I can relate it to was the trophy in Battlefront 2 where you had to kill 30 hero ships with a fighter. Once you know what you’re looking for, you just have to wait for it to happen and react. I went whole matches without a good shot at one. All depended on how people were playing in the match. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GRANDMASTER_GORE said:

I Play Interceptor all the time and spam my seeker mines all the time. The Kills are happening, but the trophy doesn't want to come...

I started with the interceptor, spammed mines then sped off. I got some kills but it was slow going.

I got more kills, faster, by using a tie bomber / y-wing with the enginer boost (+100% boost generation, -100% boost usage). The bombers are tempting targets and I found people would go after me more.The engine change was needed as the regualr boost took too long to charge. I would put myself in the middle of the battle, started dropping mines then boost / drift repeatedly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got mine this morning, using the turrets and mines in a support ship. I found it helpful to set up the turrets around the static repair points on the map and drift between them. 

I saw a few people having trouble with trigger happy. I found that easiest on Esseles in the A-Wing with repair kit and the target jammer. 

Hope that helps someone. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Did you figure out a strategy to avoid this or is it all down to luck? Because the same keeps happening to me.

I cant remember what its called but I just equipped the mod that increases your boost charge and was drifting almost non stop. Still had a fair bit of luck involved. I also got lucky and was going for this when the game got its first sale and there was a lot of new blood that didn't know how to dodge mines.

8 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

I cant remember what its called but I just equipped the mod that increases your boost charge and was drifting almost non stop. Still had a fair bit of luck involved. I also got lucky and was going for this when the game got its first sale and there was a lot of new blood that didn't know how to dodge mines.

Okay thanks, I'll try messing around with the engine mods again.

Edit: It think you mean the one that gives a +40% Passive boost charge rate with a -20% Max Speed.

Edited by bikeman223