[Video] I Know a Few Maneuvers Trophy Guide

Carnage0702

So just wanted to give an update. I stopped playing the game shortly after my last post and just started again a week ago and finally started to go for drift kills today. It's not as bad as you think! 

I feel confident I already have 7 drift kills and that's after 4 games. I even got 11 kills one match just from the mines but wasn't drifting at the right time. So to play it safe I'm going to assume only 3-4 of those kills actually counted even though I feel pretty confident.

The only annoying part is sometimes the game stops showing me my seeker and turrent mines on the screen so I'll have to die to fix the bug. I'm also using support ship with both mines as the Republic. Feels pretty easy so far.

Edit: got the trophy just now! Took me 5 games, so I guess my personal count for my drift kills was correct. I'll post the load out I used which was taken from a post I saw and can't remember. 

Republic side support ship: 

Ion canon (doesn't matter though) 

LA: Seeker mine

RA: Turret mine

CM: MSJ

Hull: Deflector 

Shields: Fortified

Engine: Slam

Divert all powers to shields first then engines. This way you shields still regen and you get maximum speed/boost. Good luck! Follow the other tips for how to get kills. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

finally got this one done. took me around 15 levels worth of grinding and numerous "that had to be one" moments but i got it. use the U-wing, turret/seeker mine combo. it works. you have to drift almost immediately when you see the seeker go yellow. also keep your target on enemies near your turrets (so you can see their health go down) and engage drift early encase they get the kill. super dumb and frustrating trophy. glad its over. 

Edited by WarrenGRegulator
misspelling

• 3 months later...

I've been doing this and I really feel I've exceeded the trophy requirement by far but still nothing... i even went back to default controls if it was glitched.

Edit: Thought i was drifting but I wasnt holding the drift button... 

Edited by amebapiko

Just got this using Support with turret mines and seeker mines. Very useful, not only for this trophy but for getting kills anyway as people struggle to shoot you if you keep boosting and drifting! Took me 12 matches to get the ten drift kills.

I mapped the boost button to L2 and had a much better time pulling it off than with L3.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 4:04 AM, amebapiko said:

I've been doing this and I really feel I've exceeded the trophy requirement by far but still nothing... i even went back to default controls if it was glitched.

Edit: Thought i was drifting but I wasnt holding the drift button... I must have killed 50 players with mines and turning hard with drift boost off, make sure you hold the L3 button to actually drift

I made the same mistake

Edited by Irishdoublej
left out info

On 3/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, WarrenGRegulator said:

finally got this one done. took me around 15 levels worth of grinding and numerous "that had to be one" moments but i got it. use the U-wing, turret/seeker mine combo. it works. you have to drift almost immediately when you see the seeker go yellow. also keep your target on enemies near your turrets (so you can see their health go down) and engage drift early encase they get the kill. super dumb and frustrating trophy. glad its over. 

I feel like the support ships are sitting ducks, I liked the A-wing and Tie Interceptor, but they can't take any damage

I finally got this trophy, after a lot of trial and error, the key is make sure you are actually boosting! Charge up engines left on D-pad, HOLD L3, turn with R. I preferred the A-Wing and Tie Inerceptor over the Support ships for both the New Republic and Galactic Empire, make sure your turret or mine has turned yellow and boost. I wasn't holding the L3 button down long enough for the kills to count. After realizing my mistake, I was able to get drift kills, with the Tie Interceptor and A-Wing using seeker mines, I got a few with the bombers from both factions as well, again seeker mines, and to top it off popped the trophy using a support ship. Whatever method you choose to use will work, have to find what works best for you. I am glad it is over, I will miss using the seeker mines and not getting kills even though they fly right through the center of it

On 3/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, WarrenGRegulator said:

I did the same thing, that has to be one drift kill done, I realized I was turning off boost and turning rather than initiating a drift, I pressed not long enough the L3 button instead of holding it down. Once I realized the mistake, after I killed 50 players with seeker mines and not drifting properly, make sure engines are charged left on D-pad, press L3, hold L3 while your seeker mine or turret mine turn yellow, just hope for the kill, because it doesn't kill most of the time. I saw someone said 3/4 times it will get the kill it is more like 1/4. It is very doable once you get the feel for it. I can even land a few shots with the laser cannon drifting now, after a lot of trial and error. 

Edited by Irishdoublej